It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN BREAKING: Egyptian Information Minister > Mubarak will not resign.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I suppose its all coming to the apex of the situation. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Presidential Palace will be overrun with masses of angry civilians. Considering this perspective, it also makes you wonder if it does happen, then what next? Who will take the place of Mabarak?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Iraq 2.0

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

So you don't think he will keep his word that he will have honest elections? I know he hasn't been honest in the past, but because of the chance he could even be killed by his own army and the fact that there are other countries so involved now that the chance of him being offed is greater. He seems like a big talker to me. I wonder if he's not really up against the wall yet? The more violent they get he could justify retailation and just wipe the ground with thousands. And plead he had to do it for the countries best. I don't agree with that, Im just wondering what his next step will be.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Do I think he will hold fair elections??? Probably not. Most likely power will be given to his son or his current VP.

The more I think about it though...the more I think his speech was just a move to encite the protestors into turning violent and storming government buildings.

And you know what...I think they will...how easy it is to manipulate those poor souls.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I just listened to parts of his speach again, and I really do wonder if he might atempt to hold fair elections. He's has now got the front page of the world and thats gotta make him think he's has to do something right. This is a guy who has a ego bigger than he knows what to do with. Money and greed will make people do strange things. But this guy doesn't seem stupid to me. Keep them all watching the right hand, while the left hand is moving the pieces. I think maybe he's got some sort of trump card that "WE" are not seeing at this point.
Yea he's paying lip service to the media and all others. But I don't think he's stupid enough to believe that anyone else believes it either.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't know, maybe I sound like im talking out my butt. I just read that other thread that he left the country. Maybe that was his trump card. " Let them tear each other apart, HaHa try and find me!"

But now I'm hearing that he has transfered all his power over to the Vice President.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

So you don't think he will keep his word that he will have honest elections?

No one wants democracy in Egypt but the masses. Definitely not the Egyptian military. They have been in power for 30 years right along with Mubarak. Why would they support real democracy? Fake democracy works so well why would anyone even consider giving the Egyptians real democracy when it would just screw up all the profit taking going on in the region?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join