It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN BREAKING: Egyptian Information Minister > Mubarak will not resign.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow this is HUGE. If he does not step down this sets a dangerous president. It tells the world you can not revolt and achieve a goal.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marklancedance
Wow this is HUGE. If he does not step down this sets a dangerous president. It tells the world you can not revolt and achieve a goal.

No, it tells the world that if your leader is a tyrant, and you have a peaceful revolt, you won't achieve your goal.

This tells me that if you want to overthrow a tyrant, you need get their head on a pike.

Kind of like what the USA did with Sadaam Hussein, which is kind of ironic, considering...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marklancedance

If he doesn't step down things will get worse.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
He isnt stepping down. He is right now calling Egyptians his sons and daughters and promising not to molest them anymore. And he is promising to punish the people who were hurting them. He is going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of that office.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, hes not really stepping down. If they keep protesting they will run out of food and water.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Liberation Square isn't going to be a very nice place to be in a few minutes time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yeah, hes not really stepping down. If they keep protesting they will run out of food and water.

Food and water can be brought in.

Having enough money for it isn't a real issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can't believe how stubborn this guy is. He said he will die in Egypt. Something tells me that may happen sooner than later...
edit on 2/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"Mubarak speech ends with no clear resolution to standoff"
CNN.COM

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Actually I was wrong and right about the food and water thing. Apparently, their Oil exports have already peaked and dropped to nothing, causing the country to be in significant economic distress. They are also running out of water. Also, their population has dramatically increased. Good Article

link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
"Mubarak speech ends with no clear resolution to standoff"
CNN.COM

Why did he even speak? It was nothing but rambling nonsense.

All he did was make the people furious. He was better off not saying anything.

link   
From the looks of things on Al Jazeera, things are about to get worst. I had a feeling he wouldn't step down, though. I wonder if the military will get involved now.

Edit: Apparently the masses are marching on a military base. Al Jazeera Live
edit on 10-2-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He just added fuel to the fire. Those people are going to go nuts now. Great job Mubarak.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Mubarak is just digging his own grave at this point... Watch and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

If they become violent the army will step in and start killing. I don't know if these impoverished peoples have the arms to fight back.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just the coup they needed, now they have the " authority " to bring in the military to take order over its people. Im thinking this alleged debate between the Dictator and the military was a sham, a side show, to get the people upset, ...and now the " hammer " may be swung!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
After watching and listening to that ramble I have to conclude he's lost the plot. He's an old man living in a parallel reality of his own imagining.

I suspect the military or some faction of the military will have to act now.

Sad to say but I think blood will spill again, probably more than last week.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
He clearly stated he was not going to let other countries tell him what to do. He's very stubborn and ignorant. I'm not even sure ignorant is the right word. Stupid. This country will tear itself apart to get at him.
Very sad!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Did anyone honestly think he was going to step down???

I don't see anything good coming of this...for either side.

The protestors have no leverage, they never did. It's a lost cause for them in my opinion. They have already shown they don't have the will to actually "fight" for what they want...so what motivation does Mubarek have to do anything? At this point...if violence breaks out...the Egyptian military has had plenty of time to prepare...surprise is no longer there...the protestors really have nothing going for them.

And Mubarek...he will cling to power until the Fall...then he will hand his power over to his son or the VP. In all honesty...considering the other options...that is probably the best course of action at this point.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

If they become violent the army will step in and start killing. I don't know if these impoverished peoples have the arms to fight back.

You are right, they should just live under tyranny. It's their best option, yes?

Your second statement is EXACTLY why Americans refuse to give up their guns. Not now, not ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join