It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN BREAKING: Egyptian Information Minister > Mubarak will not resign.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

edit on 10-2-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Conflicting statements being released but this is the highest official, beside Mubarak himself, stating there will no mass change in the highest levels of their administration.

A transition of power to the VP seems to be unlikely and unsupported.

www.cnn.com
Breaking News

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This is why, before you start your revolution, make sure you have a plan for who is going to replace the incumbent, and what sort of system will be used to legitimize it.

Im beginning to suspect we are all getting punked anyway. I am starting to think this was just a lovers quarrel between the military from which Mubarak came and Mubarak. That there is not going to be any REAL shift of power from the military to the people, but that they will put in place a sham democracy like we have in the US. Where you get to choose which Fascist puppet you have as a leader, but you dont get to choose NOT to have a Fascist puppet as a leader.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've stopped watching this, it's a stalemate. I think he's hoping that the protesters give it up and get tired. Not sure if that's the case but it could be.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They still say on CNN TV that senior official told CNN that he will step down ..
why would he say he will step down and then at the last minute ..cancel everything
it doesnt make sens

sorry Canadiendream ... Mubarak is going down tonight or the army will get him out

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Most likely it will all kick off again, possibly even more intense this time round.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
hes leaving, hes staying.......the people of egypt need to rush in and remove him them selves. If a leader doesn't represent the ideals of his /her people then he must resign.
Americans should follow the lead of the egyptians. and not hang there heads. We, if any , should express our freedoms

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow...this is a sure path to anger people and add kerosene to the fire. Send one message of stepping down and then rescind it?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hate to sound cynical about it, but I kinda have lost interest in the topic of Egypt revolts.

Maybe sometime around last week I got fed up with it and decided it's taking way too long and that the issue is being twisted in every possible way.

For the last 10 days or so, every day, I walk by and see it on the news and I remark "This is STILL going on? Geez!"

It just looks like a disaster now to me.

Did you see the video of the van driving through the crowd of people at like 45-55 mph? It was bowling for humans, and he trashed about 15-20 people doing it. They flew like bowling pins. Pretty sick and twisted IMHO.

Why do I wanna watch this disaster unfold further daily? Do I like seeing innocent people massacred ? No.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING VIDEO

This subject is starting to be a real drag, honestly...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Of the news channels covering this, I feel CNN has gone above and beyond my expectations. Yes, they formed their opinions and as well stated them, but they also put out the facts as they were so I could make my own decision. Well done CNN, especially Anderson.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Not good...Not good at all.... This is going to get violent quickly now...Mubarak has tweaked the nose of the people and they are not going to take it well....Look out here it comes....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjOHNSON
hes leaving, hes staying.......the people of egypt need to rush in and remove him them selves.

Rush into where? Exactly - no one has a clue where he is.

He is probably deep in the Sahara somewhere in a hidden desert bunker or something.

They should just stop listening to him. Ignore him 100%.

And form their own new government without his blessing. They hate him anyway, what's the point of getting his blessing? Are they really so misled and enslaved they think he has to "Agree" with them about this?

Seriously this subject doesn't make any sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Not good...Not good at all.... This is going to get violent quickly now...Mubarak has tweaked the nose of the people and they are not going to take it well....Look out here it comes....

You gotta be kidding me?
Going to get violent?

It already IS violent!

Look at the video I posted above! Bowling for humans with vans!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Just a second ago they ssaid he is nolonger the prez

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think the revolutions have sputtered out somewhat outside of Egypt. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't been hearing it mentioned like it was a couple of weeks ago. I feel momentum was lost not only for the opposition in Egypt but elsewhere also.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have a strong 'hunch' that Mubarak has been arrested by the military.

I could be wrong, but let's watch and see.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Just a second ago they ssaid he is nolonger the prez

Who said this? Someone in his Adminstration, CNN or a random cititzen?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by daddyroo45

You gotta be kidding me?
Going to get violent?

It already IS violent!

Look at the video I posted above! Bowling for humans with vans!

Quite right... The violence will escalate...They almost got what they wanted only to have it taken away...There are some poed people in Egypt that are going to take out their frustrations....Watch and see !!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Folks, this is Psychological Operations 101.

To diffuse the opposition population, you confuse the population. You say one thing, then turn around and say another. Do this a few times, let people argue, celebrate, get alarmed, ask questions, debate, etc....

Eventually you settle on your final message and by then everyone is just glad to know what the heck is going on and they forget why they were mad in the first place.

This is a psy op, straight up. American politicians do this all the time, and it seems to work for them.
edit on 10-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My biggest question is why they didn't take Mubarak out in the early stages of the revolt?

IMO, Murarak has the cards due to how long all of this has played out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join