It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Considers Chemical Castration For Rapists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
it seems like a knife and a rubber band would be a lot more cost-effective...although they better be sure they got the right guy if they take that route...we should send all the pentagon pederasts over there to be punished

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
In theory, I think it's a wonderfrul idea.But, and it's a big but, what about the falsely accused? Here in the USA, all a woman has to do is cry rape, and the accused is smeared in the media, name released to the public, reputation ruined, and pretty much assumed guilty before innocent.

I think rape is horrible. Pedophelia, and the involvement of children, is worse. For repeat offenders, if proven without a doubt, I have no problem with chemical castration. What scares me is how much potential control a woman has in this situation. She could completely screw up a mans life if she has an agenda. A woman can blackmail a man, and threaten reporting him for rape, which could now lead to castration. I would feel more comfortable if polygraph tests were involved to, and yes I know they aren't completely accurate. But make sure the accuser passes 3 polygraph tests, and all the details stack up. Or, increase the penalty for falsely accusing someone of rape. If it's proven you falsely accused someone, then you serve the same sentence a rapist would.
edit on 10-2-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join