It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland's Second Largest Volcano About To Erupt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From the RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service website:

Another volcano could be about to erupt on Iceland, threatening to spew out a blanket of dust that would dwarf last year’s eruption and ground hundreds more passenger flights. Geologists say there is a high risk of the island’s second-largest volcano Bárdarbunga erupting after an increase in the number of earthquakes around it. Pall Einarsson, a professor of geophysics at the University of Iceland, says the increased activity provides “good reason to worry”.

This has me worried. Last year eruption of Eyjafjallajokull was bad enough, planes were grounded and Britain economy damaged, yet an eruption of Bárdarbunga would dwarf one of the most disruptive eruptions of modern times.

I'm no expert so I ask what would the damage be?

Peace.
ALS

Source
edit on 10-2-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah just read that on the telegraph;www.telegraph.co.uk... rldnews/europe/iceland/8311924/Icelandic-volcano-set-to-erupt.html
We could really do without that eruption here in the UK, we're being hammered with cuts left right and centre
, my part-time job is at heathrow airport too, would be fitting of my history of luck though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorry - Usual UK press rubbish.... check here ..

www.icenews.is...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is the website to watch for Iceland activity, these guys are right on everything

en.vedur.is...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by highseer
Sorry - Usual UK press rubbish.... check here ..

www.icenews.is...

Strange that RSOE would report something that seems to be not at all true. Looks like more fear-mongering.

Found this smallprint on the RSOE website:

RSOE shall not be liable for any customer claims based on the content and services distributed by RSOE. RSOE states that the EDIS content means information collected from the related and approved sources and therefore RSOE shall not be responsible for the content of these information.

In other words they just lift their updates from "other" sources. Thats just bad science.

Peace.
ALS

edit on 10-2-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is an earlier thread about the Iceland volcanic activity here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join