It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Like an early Tolkein.. nothing more.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Does anyone here know or have any sites that possibly have evidence of any books surviving from this library other than this mysterious book we are discussing. ?

Unfortunately, everything that I have researched in these matters points to the answer of no. After the fire destroyed much of the library, surviving scrolls and books were stolen - The library was also sacked at a later time... (I can't remember specifics) so any surviving books are unknown, and chances of their survival are very slim to none.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

This was one of the scariest dreams I've read about recently.

2nd

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Yes but some of the evidence from the Library was stolen sacked etc. Someone said this is probably a copy of one of the stolen things from the library its clear in the drawing that whoever made this new many things about astronomy and the solarsystem even our galaxy!.

This is actually disturbing its so creepy. Im sure in the vatican or in Europe somewhere locked up in secret chambers of museums or secret places where they store all their documents there are probably alot of these texts from the library saved that were rescued because. I can guarantee u the caretakes of the library would have quickly taken as many important documents they could have before the structure burned to the ground because they knew of the grave importance in saving these sacred books/documents/texts etc

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

If you don't have anything thoughtful or of value to the thread you probably shouldn't be posting things especially negative comments trashing the thread

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

mmm, I find this book a bit familiar, the script characters reminded me that when I was a kid I used to draw my own alphabet and the chars looked a lot like the ones in the book, it is kind of strange and that makes me feel weird

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Someone said this is probably a copy of one of the stolen things from the library its clear in the drawing that whoever made this new many things about astronomy and the solarsystem even our galaxy!

Yes, that was me... but I didn't say probably - I said it 'could have been.'

There is a lot we do not know. I don't believe this is a hoax, nor do I believe these are the ramblings of an insane person. It seems to be a language unknown to anything we know. Alien? I don't think so... recreated pre-historic document? perhaps.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

Don't feel weird. I did the same thing. Worked on it all Summer and turned it in to my 6th grade English teacher during class. Thus branding myself as a giant geek forever. And ever.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

This is my gut feeling as well. The plants seem especially prototypical. Sometimes when I look closely at the plants they seem as though they represent something of higher sentience then the plants we know. It is as though the results of the alchemical process were achieved differently under a different paradigm. Or something like that.
I did not expect to feel this way when I came to this thread. I had always considered the manuscript a hoax and just ignored it. Until I was able to look at it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

No you can still find our secret history hidden in parables and legends. One legend in particular is that of the Holy Grail, it is made by 3 different person to fool the Catholics and for it to be inconceivable to those who wants those kinds of documents abolished.

Also if you look into archaeology today you would see that those advanced civilizations has left some marks around for those with "eyes to see and ears to hear".

I also wish to walk with people of the same kind as me in the coming times.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great thread...thankyou Op. Star and flag!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yippy. It's back up.

Continue on.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Yippy. It's back up.

Continue on.

Yeah... but now the thread in "board questions" asking where it went and why, has disappeared! Something VERY, VERY myterious with the voynich manuscript. Makes things disappear and re-appear magically.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That was weird

Anyone going to go through the thread to see if anything was altered? I'm at work or I would.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

I will not divulge.......muwahahaha

Errors were made.

Everything seems fine now.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thank you. I've somehow not heard of this before. I have only looked through some of the many photos taken of the manuscript but I do have a question.

The drawings I came across were all women, plants, animals and some human heads. Are there drawings of men as well in this manuscript? I may have missed them.... or maybe women ruled during a time period we are unaware of? Far fetched maybe, maybe not, but who knows.

Maybe things soured when men took over. heehehe JK JK
edit on 12-2-2011 by Bachrk because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh, so the thread WAS down.

LOL - a few other people and I were kinda freaking out. hah.
Back to business!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

The majority of the people seem to be women, but I have detected a male as well (lack of breasts but no sexual organs exposed).
This can be seen on page numbered "77" of the manuscript, or rather page 139 of the PDF. The figure is on the right hand side.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Disagree that Da Vinci was the author/ illustrator of the manuscript, but a big - I mean MASSIVE -
for the catch on CMEs (coronal mass ejections). That is almost certainly what is being depicted. But HOW??? This, to my mind, is one of the clues as to why this manuscript was so highly prized, so heavily protected, and why it was dissected in detail by the NSA> It demonstrates littl ebits of knowledge that a 15th century scribe simply shouldn't have had access to.

Below is the image you linked, which appears to show four stylised CME's, being projected around the border on the left-hand page:

And here's a modern photo, colour/contrast adjusted to show the texture of a CME...

Striking similarities? You betcha...

I am in no doubt that extraterrestrial / inter-dimensional entities shared info with the scribe, or the scribe's source.
edit on 12-2-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: removed off-topic content...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join