It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

I took a look at those books you posted, especially The Armageddon Conspiracy, and if they aren't occultish I don't know what is. It seems the whole purpose of them is to slander everything truthful about the Bible. In the Armageddon Conspiracy, it said that Jehovah God was really Satan the Devil. Actually, if this wasn't written by a real apostate, I wonder who wrote it, hardly anyone besides Jehovah's people use God's name anymore, and the name of Jehovah is used throughout the work, as well as on the main website. The works were a clear attempt at slandering Jehovah's good name, much to Satan's agenda. Trying to state that Stalin was a reincarnation of Jesus, and that Hitler was onto something. These people are really sick. Reading their propaganda for a few minutes was enough to almost make me vomit. I had to delete the PDFs off my HDD, and pray for forgiveness for ever looking at such filth, lies and slander.

And that Illuminati website, was clearly occultic as well. Designed to teach that God is wrong and bad, and that man can find truth on his own. To each his own, if people really want to believe such garbage spewed from their master and god, Satan. The are only being mislead, as are everyone else.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
Does anyone ever think that people back then wrote fictional .books too? I mean not saying I dont believe but anytime we come across something we assume it to be factual. That's like reading The Lord of the Rings 1000 years from now with just pages and no covers.

Love this post. It's like when I hear about archeologists uncovering a mass grave of a hundred + people beheaded and they're like "It must've been a culture that participated in human sacrifices!!!!!!!!!" Well, ok . . . but, uh, what if it was just some prehistoric serial killer? So much of all of our digging through the past is just guess work and theories.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Never even heard of this before. quite cool. wonder if it will ever be deciphered.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is such a strange book! A lot of the illustrations have mostly to do with what seems to be plants, humans, and the stars...What's weirder is the fact that the text has never been seen before. Maybe some undercover cult in the 15th century that made up their own language and this is a detailed history of their cult. Who knows!?

But just throwing it out there, if it is indeed alien then this picture kinda resembles "human farming"...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Doesn't that last picture on the OP look like a picture of mass consciousness effect or waves?

Everyones thoughts combined into a wave or focused pattern.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lot's to absorb here.

Yeahright

Stumch

I am enjoying what you guy's (or gals) brought.

I have started the NSA document that Yeahright linked us to. Very interesting. So far, in the first few pages of this document he states he believes this was not a hoax.

I tend to agree. There is something to this book. I don't think it has anything to the "age" we are in right now.

I think we might be looking at some knowledge that might have been passed down through aeon's.

From the NSA document: Chapter 1 Known Facts

A letter was found between the pages of the manuscript authored by:

Johannes Marcus Marci (Moon-Marci Crater)

to accompany his gift of the Manuscript to :

Athanasius Kircher

It was possibly owned by Rudolph II

this is hypothesized by an accidental finding of the signature of Jacobus Sinapius

And lastly, where it was found by Voynich..

Villa Mondragone

Popes, Roman Emperors.....

I don't think these people had this book for entertainment. There is something here.

All that on page 1
edit on 11-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
www.edithsherwood.com... seems to have translated it. Nice find!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
I don't think these people had this book for entertainment. There is something here.

As a house pain in the arse...no, call me a sceptic...no, maybe I was right first time...
I think this is a pretty cool mystery and I would love to see it resolved. There have always been secrets and hidden knowledge...the common assumption is that it is of greater value than what we know today. That ain't necessarily so, but I love a good mystery! S&F to the OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
is there somewere i can look at the pictures/illustrations close up? these are very interesting from both historical, scientific and artistic perspective

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowind

All 209 surviving pages can be viewed here:

WIKI Commons

Click on pics and you can zoom.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I couldn't help but think that Tesla had similar drawings to this manuscript when I compared this photo:

to this one:

edit on 11-2-2011 by MikeyC because: spelling

edit on 11-2-2011 by MikeyC because: embedded pics

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's available in large images here also: Yale Library

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

err... umm... yeah

There too.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Very cool and very interesting.

The pictures you regarded as 'strange' seem to resemble some sort of pool [obviously?]. The thing that comes to mind when I saw that was a gene pool -- if you look at the pictures it sort of gives the idea that multiple genes from a male/female can create another being male or female.

Then again it could be some random drawings and I could just be looking at it all wrong. Without knowing about what the writing means I, nor anyone, can make a conclusion about all of this.

I wouldn't mind knowing what words/phrases can be drafted from this script (the parts that are Latin related and such); it may help us or anyone for that matter, understand what the pictures have to do with all of the script.

And my apologies if this has already been posted as a possible explanation, I haven't got the time to read through the whole thread right now but I will do so and make another reply when I get a chance.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Very interesting, indeed.

Like Wetpaint said - the very first thing I thought when I saw the weird pictures were:

Fallopian tubes and sperm... lots of that type of imagery.

Although I have no idea, it could be interpreted that the human females are somehow needed for reproduction for the race that created this text...

Just an idea that seems to fit the whole 'reproduction' agenda that is widely talked about in the 'alien' category lately.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77
Why is page 12 cutted out of the manuscript?
You can see it here @ page13
Does somebody know?

They took samples out of the book before, I don't know which pages they took exactly but they took some out for studies.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
thanks timewalker and Boreas!!

2nd line

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

This shouldnt surprise anyone who is intelligent enough to not revel in the bliss of ignorance.
We are not special. We are not unique. We are just another form of clumped together energy in a universe among universes. We are an out of control slave colony no different than the roaches in the NYC subway system.
We call ourselves civilized but truth be told elephants and monkeys are more civilized that humans.
Just because we can become more of a parasite to this planet does not mean we are civilized.

Von Braun and the hoaxed alien invasion is coming...get ready.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick

They took samples out of the book before, I don't know which pages they took exactly but they took some out for studies.

Now I've taken a closer look.
These pages are missing:

page 12

page 59-64

page 74 (looks like 2 pages are cutted out)

page 91+92

page 97+98

page 109+110

------------------------------------
all those pages have 2 sides, so 28 pages (~12%) are missing...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
John Titor

Kidding, I am gonna say witchcraft/occult as those practitioners often had advanced knowledge of natural medicine and concoctions.
edit on 11-2-2011 by old_god because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join