It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Quits His Job to Save and Feed People.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sometimes we all need a bit of inspiration in our lives, this person not only inspires, but may humble many that watch this video.

If only everyone was like this, imagine what our planet would be like.

I am humbled to say the least.

www.akshayatrust.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks pal for posting this . Its very heart warming . To see humanity still has some humanity left in her. Nice to have some positive headlines every once and a while.

I love hearing stories like these . I love the way some people put empthy before profit .

Great find thanks for sharing. I wish we had more people in this world like this man !

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is funny for a lot of reasons.

1) He just changed jobs. From whatever he did before to the head of a charity. People start non-profits everyday. Nice thing to do but this guy isnt special from the bunch.

2) Is CNN going to give this free publicity to every charity out there? Or just the ones that will draw the "human interest" voyeurs?

3) Could be that all the publicity CNN is giving this guy and all the money that will no doubt come pouring in because of it is money that would have gone to other charities. Is CNN committing some sort of passive social engineering this way? Perhaps without malice and completely unaware but having some affect nonetheless.

I remember when Haiti was the trendy cause donations to other charities around the world crashed. I suppose one could argue Haiti needed a lot in a short period of time and this huge shift was justifiable but to look upon Haiti now you have to wonder what good it did.

Regardless, CNN is a for profit enterprise and wouldnt have featured this guys charity unless it benefited CNN in some way and there will be a measurable consequence for this guys charity and all the other charities that were not featured.

Maybe all of this is too inconsequential to measure or even bother considering but still it's enough, for me at least, to prevent the knee-jerk reaction of praise and song. Sure, a good guy as far as I can tell and a good thing he's doing but good guys do good things all day long every day.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This person started in 2002, he asked for nothing from anyone. And yes CNN exploited the story for profit, but in the mean time we actually get to see a selfless person in our world.

It does take money to feed people that have nothing, so if money goes somewhere let it be to someone that has as much compassion as this man.

Sometimes we get so skeptical we lose focus on what really matters in life.

Peace out,

RT

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That was beautiful, and thank you for posting it, I am sharing it right now, and wanted to make sure to thank you for bringing this to my attention. If every person took 5 min out of there lives per week to do what this man is doing, our entire world can change.

Peace, NRE.
S&F

top topics

join