It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device destroys cancer in fifteen minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This technology will be squashed and hidden away. TPTB don't want a cure or treatment for cancer. Cancer is a population controller. What a shame too!

Peace and grace

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
bet this device and the services it provides will go to the highest bidder. the tptb are almost always trying to crackdown on new things against big pharma.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This technology already exists in the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gamma Knives are used for much more than the brain now. That technology is just trying to get press because it really offers little improvement. As such, it will find a hard time getting people to replace their machines.

If you want something to REALLY complain about, read up about IORT. It delivers electrons directly after tumor excision, and now has long-term efficacy studies showing it is just as effective as a 30 treatment, 6 week external beam radiation. External beam radiation causes radiation burns in addition to the possibility of radiation toxicity. It also costs 5x more than IORT should cost.

Guess how much blue cross pays for the one treatment of IORT in New York State? $395.75

For a comparison, INDIA pays $4,000 dollars for this treatment. INDIA!!!!!!!

Guess how much blue cross pays for 6 weeks and 30 treatments of a less safe treatment? $50,000

The reason for this? The radiation oncologists do no want to lose this huge cash flow, so they are preventing HMOs from paying for IORT so the machines are impossible to buy profitably (they cost around $1 million).

That is something to be really pissed about. Doctors are screwing their patients for money.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Excellent thread. Starred and flagged. To be able to treat tumors in areas untreatable, the brain, liver cancer, internal organ cancer, this is really a breakthrough.

Once again, this technology already exists and is widespread in the US and UK. Novatalis is just trying to get publicity for their marginally better machine. You people are really uneducated when it comes to cancer treatments... Cyberknife is YEARS old.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This type of treatment does exist in the United States. Not sure if its the same or better but it's called Proton Therapy. Watching the video it looks amost the same. When he states it takes 15 minutes I believe that is a little misleading as a treatment may take 15 minutes but not necessarily cure or destroy the tumor. It would likely take multiple 15 min treatments but either way its a step in the right direction. I think there are 9 in the US right now with 1 being built within Mayo Clinic in MN to be completed by 2014. My friends daughter (who is 7) just spent 6 months in Boston getting this treatment on an unoperable brain tumor. So far the news has been great as they have stopped the growth and even shrunk the tumor!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by glaucon
Once again, this technology already exists and is widespread in the US and UK. Novatalis is just trying to get publicity for their marginally better machine. You people are really uneducated when it comes to cancer treatments... Cyberknife is YEARS old.

In all fairness though not many people are going to be educated on these kind of things unless it truly hits home. In fact I work for the damn hospital & until this happened to my friends daughter I had no idea. Now I'm just an IT guy but I truly had never heard of it before.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

This technology isn't new, but it is awesome. I had a benign cranial nerve tumor treated by this (Cyberknife) about 6 years ago. Gamma Knife has been around for a very long time, but as technology gets better so do these machines. Glad to see they've finally come to the UK. Now you guys don't have to travel for treatment...
edit on 11-2-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
This type of treatment does exist in the United States. Not sure if its the same or better but it's called Proton Therapy.

We have many different versions of this therapy here in the U.S. We have Gamma Knife, Cyberknife, Novalis, etc. Proton therapy is just another form of ionizing radiation, Gamma Knife uses gamma rays, and Cyberknife and Novalis use x-rays I believe. I like Cyberknife the best, through personal experience and the fact that it is the most accurate (although all of them are VERY accurate). But it really just matters what machine you're closest too, and your doctor works with...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamWatching
This technology will be squashed and hidden away. TPTB don't want a cure or treatment for cancer. Cancer is a population controller. What a shame too!

Peace and grace

As has been said before, this technology is all over the place. It is a great treatment for tumors, but it is not a cure for cancer. It is considered curative for benign tumors since they do not spread and stay in one place, and it also does a great job at destroying metastatic tumors, but it is only a complimentary therapy for some of the more invasive and tricky cancers. Something to really keep an eye on is nano-particles that can be created to target only specific cancer cells anywhere in the body, without damaging any other cells. If TPTB are going to hold back any tech, it's that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Cure the symptom, but not the disease. Typical western medicine approach.
We are the best in the world at injury (trauma) medicine, but we still don't know jack about illness...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think a better way to kill cancer is to cut off the blood supply.
- nanotechnology -

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Nano tech can also be used to delivery chemo agents directly and exclusively to cancer cells anywhere in the body, just inject them and they are on a seek and destroy mission. The question is whether the pharma companies will let that tech see the light of day...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Cure the symptom, but not the disease. Typical western medicine approach.
We are the best in the world at injury (trauma) medicine, but we still don't know jack about illness...

Eastern medicine doesn't have any better approach to curing cancer once somebody has it. The only advantage they have is dietary. People's diets in the west, with processed garbage, dairy, wheat, etc. creates an inflammatory, acidic environment in the body and lowered immunity that allows cancer cells to get a foot hold. The eastern diet is not as modernized and doesn't contain as many inflammatory things, and more suited to our genetic needs.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

They can use the same nanotechnology to clean out the plaque in your arteries.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This sounds so great can wait to comment before checking the source, it just occure to me what about postrate cancer? as in within the balls.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by YodleAjax

Funny enough was reading this morning code cracking cancer

www.eutimes.net... &utm_campaign=Feed:+TheEuropeanUnionTimes+(The+European+Union+Times)&utm_content=Google+UK

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
will rightfully and cynically toss this on top of the other cures for cancer that will never see the light of day.

I used to read such things with great hope, now, I simply get angry knowing it won't come out for the people.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YodleAjax

This sounds so great can wait to comment before checking the source, it just occure to me what about postrate cancer? as in within the balls.

Cyberknife can be used anywhere in the body. It has been used on lung cancer, and prostate cancer as well. the reason is that it uses two x-rays on the ceiling that uses a CT scan to map the area being treated, and takes constant real time images, so the robotic delivery device compensates for breathing and small movements and still only treats the tumor accurately.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamWatching

Peace and grace

Incorrect. your thinking is just wrong.

"TPTB" is simply corporations. You are right, they don't want to cure cancer forever for all time...they want to treat it as a chronic illness for years on end, keeping them paying and paying for the rest of their life to simply live.

Population control is nonsense. look at the stats of the world. People have been complaining about population for 100 years now, and conspiracy theorists have said TPTB are going to kill off most...meanwhile the population explodes and reexplodes to absurd numbers.

Step in reality..."they" have no intention of stopping the cash cow called overpopulation..the more slaves, the better.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join