It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian sues claiming abuse at U.S. border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

i think the term traitor is extremely applicable...the US constitution acknowledged the inalienable rights of all mankind, so anybody who infringes upon those rights is going against all mankind and against the constitution...since going against the constitution is going against the country, they are traitors...and they deserve to be summarily executed as such...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

And what inalienable rights are you speaking of?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
so anybody who infringes upon those rights is going against all mankind and against the constitution

exactly what "rights" are you on about?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is a legally significant list of recognized inalienable / natural human rights, but not necessarily an exhaustive list.

en.wikipedia.org...

This should help you list which one's are being violated, and then you can describe how.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The sad irony is the US leaves the Mexican border nearly completely unprotected while we apparently over-exert force on the Canadian border.

Are you sure about this?

The report said the northern border, a quarter of which adjoins federal or tribal lands, poses a higher risk to public safety now than the U.S.-Mexico border. Lieberman said the northern border is nearly twice as long and is lined with large population centers that make it harder to detect criminal activity. In addition, he said, Canada now has more Islamist extremist groups than Mexico does.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

According to the report, the Border Patrol was aware of all illegal border crossings on only 25 percent of the border, or 1,007 out of 4,000 miles. The Border Patrol was aware of all illegal crossings and was able to make an immediate arrest on less than 1 percent or 32 miles of the 4,000 mile border. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) views the likelihood of terrorist crossing to be higher than they are at the southern border given the large expanse of area with limited law enforcement coverage and the presence of Islamist extremists in Canada.

hsgac.senate.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Perhaps these type of ”actions” gives you a picture of reality on what Palestinians deals with in day to day life in +60 years in their own country.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes - it is a gigantic shared border between two countries. One of which is sparsely populated, and shares families, and history with the other.

These aren't security threats - this is a statement of facts which have nothing to indicate this has or is happening in this manner in any significant numbers.

And certainly not in a way which requires ridiculous strip searches for raspberries, and certainly not with the amount of money, effort and wasted time and economic opportunity squandered. Please, tell me how strip searches for berries is protecting you from a terrorist sneaking though a farmer's field. Please.

"it's a big border with a big snowy place with some brown immigrants. feel the terror."

Canada has its own stable, non-corrupt (comparatively) internal security, and seems to have done a better job of tracking those threats than the US has so far.

Amazing how those facts got left out.
edit on 2011/2/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Both borders seem to welcome visitors more than homecoming citizens. When I cross into canada i show my us passport, I am a vacationing american, coming to spend my money in canada. When I cross into the us i show my canadian passport, I am a canadian looking to spend my money into the us economy. It is assbackwards, but it has worked so far. I have tried vice versa and gotten crap from both borders.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, I am sure many facts are left out. Just as many facts are left out about the Southern border. But they both share a common theme-fear.

Government wants us to fear the boogeyman knowing darn well they can't protect us 100% from terrorism. While we are filled with fear about these terrorist, our government will give their buddies like Boeing money galore to secure these borders. Last I heard, the wall on the Southern Border says Made in China.

The only thing all this fear is creating is a tighter rein on what Americans are allowed to do. This might have happened to a Canadian this time, but I'm sure it won't be long before it happens to Americans as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

new to American history? uhhh...life, LIBERTY, pursuit of happiness? sound familiar? where exactly are you people from? yeah its from the declaration, lets not split hairs though...see also: Bill of Rights
edit on 2/11/11 by HenryPatrick because: see also:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Truly bloody amazing.. Groped and harassed over raspberries.. The more that hear of how people are abused by both u.s customs and tsa when travelling to amerika makes me sad for those abused and pure cold rage at those who abuse them in the name of "security" .. Will never return stateside as would seriously injure anyone attempting to treat me in such a manner.. Damn glad that here in asia customs officers are polite, friendly and professional.. Even in china when visit they smile , chop my passport and wish me a good visit - and am using my japanese passport as gave up u.s one years ago. Der Fuhrer and Comrade Stalin would be dancing with joy if they saw what america has become and how people are harassed / molested / abused when travelling in amerika.. Even though no amount of money can compenstate what she went through hope that she wins her lawsuit..
edit on 11-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Please explain how any of the inalienable rights you just detailed is oppressed.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

it may not technically apply to Canadians, but if all men are created equal, we should not dehumanize somebody just because they make the mistake of trying to enter the fascist US state
edit on 2/12/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The Bill of Rights does not apply to non US Citizens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join