It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You don't really know how many people here are women, do you?

There's just a start for you. Key word in your thread title: seem.

We've been here before www.abovetopsecret.com... (and probably in other threads too).

edit on 2/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

ah, thanx for that, strange it didn't come up during my search. not even sure what i searched now in the first place.

anyhow, is there a female alex jones out there somewhere?

Ann Coulter? Different category but similar tone perhaps.
Although there are those conspiracies that "she" is a he...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There are many women into conspiracies, and more than you know are here on ATS. I hate to think that women would be (ahem) "excepted" to be more mellow. I am a fighter, and not afraid to speak my mind. I have hung in there with the best of them, and I have seen my fellow female posters out there doing the same.

I have been sent U2U's before by men that "advise" me not to have female warrior in my title as men would come after me... well I say bring it on! I shutter at no one, I am a mother, a lover, a friend, and what I am equally as good at is being a thinker, researcher, and full member of ATS!!

I hope that the ladies come out for this one. To all the warriors men and women, keep up the good fight, we are the fighters in the shadows!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ann coulter, man i just tasted a bit of bile in my mouth reading that one!

anyhow, here's the woman i was thinking of who's show i used to listen to.
joyce riley is her name, i don't always agree with her christian twist on things but have always been convinced she does nothing but try and help people.
i'll tune her back in when i'm back on the road.

power hour

her website

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

awesome, and yes, mellow wasn't a good choice of words.
i just tend to believe that women in general are not as likely to get in someones face and be as rude as men when trying to make a point.
and yes, i do believe that most men tend to tone it down a bit in the presence of females.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My own personal theory is that I think many (not all) women, because they are genetically designed to be caring and nurturing, have a hard time seeing or believing that there are some truly evil things in this world, and it's easier to not think about FEMA camps or the NWO or MK-ULTRA,etc because it makes them feel "safer"....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

LOL at that U2U, men will come after you! What does that even mean anyway?

I agree, there are plenty of women here, some of us just dont advertise the fact!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Most people are stup1d beyond any words. That implies alot of males too.

Look at the number of murderers inside the police in london killing for there friends.

Police can charge people with conspiracy. How come the police in london are not charged with conspiracy to commit murder in my life, with a 19 year vendetta.

Amazing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

LOL at that U2U, men will come after you! What does that even mean anyway?

I agree, there are plenty of women here, some of us just dont advertise the fact!

aw, come on now, have you seen your avatar?
who in their right mind would assume you to be male?
seems like most women so far in this thread make it relatively obvious.

the only one i'm wondering about, to be honest, is lucidity.
male or female?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This wasn't always my avatar. The reason I changed it was because guys kept saying, "good thread man", or calling me guy or dude, so I changed it. I changed it because I wanted to see if it would change things.

Just in case you were wondering, not really. Or at least I haven't noticed.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well the gender of most ATS members is unknown, so who knows how many woman are lurking here.

You just have to guess whether a user is male or female. So come on, guess. Am I a man or woman?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Think there is any correlation to mens' tendency to be more "center" in religion? Judaism can have some interesting ideas concerning women. Why do men lead in religion, do they seek more? Even in philosophy men are much more prevalent.
edit on 10-2-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There's lots of women here, most likely with neutral Screen Names and Avatars, so you wouldn't necessarily know unless they stated it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, if as many women was into conspiracies as men, then we wouldnt have no conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've always assumed that the membership of ATS is pretty evenly made up of men and women.

It doesn't really occur to me what gender a poster is unless they mention it in one of their posts, or if their username and/or avatar suggests that they are male or female.

That means that most ATSers come across as androgynous to me unless otherwise stated !

edit on 10-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is just a quick observation not based on facts, but it seems to me that you'll find most women posting in the psychic or supernatural forums. It's things of that nature which may have attracted some women to come here to ATS. Every gender has their conspiracies. Men will gather in the military/nwo section, and women will probably gather in the spiritual/supernatural section of ATS. While they're here (both men and women) they will discover other subjects, and will soon flock to other parts of ATS.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Do not pretend females are anymore intuitive than males.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Because women are too busy making dinner, cleaning house, raising children, washing clothes and dishes. When men sit at PC watching conspiracy movies and discussing conspiracies at ATS.

You are forgetting one precious thing there my friend.....Women can multi task, so I'm quite sure that while doing all the above they will also be searching for a good conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Do not pretend females are anymore intuitive than males.

I'm not pretending anything. All I'm saying is that in my opinion it seems to me that more women post in the spiritual/supernatural forums than in any of the other forums on ATS. I didn't say anything about the intuitiveness of men or women. A person doesn't have to be intuitive to be curious or interested in the subject.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
My own personal theory is that I think many (not all) women, because they are genetically designed to be caring and nurturing, have a hard time seeing or believing that there are some truly evil things in this world, and it's easier to not think about FEMA camps or the NWO or MK-ULTRA,etc because it makes them feel "safer"....

Far from it. I am always seeing and believing in evil things that go on in the world. I have two young children who will have to live there life in the future that tptb are making for them

I can tell you now that since having my wonderful children i find nothing safe in this world, and to ignore things that MAY be happening is just silly in my eyes. But thats just IMO.

Thats why i came looking for a site like ATS, you do have the odd sill thread. But there is an abundance of information and good theory going on here

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Because women are too busy making dinner, cleaning house, raising children, washing clothes and dishes. When men sit at PC watching conspiracy movies and discussing conspiracies at ATS.

You are in the wrong house.

In my house, i make dinner (and do the dishes) every night, make sure the wife is up for work by 9, get her coffee ready and her lunch packed for work that night, make sure the laundry is done and folded so everyone has clean clothes for the next day, help the kids with homework, and make sure they are in bed on time. While doing this, i make sure i spend at least 2 hours dedicated to the kids, playing games or talking or whatever. No work, just dad hanging out. Every night.

Since i work a full time 8a-5p, her job is to get the kids up and out the door for school, make sure they have their lunches packed, cook everyone breakfast (but i will still do the dishes in the evening), and then do housework on her days off (bathrooms, floors, etc).

Any man who doesn't carry at least half of the household duties is no man. He may be "male", but he is no man.

edit on 10-2-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join