It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS temperature on same sex marriage

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I see you like to play games too !

If being "Gay" is 50th on your list - why are so worried about the term "gay marriage" instead of "civil union" ?!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou
reply to post by Dendro

If being "Gay" is 50th on your list - why are so worried about the term "gay marriage" instead of "civil union" ?!

I'll give you an answer to that.

Jim Crow Law.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm not ignorant and I'm not brainwashed.
I could imply that you are easily manipulated but it doesn't mean that I would be right.

Are you REALLY comparing "gay" marriage to the terrible treatment of African Americans by the US Government.

"Oh.... the massive injustices the poor gay people have had to endure"
They say most victims are self made you know.

BTW - My gay mate hates the "gays" that carry on like victims, he says they are an embarrassment.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm not ignorant and I'm not brainwashed.

Yes you are. You live in a false world.

I know this -- because I once did too.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Are you REALLY comparing "gay" marriage to the terrible treatment of African Americans by the US Government.

I see no difference between prejudice against backs and prejudice against gays.

I find it extremely insulting - - - that Blacks - - - think its different.

I find it extremely insulting that all those Baptist Blacks - - - choose an ancient text over prejudice and hate.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What about black gays - they must be really feeling down !

What about the prejudice of wealth ?

Wealth can cross all the borders of unjustness as it pleases.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It shouldnt matter where the word comes on anyones list. The correct term is not gay marriage...its simply marriage. You are trying to insert the word there yourself. Gays dont want gay marriage, they simply want marriage.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What about black gays - they must be really feeling down !

What about the prejudice of wealth ?

Wealth can cross all the borders of unjustness as it pleases.

Please start your own thread.

This thread is not about wealth.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

So "gay" doesn't describe anything or anyone ? - why don't we just drop the word all together considering it has no importance or better still, why don't we let the word revert back to it's original meaning.

You can get "married" right now, find a suitable partner from the opposite sex and away you go.

I told you we were different.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And how does the whole "black" thing fit into this thread !!. What does it have to do with gay marriage ?!!.

I am far from alone with my views, I am in the silent majority.

The Gays will have to do better than bully me (homophobe etc) into accepting Gay marriage.

Religiphobia is rive - the days are getting closer.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

And how does the whole "black" thing fit into this thread !!. What does it have to do with gay marriage ?!!.

I am far from alone with my views, I am in the silent majority.

The Gays will have to do better than bully me (homophobe etc) into accepting Gay marriage.

Religiphobia is rive - the days are getting closer.

YOU brought up African-American. Not me.

You are not a silent majority - - - for sure. Your types money through "Focus on Family" is very intrusive to equal rights.

You seriously sound like a "Sound Bite".

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You can get "married" right now, find a suitable partner from the opposite sex and away you go.

If I hear this lame remark again - - I am going to scream because my brain is being insulted.

Again.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No, you bought up the blacks with the Jim Crow laws.

Prove I'm not in the majority.

Don't be fooled by the vocal minority, there is a LONG way to go before general acceptance.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm simply stating the facts. No one is stopping you from getting married.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No you are not.

You are stating programmed rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Currently same sex marriage is legal in the following states: Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. It is also legal in the District of Columbia. It is also recognized in a number of other states.

The following countries have also legalized the entire country: Argentine, Belgium, Canada, iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South 'Africa, Spain, and Sweden.

The above list actively performs marriages, the list that performs civil unions is larger and actively working towards actual marriage.

It seems the minority is slowly, but ever, increasing. You may feel like you are of the majority thought, but that will soon change.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Dendro

Games are fun. Life is serious and so are my rights as a human being.

I just love how you make automatic assumptions too. I'm not worried about "gay marriage" as so much as I'm worried about marriage. I'm fortunate, I live in Canada where this issue has already been laid to rest, and *gasp* look, the world didn't end and straight marriages continued being the same as they were before.

Civil Unions do not provide the same legal securities as a marriage and that's why people fight so ardently for it. It isn't religion, it isn't to "take" something from "straight" people, it's to have the peace of mind in situations that everyone else has. Why are you so against that? Why are you against me filing my taxes a certain way?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think being gay has gone too far, people identifying themselves with their sexuality should say Hey I'm much more than my genitals or whatever I do with them, whoever I'm in love with doesn't define me. It must have started out something like 2 men doing it, then more doing it in between intercourse with women, then someone attributed more to this contact between men, created a lifestyle or identity about it and more men found themselves in their gay identity. As the perception of the masculin and feminin changed over time this confused a lot of folks drawing even more to the allure of same sex relationships. But that's just me, I'm sure there are no frustrated men posting/reading here that will flame me and respect my opinion just as I do theirs.

So in light of that perspective same sex marriage will give some message that it's all legit when I think it's not. Sure everyone is equal regardless of sexual preference, each and everyone should get the same benefits like taxes mentioned and because of that gay marriages are a good thing, even though I'd rather see marriage without the tax benefits altogether, maybe I'm too romantic. And in the end I think it's most important people should do as they want as long as they don't hurt others.
edit on 14/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No, they aren't -- but they are telling people that they can't marry the person that they want to marry.

I'm a straight male, and I would be pissed if the government told me I wasn't allowed to marry the person I wanted to marry.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry -- double post.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join