It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS temperature on same sex marriage

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by georgegott
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I'm happy and gay! who says exactly that if you're gay you're not as happy as a straight person? Personally gays have more fun then the breeders! Its not happiness that is lost in gays its straights being fearful and more jealous because they cant get away with what we can due to sigmas in society.

Is that why the suicide rate, drug abuse rate, violent crime (both perp and vic) rates are higher for gays? Because they are so happy all the time.

Liberals in general are less happy that conservatives. Look it up

REALLY? who said that FOX news?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Who says gay people lack a sense of humor?

Irony maybe.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
reply to post by georgegott

AIDS/HIV is transmitted through unsafe sex and sharing needles as far as im concerned. Ah the good ole screwing a monkey line.

Edit: I wasnt saying that Gays caused it, but they do spread it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

So do straight people! the news tell you its gays but why do most women have it now? I wonder? OF all people in this world that are on this site i would think you were all less closed minded then the rest ofthe world because this site is for people that are not of the norm in thinking and KNOW what you read isnt the truth! YOU ALL NEED TO REEVALUATE YOUR MORALS BECAUSE YOU'RE THINKING LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE FUN AND DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR CONSIRACY TALK! YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE SHEEP WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THIS!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I'm happy and gay! who says exactly that if you're gay you're not as happy as a straight person? Personally gays have more fun then the breeders! Its not happiness that is lost in gays its straights being fearful and more jealous because they cant get away with what we can due to sigmas in society.

Is that why the suicide rate, drug abuse rate, violent crime (both perp and vic) rates are higher for gays? Because they are so happy all the time.

Liberals in general are less happy that conservatives. Look it up

REALLY? who said that FOX news?

oh and btw I"M NOT A LIBERAL so where that came from ??? dont think all gays and lesbians are liberals. gays and lesbians are just like straight people when it comes to politics. just becauase you are gay doesnt mean you are a left wing nut!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans
If same gender "marraige" is recognized than there is absolutely NO rationale for not extending the same legalities to brothers etc. etc. (whether they are gay or not), if they wish to enter into that civil/legal arrangement.

Along with beastiality - pedophilia - group marriage - - - I will never discuss incest as a gay issue.

Because its just sensationalism and not relevant.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Legally a civil partner has no rights. Marriage grants civil rights. Its not about a piece of paper, its about legal rights, taxes, etc. Example: a civil partner may not be covered by health ins of his/her employed spouse. Marriage would guarentee coverage.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by georgegott

You're exactly right. I am sorry for the statements that i have said. I honestly dont know much about it and am a straight man. I live in Iowa which allows Gay Marriage, and am totally ok with these peoples decisions. I didnt mean to come off as a prick. We all have things in our lives that are too stressful for most anyone to understand, and that is why you must make people understand the weight... Again my apologies if i have offended anyone.

Jeenyus

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Misoir
Thus the state performs and recognizes civil unions only and the religious institutions perform and recognize marriage only. Thus if two people are married whether they are man-woman, woman-woman, or man-man, the state is permitted to only recognize them as in a civil union and not a marriage.

What would be the legal difference between a marriage and a civil union?

A marriage would not be legally binding in any way; it would be between the couple, the church, and God.

Marriage is a global term.

Your logic is like telling everyone - - you now have to walk backwards for the rest of your life.

You don't go backwards and tell everyone Oops! We've changed our minds. You are no longer married unless you believe in god and have a special ceremony in a church.

You can't tell gays - - - "Oh so sorry - - we are redefining a legal terminology - - because some people don't like you."

You don't go backwards - - - only forward.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Legally a civil partner has no rights. Marriage grants civil rights. Its not about a piece of paper, its about legal rights, taxes, etc. Example: a civil partner may not be covered by health ins of his/her employed spouse. Marriage would guarantee coverage.

Thank You.

I keep trying to use the terminology "Legal Marriage" and explain it is a Legal Government Contract for protection of personal rights and property - - - also affording certain legal privileges.

Even remote tribes have laws about marriage/divorce/property etc.

As much as some don't think we need laws governing Legal Marriage - - we do.

If you want to just shack up - - no one is stopping you.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Violater1

If you really don't want my opinion, then don't set up or bait, the opposition, with threads like these.
Perhaps a Gay section should be created to keep straight people like me, knowingly out of your discussions. This would prevent people like me from spoiling your contorted ideations.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Normally I'm fond of bigoted scumbaggery, but today I just can't stomach it.

Your Christian fundamentalist bigotry will not be tolerated. Can it!

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have no probelm with homosexuals wanting to live together but to call it a marriage so as to be 'normal' is redciulous. marriage is between a man and a woman and for homosexuals to want to be like everyone else shows me they know they are not. Why don't they call it something else, then at least they would be saying they recognise they can't be like a man and a woman. 96% of hetrosexual marriages are capable of having kids. 100% of homosexual unions are incapable of having kids. Don't fool yourself. Biologically it is 100% impossoble for homosexuals to produce children without outside help or artificial means.

Lets not lose sight here. If you say you are comfortable being homosexual yet want to be called the same thing as hetrosexual couples (married) then it tells me you actaully aren't 'complete' and know it.

Some (for petes sake) call their partner a wife! A wife? How pathetic. Are they that desparate to be normal they have to try to be normal? I just don't get it. Who's the wife, is it who on top, or is it trun about this week...! It's so laughable it's no wonder people cannot treat some homosexuals as normal. If you can accpet who you are, how your different, can live with that difference without feeling apart (think about it!) then you wont need these things but there is an inbuilt need that without the help of modern society you would not be able to fulfil.

If you are a homosexual, and comfortable in it, that fine with me. But seek something else other than marriage becuase to seek 'marriage' shows us that you want to be nromal but demand the right to be different and have all the things tht come from that which you reject. It's no different to a luving as a hermit to avoid society and then complainign you don't have the lucxeries that normal living can provide.

Either be what you are, or be normal but don't hop from fence to fence in your insecurity.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have no probelm with homosexuals wanting to live together but to call it a marriage so as to be 'normal' is redciulous. marriage is between a man and a woman and for homosexuals to want to be like everyone else shows me they know they are not. Why don't they call it something else, then at least they would be saying they recognise they can't be like a man and a woman. 96% of hetrosexual marriages are capable of having kids. 100% of homosexual unions are incapable of having kids. Don't fool yourself. Biologically it is 100% impossoble for homosexuals to produce children without outside help or artificial means.

Lets not lose sight here. If you say you are comfortable being homosexual yet want to be called the same thing as hetrosexual couples (married) then it tells me you actaully aren't 'complete' and know it.

Some (for petes sake) call their partner a wife! A wife? How pathetic. Are they that desparate to be normal they have to try to be normal? I just don't get it. Who's the wife, is it who on top, or is it trun about this week...! It's so laughable it's no wonder people cannot treat some homosexuals as normal. If you can accpet who you are, how your different, can live with that difference without feeling apart (think about it!) then you wont need these things but there is an inbuilt need that without the help of modern society you would not be able to fulfil.

If you are a homosexual, and comfortable in it, that fine with me. But seek something else other than marriage becuase to seek 'marriage' shows us that you want to be nromal but demand the right to be different and have all the things tht come from that which you reject. It's no different to a luving as a hermit to avoid society and then complainign you don't have the lucxeries that normal living can provide.

Either be what you are, or be normal but don't hop from fence to fence in your insecurity.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Adults aught to be able to make a life and marry the person that they choose.........it is NOT the business of GUBMINT to tell anyone WHO they can or can NOT love....

I am 100% behind gay marriage.
No reason in heaven or earth WHY they can't be as completely miserable as the rest of us.
edit on 11-2-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
well i found some more with good links. some interesting reading

jackmorin.com...

www.dakotavoice.com...

www.lifesitenews.com...

www.jameswatkins.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Marriage is a religious institution from its original Western founding. To want to be married is to want to be recognized by a religious institution. Why would an Atheist/Agnostic/Secularist want to be acknowledged by a religious institution? Civil Union would be the 100% exact same as any other marriage except it would not be recognized by a religious institution but rather by the state.

Go to college and take some history classes. Marriage can be traced before "Christianity" even started.

"Why would an Atheist/Agnostic/Secularist want to be acknowledged by a religious institution?"
They don't you must be misinformed and probably you got some bias that clouds your prejudgment.

Civil Union Are in fact not 100% same. They lack some rights.

"To want to be married is to want to be recognized by a religious institution."
Again wrong go take a class buddy you seem to be very ignorant. Getting married was more or so used for the males wouldn't have to worry about having a cheating wife.

Egocentric is stupid.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't know much, but I do think it's not our governments right to tell people who they can marry or make that decision for them based on sexual orientation. If it's between 2 consenting adults, well, rock on. I don't care one bit who other people marry. I don't wander around all day wondering if my actions make jesus happy and no one else should have to. Marriage is a religious institution and should only be that? You gotta be f*cking kidding me. To each his own. I don't care one bit who other people marry, doesn't impact my personally at all. It's called Mind Your Own Business. I love guns, loud music, beer drinking and my wife. No one has EVER told me who to marry or how to live, so what gives ANYONE the idea that only their lifestyle is correct. It might be right for YOU but not me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good site on the History of Marriage. (I'm not in the position to monitor a thread - - but would this be a good topic? The Real History of Marriage.

History of Marriage
How Marriage Has Evolved

By Sheri & Bob Stritof, About.com Guide

Most ancient societies needed a secure environment for the perpetuation of the species,a system of rules to handle the granting of property rights, and the protection of bloodlines. The institution of marriage handled these needs. For instance, ancient Hebrew law required a man to become the husband of a deceased brother's widow.

marriage.about.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I say let them do whatever they like as long as I don't have to see any PDA And that goes for the hetros too, it's disgusting to see someone's PDA I wanna vomit.

Especially two humongouszoids u know slobbering all over each other

Even two nice lookig people, man people keep it behind the doors, get a room!

edit on 11-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Even two nice lookig people, man people keep it behind the doors, get a room!

I agree. I do not like seeing a man and woman playing tonsil hockey in public.

But - I think two gay guys walking down the street holding hands is so cute. (no offense to the lesbians - for some reason I've only seen the guys do this)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I pray gay rights get passed and more MEN turn gay, please....I actually thank gay guys when I meet them and tell them "dont you ever change"... the ratio of WOMAN to men is making more options available...it is great especially in Latin America... I never had a problem getting woman to begin with but the more men turn gay the better...

My black book continues to grow...woohoo male gay pride...!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join