It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act extension to be brought up again on Thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Patriot Act extension to be brought up again on Thursday

voices.washingtonpost.com

The House on Thursday will again take up a bill that would extend until December key provisions of the Patriot Act counterterrorism surveillance law, two days after the measure fell seven votes short of the super-majority required for passage under fast-track rules.

The bill will be brought up again under a "closed rule," meaning that no amendments can be offered. It will need only a simple majority to pass instead of the two-thirds that was required on Tuesday.

That means that the bill wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That means that the bill will likely be approved.

These guys suck!!!!

Anytime the people win a little they bring it back for a second vote just like they did for the bailouts!

Disgusting!!!

The govt. is for the people though right?

Sure...........

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can't say anything about this. Unreal.

the only thing i can think to do that even makes sense is to pick up 2 more boxes of ammo today.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I can't say anything about this. Unreal.

the only thing i can think to do that even makes sense is to pick up 2 more boxes of ammo today.

Get some Rudy's BBQ for me while your at it. I miss Texas

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I had to make sure how Ron Paul voted because well, I just don't trust him. Something about him just doesn't sit right with me. Kinda like one of those used car salesmen that will tell you anything you want to hear and then sell you a lemon.

www.govtrack.us...

But he did vote against it this time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
www.govtrack.us...

But he did vote against it this time.

Everytime, for over 30 years he's been fighting for your freedom!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

1. I don't live in, nor have I ever lived in Texas, so no, technically he has never represented me and has never fought for my freedom.

2. 30 years? Really? Isn't there someone else that has been in power for 30 years? Oh that's right, the president of Egypt.

I personally think there is something very shady about anyone that has spent that long in office. Sorry, but that's a career politician, and I don't care if everyone think's that he is god on Earth, something about that man just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Whenever i see stuff like this happening in america it always reminds me how 'the empire' came to be in the star wars movies, george lucas himself got the story for that how nazi germany came into being.

Oh how history is repeating itself right before our eyes.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just emailed my Congressman and Senators and told them I'm against the extension. I'm not sure if that will matter ultimately, but at least I did something. Now they can add another black mark to my profile.

new topics

top topics

join