It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of "The End"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If anyone would be so kind as to read: I had a dream last night that was disturbing and I woke up with a headache...

I dreamt that I was looking out a window from my house onto a river. The river was a beautiful blue and it was late in the evening. The colors were vibrant everywhere. The river started to move and the water created the shapes of dolphins jumping out of the water. The water continued swirling and moving in unusual shapes. It became figures of a few horses, one horse moved out of the river and came over to the window and looked directly at me. He stared at me for a moment with an ominous stare and then fell back like water in the river. The beautiful scene then turned dreary and all of the vibrant colors faded into gray, brown and orange hues.

I left the room feeling uneasy I walked into the living room and went to look out another window. I saw mysterious lights moving in the sky so I walked outside. As I walked outside, I saw an orange orb dash across the sky and looked over to see a fisherman standing by his car looking up at the sky. I asked him if he saw what I saw and he said "yes, I saw it too." I turned around to go back inside and as I was climbing the steps to go back in I looked up again and saw the earth suspended in the sky and could see various massive explosions taking place around the world and thought, "this is happening right now" I immediately had a strong urge to go back home in NM, for some reason we were in CA near the coastline. I started to say, "We need to go home, we need to go home." As I walked inside, I picked up my youngest child and she fell limp in my hands. I felt that I was losing her somehow. Then her head started to deflate and get smaller. I told my husband something was wrong and that there was something major happening. I told him that I saw the orange orb outside and he told me I was delusional. I told him that I wanted to go home but he insisted that we stay. I started to cry but then looked down and saw that somehow my child had been transformed and she was normal again. I felt as if she left her body (her spirit/mind) and then returned. It was disturbing and made sense at the same time. I wanted to look at the news to see what was going on but my husband wouldn't let me change the channel on the tv.

I felt as if all that I was witnessing was supposed to somehow happen. I was scared yet knew that things were unfolding as they should.

I know that this could all be in my subconscious from all that is happening and what I've been reading lately...but I've had these types of dreams since I was a young. I remember having a vivid dream when I was about 14 (in '84) about nuclear explosions in the west. The world was ending and just as I was feeling very scared I felt this (I don't even know what to call it) membrane ripple (water like) enveloping me and I had a great sense of peace wash over me and I woke up taking a deep breath. I'll never forget it that dream. I've had other similar dreams after that. I've been a "watcher" ever since, looking for signs so to speak. This of course could all stem from what I've been taught and told and seen growing up so who knows.

Just thought I'd share and see what others think...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

That was an interesting dream, thank you for sharing it.

Do you think the explosions were originating from the Earth and/or were they coming from outside the Earth and hitting it?

Also do you think the explosions were man/alien made and/or natural such as from the Sun/Meteors/etc?

Did some of the explosions seem to be temporarily trapped in the atmosphere and/or did they appear to disappear slowly without being trapped and/or spread through the atmosphere?

Were any areas on Earth color coded in any special way (such as Green for safe and Red for unsafe) or did it seem normal?

Did you see any areas on the Earth that appeared to be markers for something such as spots where something could have been placed that caused the explosions and/or made them worse and/or would trap them into the atmosphere?

So you felt like returning to a certain place that you felt was safer, but did you feel that staying inside and/or underground would also be a good idea?

Did you feel like having/storing/carrying necessary supplies with you and trying to pack in a way to stay mobile and ready to move when needed?

Did you feel that someone or something was going to come/rise/return after the disaster?

Sorry for all of the questions, I had a dream I barely could remember not long ago, that may or may not have been similar in some ways; also I am the curious type.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Do you think the explosions were originating from the Earth and/or were they coming from outside the Earth and hitting it?

Also do you think the explosions were man/alien made and/or natural such as from the Sun/Meteors/etc?

Did some of the explosions seem to be temporarily trapped in the atmosphere and/or did they appear to disappear slowly without being trapped and/or spread through the atmosphere?

Were any areas on Earth color coded in any special way (such as Green for safe and Red for unsafe) or did it seem normal?

Did you see any areas on the Earth that appeared to be markers for something such as spots where something could have been placed that caused the explosions and/or made them worse and/or would trap them into the atmosphere?

So you felt like returning to a certain place that you felt was safer, but did you feel that staying inside and/or underground would also be a good idea?

Did you feel like having/storing/carrying necessary supplies with you and trying to pack in a way to stay mobile and ready to move when needed?

Did you feel that someone or something was going to come/rise/return after the disaster?

Sorry for all of the questions, I had a dream I barely could remember not long ago, that may or may not have been similar in some ways; also I am the curious type.

I think that the explosions were coming from the earth, don't know if it was nuclear blasts or volcanic eruptions but they were on earth.

There was something that wasn't from the earth involved however...the lights moving in the sky...starlike yet moving around, like white orbs high in the sky and the orange orb I knew it wasn't of the earth.

multiple explosions were happening at once...it's like I was looking at a globe in the sky a little bigger than the moon, I could see it rotating and various explosions happening around the earth on all continents, huge mushroom clouds and bright lights, seemed to remain within the atmosphere.

The earth looked normal, no special color coding

I know I saw Africa on the map first, with an explosion appearing on the upper part of the continent.

I knew that I wanted to be in NM b/c I felt it would be safer there somehow.I wanted to move out of that place definitely. I didn't think about supplies now that you mention it, only that I remember wanting to go to the store quickly for some cigarettes, lol. (I'm trying to quit)

Something to come/rise/return? Yes, I had that feeling, with my baby...I felt that she left and returned..don't know if that/she symbolizes anything, but yea, I feel that during this chaos something was about to change/rise and create something new in way, does that make sense?

lol, I don't mind all the questions...I hadn't had a dream like this for some time and I'm wondering what it could mean if anything. I'd like to get other people's perspectives. oh...and when I take vitamin B complex it makes me dream more and I had taken a sublingual form right before bed.

One more thing...I try to talk to my husband about these things and he either makes fun of me or he acts like I'm crazy so it's nice to have a place to share where I can be open...

Thanks for your reply, I'd like to hear about your dream too.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You actually did tap into seeing something ... its on the scale of Mtn. St. Helens or 911 ... bellowing clouds is all I could see ... very dense rolling bubbling smoke.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

could you explain a bit more about tapping into something? thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The subconscious mind as the ability to network in unison with others (group dreaming phenomena)... as the Princeton EGG experiment proved after prior to the 911 event. They found a sharp increase that suggested many people had precog dreams of the event before it happen.

edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet

I think that the explosions were coming from the earth, don't know if it was nuclear blasts or volcanic eruptions but they were on earth.

There was something that wasn't from the earth involved however...the lights moving in the sky...starlike yet moving around, like white orbs high in the sky and the orange orb I knew it wasn't of the earth.

multiple explosions were happening at once...it's like I was looking at a globe in the sky a little bigger than the moon, I could see it rotating and various explosions happening around the earth on all continents, huge mushroom clouds and bright lights, seemed to remain within the atmosphere.

The earth looked normal, no special color coding

I know I saw Africa on the map first, with an explosion appearing on the upper part of the continent.

I knew that I wanted to be in NM b/c I felt it would be safer there somehow.I wanted to move out of that place definitely. I didn't think about supplies now that you mention it, only that I remember wanting to go to the store quickly for some cigarettes, lol. (I'm trying to quit)

Something to come/rise/return? Yes, I had that feeling, with my baby...I felt that she left and returned..don't know if that/she symbolizes anything, but yea, I feel that during this chaos something was about to change/rise and create something new in way, does that make sense?

lol, I don't mind all the questions...I hadn't had a dream like this for some time and I'm wondering what it could mean if anything. I'd like to get other people's perspectives. oh...and when I take vitamin B complex it makes me dream more and I had taken a sublingual form right before bed.

One more thing...I try to talk to my husband about these things and he either makes fun of me or he acts like I'm crazy so it's nice to have a place to share where I can be open...

Thanks for your reply, I'd like to hear about your dream too.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Yes, that did make sense to me in a way.

I have heard about Vitamin B Complex aiding in dreaming before, but I have never tried it myself, I need to try it; thank you for reminding me.

Most people that I have tried to talk to about dreams either do not seem interested and/or act like I am crazy too, I so I can somewhat imagine your situation; it is nice to be able to share and listen to dreams.

I use to have a dream blog for over 2 years at Windows Live Spaces but I stopped blogging for months due to several factors such as: others not seeming interesting & lack of other people sharing or reading them, I felt my dreams were revealing too much personal information & I need to go back & censor/edit my over 2 years worth of dreams, and Windows Live Spaces was closed so now my blog was moved to WordPress and is currently private until I can get myself to take the time to censor/edit over 2 years of dreams.

I have not made 20 posts yet here, so I can not create my own post or reply to private messages, but I will type my dream in your post if that is okay with you and not against the rules?

Also, for some reason I did not get an e-mail alert when you and anyone else replied to this thread, I am glad that I had the page open in my browser so I could see that you had responded
; I need to check my settings again.

Anyway, just let me know and I will post my dream here.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

wow, 2 years of dreams? That's quite a bit of work there! I think dreams are very interesting and telling and I have come to realize that there are different types of dreams, some are nonsense and some aren't, our subconscious mind is pretty awesome. For many years I had night terrors, it was horrible, they stopped about 7 years ago but they still haunt me to this day. I have always had vivid dreams and I can remember so many of them... they all seem to connect with one another in some way. For instance I can think of a certain dream and then remember 10 -15 dreams from different times in my life that connect in some way, it's so strange. My family got sick of hearing about my dreams growing up so I just stopped telling about them. I've written down a few but for some reason I have a bad feeling sometimes about writing down my dreams, like it makes them more real in a way, I don't know.

Anyhoo, please do share your dream here! Like the previous poster said that we may all be having similar dreams, that is very interesting to me...so post away _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
The subconscious mind as the ability to network in unison with others (group dreaming phenomena)... as the Princeton EGG experiment proved after prior to the 911 event. They found a sharp increase that suggested many people had precog dreams of the event before it happen.

edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer because: (no reason given)

Very interesting..I've heard of this before, thanks for the explanation. Do you have any links for this phenomena?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm familiar with precognitive dreams. I have them constantly. My husband thinks I'm nuts because of my "Rapture" dream. I can understand being hesitant about sharing these, as I know I am. A few months ago, I had an End-of-the-World dream, that shook me up for a week straight. I couldn't accept it was just a dream. It still leaves me anxious thinking about it.

-The Dream-

I was at the local school park with my husband and all of my children. My husband was swinging on the swings, with the youngest son in his lap. I was standing by the slide watching my other 2 play tag. They weren't the same age they are now in the dream, they were a year or two older. All of a sudden (this part was almost comical) my husband dropped our son, and he front flipped off his lap....but before he could hit the ground, everyone started lifting up into the sky. Everyone had their arms out, and looked like a capital T. I remember grabbing my 2 kids and running into the school (for some reason, we didn't float?). The entire building started lifting up, but nobody inside of it did...just the building. All of a sudden it came crashing back down, but none of the bodies of the people outside came back. All of us "Survivors" started chaining up the doors, and trying to gather supplies needed.....We were all terrified in the dream. I woke up right about there.

-aftermath-
I've never been a religious person, never gone to church unless somebody died (my husband was shocked I knew what a rapture was!). It left me with a feeling of disappointment that we weren't saved in the dream....But if this whole rapture thing is real, maybe God needs some soldiers down here.... or maybe it was just a Glitch in the Matrix.... or maybe just a dream. Dreams can be a whole array of things (including dealing with fears), but some are just so hard to shake. Thanks for sharing your dream with us!! I find it all so fascinating.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah, that is a lot of work, and the dreams I did write only accounted for about 25% of my dreams, so many have been lost throughout the years!

I agree with you about dreams, I have noticed that too, and dreams are truly interesting.

That is a long time of night terrors, ouch, my longest string of night terrors was for a 1 week period; I finally faced the terror and fought back, that stopped it, except for the occasional one here and there.

Some of my dreams are connected, but not much compared to one of my brothers; I find it interesting how I sometimes remember other dreams in a dream, that I do not remember upon waking but in the dream I remember, crazy stuff.

Also sometimes I will remember a particular dream world and where things were last located and what was going on the last time in the dream, this is rare for me though, but I often have times where I magically know stuff in dreams without knowing how I know.

I am currently too lazy/un-inspired/etc to write my dreams down now-a-days, since the Windows Live Space situation, but people like you may help inspire me again and give me a reason to share again.

I will now post my dream here if that is okay by the rules, I had the dream on 1-22-2011 and I called the dream Disaster Map:

Last night I only remembered part of my dream so I will try to put the pieces together the best I can, and so there may be errors & times where I will be making guesses as to what I think happened.

I remember being at my grandfather's house in a bedroom in the hallway, and a woman was showing me a map and explaining a future event that was going to happen and/or was in the process of happening; I think she had brownish colored skin with black hair that was about shoulder length, but I am not sure since I was more focused on the map and trying to make sense of what she was explaining to me and my memory of the dream is no so clear.

I do not remember the beginning of the dream and I do not remember what happened to her or where she went near the end of the dream exactly; but she seemed to be getting straight to the point and explaining information to me that I needed to know so I could make my own decision.

I think the female dream character said that They (as in, some other group of people/alien/being?, she was not part of this group), I am not sure who or what They are/were; I think, They were going to help create or worsen a disaster involving the sun and/or something natural and/or unnatural and/or some kind of technology or something like that but I am not sure, it seemed to be a combination of natural and/or man/alien made technology either creating and/or helping to increase/make/trap/etc some natural/unnatural disaster/disasters or something.

I think something was going to happen with the sun and they were going to use something (maybe some kind of technology) to cause some energy or whatever from the sun to hit and/or temporarily be trapped in certain places on Earth and/or maybe a few other things; my memory is unclear since she was trying to explain so much and so quickly without giving me a chance to ask a lot of questions, since I was too busy trying to listen.

She had a paper map that she took out of her pocket and unfolded I think, that showed the spots where the energy or sun flares or whatever would hit and/or be trapped; along with maybe the locations of the technologies or whatever that They were going to use in reference to this situation and/or other disasters that would also be going on .

There seemed to be two big areas on both sides of the planet lined up with the equator that appeared to be where the sun or energy or whatever would hit and/or be trapped at the most, and also the map may have shown where some of the devices/technologies were set that would either cause and/or make the disaster worse or something like that I think but I could be wrong.

The map was colored coded and showed which places would be safer (not safe but safer, probably) during this time and which ones would be less safe, I am not sure which colors meant safe or which colors meant less safe, but I clearly remember Louisiana was in green, along with some other places on Earth though I am not sure if green meant safer or not but I will assume it meant safer.

She described the situation but I can not remember what all she explained and it is very blurry but I am guessing that she said something about an area on Earth and/or that would be put on Earth that would either be un-melted or would rise or would land or something, and I think They (who ever They are/were), were going to make this their headquarters/kingdom/safe place or something like that; this place was suppose to be an ancient kingdom or country or continent or city or place or object or something that would be un-melted or would rise or land or something, I am guessing on this part but this is what I think.

I think it was going to be either in the North or South Pole or Antarctica or somewhere, but I am not sure.

I just remember the woman either leaving or being gone after explaining these things without giving me a chance to ask questions really, I think she said that I would have to make my own decisions; she was not telling me what to do and was not going to, she was just informing me of part of the situation and the rest was up to me to decide.

I can not remember anything else, I just felt that I had to decide for myself what to do from the information given and also maybe try to figure out more on my own.

I felt unsure of what to do and wanted to get as much information that I could, so I could make my decision; so I felt a little lost since I did not get to ask the questions I wanted to ask and that since she had left, and that time was running out and I would have to decide soon.

Then I woke up during that period in the dream while I was trying to make sense of everything and decide what I should do and where I should go.

edit on 10-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Extra detail

edit on 10-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Error Correction

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomLuva

That also was an interesting dream, thank you for sharing that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I also had two dreams a few weeks before this one that may somewhat be connected in some way, but these two had me both wake up afraid/shocked and effected/affected me for a few days afterward; dreams can do that to you sometimes.

I will post them here as well since they may be relevant to the current discussion:

I remember having the first dream a few weeks before the second dream.

The first dream started normal and involved my brothers and I waiting in line in a video game store, while my dad was at a restaurant picking up some fried chicken; it was daytime.

After leaving the video game store we were walking to the automobile as my dad came walking over with the box of fried chicken and handed it to me so I could put it in the automobile, and as I was trying to open the door with the box of chicken in my hands; I dropped the box of chicken, but none fell out of the box.

As I was picking up the box I heard my brothers and dad say: look at the sky, the outside of it looks like the edges of a pancake and it looks huge or something like that.

I turned my head to look at the sky and in the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be the sun or something swelling and it was huge and the outside edges were like the outside of a pancake where the edges are lighter than the rest of it.

It was like the sun or whatever it was, was getting closer to the Earth or something, and you could hear this loud sound that sounded like the deep rumbling of a plane or jet makes but with a fiery sound to it and it did not sound mechanical.

It was scary, I told my brothers and dad to not look at it and get into the automobile, and then I got into the drivers seat in panic; I did not realize that I was dreaming and I was very scared and starting to panic a little.

The noise made it even worse and I felt like I was going to die, I felt that we only had hours until the sun or whatever it was would hit the Earth.

My dad mentioned: get to the Secure Location, but I did not know where that was; but I felt that it was somewhere underground.

I woke up breathing in for air and scared, I felt scared for part of the day, and when ever I heard a plane or jet I would look up at the sky to make sure the sun or whatever was normal for over a week after the dream.

The second dream took place a few weeks later and in the dream I was walking with my dad back to the house on a cloudy day and it appeared that it would rain soon.

As we were walking up the steps to the house I noticed something large behind the clouds and some of the clouds started to spin like a whirlwind or black hole and I notice something bright and large behind the clouds; I instantly remembered the first dream and felt that the same thing was happening.

I even said out loud in the dream that it was really happening, since I did not know it was a dream, I thought the first dream was now coming true in real life but in a slightly different way of course.

I then told my dad to get inside as I started to get scared and felt that I had no where to run, so all I could think to do was get inside and try to figure out where was the Secure Location that my dad had mentioned in the first dream, which I still did not know the location of; then I woke up breathing in for air and scared, and made that I still did not learn the location of the Secure Location.

edit on 10-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Correction

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomLuva
I'm familiar with precognitive dreams. I have them constantly. My husband thinks I'm nuts because of my "Rapture" dream. I can understand being hesitant about sharing these, as I know I am. A few months ago, I had an End-of-the-World dream, that shook me up for a week straight. I couldn't accept it was just a dream. It still leaves me anxious thinking about it.

I think those dreams, that rattle us, are the ones we should pay attention to. Just like the dream I had when I was a teenager...that rattled me! I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few weeks.-aftermath- I've never been a religious person, never gone to church unless somebody died (my husband was shocked I knew what a rapture was!). It left me with a feeling of disappointment that we weren't saved in the dream....But if this whole rapture thing is real, maybe God needs some soldiers down here.... or maybe it was just a Glitch in the Matrix.... or maybe just a dream. Dreams can be a whole array of things (including dealing with fears), but some are just so hard to shake. Thanks for sharing your dream with us!! I find it all so fascinating.

-The Dream-

I was at the local school park with my husband and all of my children. My husband was swinging on the swings, with the youngest son in his lap. I was standing by the slide watching my other 2 play tag. They weren't the same age they are now in the dream, they were a year or two older. All of a sudden (this part was almost comical) my husband dropped our son, and he front flipped off his lap....but before he could hit the ground, everyone started lifting up into the sky. Everyone had their arms out, and looked like a capital T. I remember grabbing my 2 kids and running into the school (for some reason, we didn't float?). The entire building started lifting up, but nobody inside of it did...just the building. All of a sudden it came crashing back down, but none of the bodies of the people outside came back. All of us "Survivors" started chaining up the doors, and trying to gather supplies needed.....We were all terrified in the dream. I woke up right about there.

The fact the this happened suddenly is interesting...did you feel something eminent before it happened? I have had similar dreams where I felt that I was anxious about getting left behind as things started to unfold. I would think about how I was going to survive and about how maybe I was going to be here for some sort of reason. Anyway, I also wonder that the rapture part in your dream was maybe their spirits going up (I mean maybe they died) and you survived and you saw their spirits. But then the story of the rapture is that men will be caught up in the clouds...and the arms outstretched of the people in your dream, sounds like cross or Christ symbolism (which makes sense to me). The disturbing thing I think would be the feeling of terror.

-aftermath-
I've never been a religious person, never gone to church unless somebody died (my husband was shocked I knew what a rapture was!). It left me with a feeling of disappointment that we weren't saved in the dream....But if this whole rapture thing is real, maybe God needs some soldiers down here.... or maybe it was just a Glitch in the Matrix.... or maybe just a dream. Dreams can be a whole array of things (including dealing with fears), but some are just so hard to shake. Thanks for sharing your dream with us!! I find it all so fascinating.

I understand your feeling of disappointment, I've had the same feeling. I think most people have a desire in their heart to go back to God (as least I do) and this comes out in their dreams...in your dream you thought God might need some people to stay behind; this something I have often thought about. Very interesting dream! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm not a dream expert by any means but it seems to me that it would be interesting to find out the similarities with dreams like these.

(can't seem to un-bold)
edit on 10-2-2011 by flyingviolet because: formatting problems

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I want to reply to those dreams but I have kids that just got home from school, I'll reply later. I've had a similar dream about swirling clouds (tornado like) in sky with light in and around them so I'd like to ask about that, but like I said I'll be back..._javascript:icon('
')

why doesn't my emotoman look right?? lol

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No problem, I look forward to reading it and answering your questions if I can.

I know the right combinations for only a few smilies/emotions, so I just type them manually instead of clicking on any in the ones supplied by ATS; maybe that will work, who know?

Have a good night,
-John Jr

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet

wow, 2 years of dreams? That's quite a bit of work there! I think dreams are very interesting and telling and I have come to realize that there are different types of dreams, some are nonsense and some aren't, our subconscious mind is pretty awesome. For many years I had night terrors, it was horrible, they stopped about 7 years ago but they still haunt me to this day. I have always had vivid dreams and I can remember so many of them... they all seem to connect with one another in some way. For instance I can think of a certain dream and then remember 10 -15 dreams from different times in my life that connect in some way, it's so strange. My family got sick of hearing about my dreams growing up so I just stopped telling about them. I've written down a few but for some reason I have a bad feeling sometimes about writing down my dreams, like it makes them more real in a way, I don't know.

Anyhoo, please do share your dream here! Like the previous poster said that we may all be having similar dreams, that is very interesting to me...so post away _javascript:icon('
')
I've felt compelled in the past few days to start a thread about some of my dreams.

One of the common traits in my dreams is scenery that changes yet goals that stay the same. For example, I might have a goal to get to the top of a building. But as the dream progresses things change. Shapes change. Colors change. People change. And I'm constantly battling all of these changes to accomplish my goal - get to the top of the building. I may or may not make it, but the goal usually remains until the dream itself moves on to another one.

Another common trait is me defending myself against others. What happens is I don't understand something in the dream. For example, I might be in a classroom and nothing in the book makes any sense to me. It's gibberish. I just can't seem to do what I'm supposed to even though I want! Then the teacher sees that I'm not making any progress and proceeds to rant and discipline me. Everyone seems to join in. I'm tense in a lot of dreams for this reason.

Now in refernece to your comments... You said that you would think about one dream and then remember several others that were related. I usually cannnot remember my dreams that well, but I can sometimes see common things in different dreams and I do often also dream about similar things. But I remember one morning after waking up and thinking about a particular dream, a very strange thing happened. Even though I couldn't remember the whole dream at the time, it seemed that every piece that I did remember would lead to another. And it went on like this for several times. This is rare for me. Usually I either remember the whole dream or I just don't. It was a unique experience how more of the dream just popped into my head as I thought about it.

I've also had lucid dreams or more vivid dreams. I don't know why some dreams are more vivid or remmebered than others. Maybe it's because there's a full moon? Who knows! I wish I knew that.

I think your comments and others here are interesting. Dreams are a big part of our life.
edit on 13-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I also had two dreams a few weeks before this one that may somewhat be connected in some way, but these two had me both wake up afraid/shocked and effected/affected me for a few days afterward; dreams can do that to you sometimes.

I will post them here as well since they may be relevant to the current discussion:

I remember having the first dream a few weeks before the second dream.

The first dream started normal and involved my brothers and I waiting in line in a video game store, while my dad was at a restaurant picking up some fried chicken; it was daytime.

After leaving the video game store we were walking to the automobile as my dad came walking over with the box of fried chicken and handed it to me so I could put it in the automobile, and as I was trying to open the door with the box of chicken in my hands; I dropped the box of chicken, but none fell out of the box.

As I was picking up the box I heard my brothers and dad say: look at the sky, the outside of it looks like the edges of a pancake and it looks huge or something like that.

I turned my head to look at the sky and in the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be the sun or something swelling and it was huge and the outside edges were like the outside of a pancake where the edges are lighter than the rest of it.

It was like the sun or whatever it was, was getting closer to the Earth or something, and you could hear this loud sound that sounded like the deep rumbling of a plane or jet makes but with a fiery sound to it and it did not sound mechanical.

It was scary, I told my brothers and dad to not look at it and get into the automobile, and then I got into the drivers seat in panic; I did not realize that I was dreaming and I was very scared and starting to panic a little.

The noise made it even worse and I felt like I was going to die, I felt that we only had hours until the sun or whatever it was would hit the Earth.

My dad mentioned: get to the Secure Location, but I did not know where that was; but I felt that it was somewhere underground.

I woke up breathing in for air and scared, I felt scared for part of the day, and when ever I heard a plane or jet I would look up at the sky to make sure the sun or whatever was normal for over a week after the dream.

The second dream took place a few weeks later and in the dream I was walking with my dad back to the house on a cloudy day and it appeared that it would rain soon.

As we were walking up the steps to the house I noticed something large behind the clouds and some of the clouds started to spin like a whirlwind or black hole and I notice something bright and large behind the clouds; I instantly remembered the first dream and felt that the same thing was happening.

I even said out loud in the dream that it was really happening, since I did not know it was a dream, I thought the first dream was now coming true in real life but in a slightly different way of course.

I then told my dad to get inside as I started to get scared and felt that I had no where to run, so all I could think to do was get inside and try to figure out where was the Secure Location that my dad had mentioned in the first dream, which I still did not know the location of; then I woke up breathing in for air and scared, and made that I still did not learn the location of the Secure Location.

edit on 10-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Correction
(the bolded text) Lol. Dreams are like that. It has always confused me how our mind changes when we sleep. Why do we think it's real? And does thinking it's real have some kind of permanent influence on our real life self? I mean, ask yourself, if you really thought the world was ending in that dream and you really did panic then maybe that was just preperation for the real thing. Maybe evolution created dreams to prepare us for potential realities?

Could we be learning in our sleep?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Welcome to the club.

Having your goal/goals in a dream stay consistent as a common theme/trait, now that is interesting.

Having to defend yourself from other dream characters as a common theme/trait is something that happens a lot to one of my brothers too.

Having memory of one part of a dream that leads to helping you remember another part and so on, that happens to me often, and that is also interesting.

I already mentioned that sometimes I will remember other dreams in the dream only, but not remember them in the real world; but I will remember that I remembered them in the dream, but oddly not have the memory of that dream or dreams in the real world.

Another dream memory phenomenon I have sometimes is Very Interesting, read this:

"Sometimes I will not remember a dream the whole day until I lay in bed the next night, and then the memory of the dream/dreams or part of them come back to me!

I noticed that parts of my memory of dreams can be tied to the sleeping position that I was at during that moment in the dream!

Or certain sounds, temperatures, position of the pillows, etc can help bring back memories too."

Also sometimes sounds in the Real World are incorporated into my dreams!

I also have Lucid dreams sometimes, sometimes I have Vivid dreams, and sometimes my memory of a dream or dreams is better than others; I think a variety of factors effect/affect that, but I am curious too.

I think my Dream Memory Record is, remembering part of 5 dreams in one night, which has happened a few times.

Lucid dreaming is something I had to try to make happen and eventually I started to have some, but they are almost always short since I usually accidentally wake myself up and it is hard for me to keep the dream stable once I realize that I am dreaming.

Recently I had two stable Lucid Dreams that were quite interesting and I would love to tell them once I get 20 Posts and/or maybe I can even post them here with the Original Poster's (OP) permission.

I may forget, so please remind me.

I also learned a Dream Power (As I call it) in a dream when I was a kid, it was one of my few dreams that actually had aliens (Grays) in it, I learned how to wake myself up out of dreams!

The more I practiced, the easier it got, until I can now wake myself up without really trying (Even from none Lucid dreams); so I accidentally wake myself up during rare dreams where I get too scared.

If you remind me I will tell you about how I learned that Dream Power.

I agree that dreams are an important part of our lives, well at least to me.

I look forward to reading/hearing and sharing more about dreams with you and others.

edit on 13-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

That was funny and yes, dreams can be like that sometimes.

Sometimes my dreams are so realistic, I am not surprised when I do not realize that I am dreaming, but most of the time I wonder why I think it is real; so that is a good question.

Yes, I know I do Learn from dreams sometimes and sometimes my dreams Effect/Affect my Waking/Real Life.

Sometimes my dreams deal with real issues that help me Feel better when I wake up and give me a chance to practice something in the dream World.

Sometimes my dreams reveal helpful information for myself.

Sometimes it is like I am being Trained/Prepared for certain possibilities.

Sometimes my mind organizes Thoughts/Memories of the day.

Sometimes my mind even prepares me to deal with something the next day, etc.

I am very curious about dreams, though I have not really researched them, other than blogging my dreams for almost 3 years until I stopped months ago and having a lifetime interest in them though I never really got to talk about them much to others since most people do not seem to care really in my experiences.

I have this feeling that by Exploring dreams I may be on to something that will not only Help me, but somehow will help me either solve or learn more about some mysteries in this thing we call Life.

Anyway, enough of my Jibber Jabber.

edit on 13-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join