It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai executes rapist who killed boy in mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Dubai executes rapist who killed boy in mosque

www.msnbc.msn.com

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — The father of a boy murdered in a Dubai mosque says the convicted killer has been put to death by a firing squad. It's the first execution in the United Arab Emirates in three years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hopefully this news will offset the amount of demonization towards Islam the other thread about Bangladesh rape and murder has created on here. Remember, there are brainwashed, violent, mentally-unstable radicals in all three major religions. Though, as an aside, I still believe religion is a plague that is preventing people from uniting and living as one, large, friendly community.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Well. DUBAI is a much more modern and cosmopolitan islamic country then Bangladesh which is very poor by standards. But yes atleast the religion bashing will slow down.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I'm afraid you won't get the reprieve from Muslim bashing that you look for. I hope you do, but I doubt it. People will just say: "This was a rape of a boy, so the penalty is much harsher. Had he raped a girl, he would probably have just married her, even if she was 4."

I have a 4 year old son, by the way, and I cannot imagine the horror, and if this happened to him, killing the one guilty party would not be enough, I would have a bloodlust until somebody killed me. I can't imagine living with the knowledge of my child being abused and thrown away that way. I admire all the families that endure this pain and continue to be citizens, parents, and spouses, I am not that strong, and I would become an animal in every sense of the word.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good on them, they got one right.

Raping males is definitely looked down on in Dubai.
By the way, how do they treat openly homosexual men there who are not guilty of rape?

Or doesn't "openly homosexual" exist there?

top topics

join