It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Good. Kick his ass out of there. I just hope the Muslim Brotherhood stays out of the way and someone reasonable steps into power next.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You know what.....I have many family in Israel and don't you think that did'nt cross my mind too? I have watched these kinds of revolutions since the late 1950's and this one in Egypt is VERY different to all others because this revolution is coming from a unified people regardless of religion.

What the Egyptian people have been through for the past 30 years is intolerable and we can not support a regrime like Mubarak's for the sake of lip service and $$$. We must openly condem these kinds of abusive and corrupt leaders. Egypt will not cut ties with it's allies after Mubarak is gone.

If you only knew what Mubarak and his ilk have done to the Egyptians; a majority live off less than $2.00 a day while Mubarak sits on $40B and his family collectively $70B combined. Egypt's unemployment is at 60%.

The USA has no friend in Iran yet your leaders continue to trade with them and on the other hand bag the war drums.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
REU: Egypt's army "will act" if the protesters refuse a plan by Mubarak to hand over to the vice president - al Arabiya

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
REU: Egypt's army "will act" if the protesters refuse a plan by Mubarak to hand over to the vice president - al Arabiya

And THERE it is. That confirms my gut feelings about the whole situation.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh, no ...handling over the power to VP will be "one coin two sides " story in Egypt,afcourse protesters will be furious.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Sulieman is as bad as Mubarek. Carter once said he preferred to talk to Suleiman.

"If I want to know what is going on in the Middle East, I talk to Suleiman. And as far as I know, he has always told me the truth."

EGYPT: Official denies that President Hosni Mubarak will step down
LATimes

Obama was on and said nothing.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: add info

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That figures, very few remarks on Egypt and Obama used the "Change" over there to transistion right to his so-called "Change" policies in the US.

Next......

edit on 2/10/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OBAMA Speech highlights:

WE are witnessing history unfold,
the people of Egypt want change,

comments on Egypt: 'It is a moment of transformation; people of Egypt are calling for change'

young people are at the forefront,

America will do everything it can to help bring an orderly transition to Egypt,

sounds like he knows something.....

More to follow,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sulieman is WORSE than Mubarak; Military denied Mubarak access to the media to hand over power to the VP afew hours ago.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
hmm he is not saying alot, Very short and brief... Maybe he thought the Mubarak speech would have happened by now..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Beware.

When Egypt goes down, look for Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and most importantly, Saudi Arabia to have a push to overthrow TPTB in each of those nations.

Watch Russia! If the nations start to fall, instability will abound. When Russia comes south look out.

Read Ezekiel chapter 38...this is what will happen should Russia (Rosh) move south towards Isreal and Egypt..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting fact that Egyptian state tv aired Obama's speech live. according to people there

Reuters reports that the Egypt Brotherhood have retracted their comments about fears of a military coup.

edit on 10-2-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

sounds like he knows something.....

I'm not overly fond of Obama's idea of what change is anymore...lol

Guess it's all still very fluid as the media says.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Youtube right now promoting al jazeera english yay!

and Suileman is a torturer and a high profile spy. You can guess how one like him can lead a country. Edger Hoover times 100!

Military coup as it seems, not sure if egyptians will accept.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

It's only temporarily and demonstrators have a good relationship with the army.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Egypt from space! twitpic.com...

wow

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

compared to the police they are saints. But in the last 10 days military have been detaining and torturing protesters.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, the masses have overruled the government. Which makes we wonder if the U.S. or any other country would try the same stunt to get what they want. We just witnessed the Egyptian people muscle the government. Governments beware.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

The Lebanese don't have revolutions, they have civil wars and wars with Israel.

Saudi Arabia? It will come

Jordan? Certain divisions of people are already telling their King to keep his wife at home and to adopt a burqua!

Syria? I wish!

Iran? There may be no time for any revolution there.

Greece? Watch closely over the coming year

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Thats why many nations have limited or completely shut down open stream Al Jazeera media

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join