It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Obama was asked by the Egyptian people's opposition leaders to cut off all US funds immediately.

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by xavi1000

My guess is, none of you have ever seen such a mega Revolution of so many demonstrators in your whole lives; and their yelling in Arabic would seem scarey and alarming to Western people but believe me it's nothing.

Isn’t this whole revolution based upon the underlying premise that Mubarak is a puppet of Israel and the US? A dictator installed by them to keep the Egyptian people under control?

Is that not a bad foot to start off on?

How many anti US/Israel signs, how many flags burned, and how many people hung in effigy do I have to see to get the idea that the final result may be a government that is hostile to the west?

I have seen protest/revolutions like this before, and I know the results. They have a hard road to hoe if they want to get out of the rut they are going into.

link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I've already moved along.....you need to catch up

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by asala

No minister is in power, they can say all they want but I know for a fact there has been a military coup and the Supreme Council of Military Chiefs ARE in charge.

Ok, if no one else is going to say it, I will...
Do NOT claim something as fact unless you are prepared to actually back it up with credible sources in the form of clickable links.
And until you do, your posts are worth no more than the time it takes to scroll past them.
Have a nice day now.

Now, Egypt....

It sounds to me that something is definitely preparing to go astray, so to speak. Police falling back, installations being surrounded, Mubaraks speech being pushed back....Something, isn't adding up.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Absolutely not. This is not about Mubarak's allies.....this whole revolution is about what has been going on INSIDE Egypt to the Egyptian people and the oppression of.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
UPDATE:Egyptian state TV is reporting that Mubarak will speak at 10 p.m. (3 p.m. ET)
buying some time?

Ha, that figures....ty

Mubarak likely to quit, Brotherhood fears coup

"It looks like a military coup," said Essam al-Erian of the Brotherhood which is banned and is seen as Egypt's biggest organized opposition group. "I feel worry and anxiety. The problem is not with the president it is with the regime."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Note: Reuters is based in London, UK

Not just us ATS members smell something is funny...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Whatever! LOL

There is no conspiracy going on inside Egypt. Thats what you are alleging! You're funny.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

If you paid any attention afew days ago, the Muslim Brotherhood held talks with Mubarak's chiefs and their goal is for reform and positive change in Egypt....they also made it clear they are not interested in running for any elections.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Obama to make brief remarks on Egypt shortly, White House confirms.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wolf Blitzer on CNN just echoed what many ATSers have stated, "If Mubarak announces that he won't step down, one can only imagine the reaction of the protesters....."

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
CNN: Egypts Information Minister: Mubarak NOT leaving, denies that he is stepping down...

link   
A military coup in Egypt? Spectator.co.uk
Breaking: Coup d'état in Egypt
'Army stages coup d'état in Egypt' Press TV Iran

Coup rumor starting to heat up. Mubarek appointed generals in charge of a junta doesn't sound positive.

link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Wolf Blitzer on CNN just echoed what many ATSers have stated, "If Mubarak announces that he won't step down, one can only imagine the reaction of the protesters....."

Yes , that is why Mubarak is delayed his speech ...waiting Obama first ...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
CNN: Egypts Information Minister: Mubarak NOT leaving, denies that he is stepping down...

Information minister = propaganda and lies

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I cant even imagine what would happen if he does not step down, I think the place would go on fire!

Mubarak now said to be making a statement at 20:00 UK time, so an hour and a half,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Obama speaking in the next few moments from Michigan.
edit on 2/10/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
A military coup in Egypt? Spectator.co.uk
Breaking: Coup d'état in Egypt
'Army stages coup d'état in Egypt' Press TV Iran

Coup rumor starting to heat up. Mubarek appointed generals in charge of a junta doesn't sound positive.

That rumours are from one side only in the moment "The Egyptian opposition Muslim Brotherhood says"--> from your own article
edit on 10-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
President Obama will make brief remarks on Egypt at the start of his speech at Northern Michigan University. Expected around 1:30pm ET

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If you paid any attention afew days ago, the Muslim Brotherhood held talks with Mubarak's chiefs and their goal is for reform and positive change in Egypt....they also made it clear they are not interested in running for any elections.

I'll put it in simpleton terms. If the Brotherhood is worried, it's bad for the protesters, mmmmkay.

Obama to appear in 6 minutes...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

I'll put it in simpleton terms. If the Brotherhood is worried, it's bad for the protesters, mmmmkay.

Very well put

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join