It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

I don't care what you believe because I have mates on the ground in Cairo WITH phones and Al Jazeera is pretty much backing them up.

Crowds ARE celebrating from where I'm sitting!!!

Perhaps you Americans not happy everyone else outside the USA know more than you. Your President has locked you from open and free media live stream since the beginning of the Egyptian Revolution. Of course you don't believe anything anyone outside your country tells you. Thats why you're so delayed with whats going on around the world as it happens.

Here's a hint why.....to lock you from your president's behaviour playing Mubarak and the demonstrators at the same time. I know, I watched it - and Clinton was worse.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

hahahahahahaha thats funny! LOL

ahhhh, no. American news media has not been intirely truthful throughout this whole revolution.

The "AP" is the Associated Press, it's worldwide.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

OMG...really? You're going there? Don't turn this in to an Anti-American thread. This isn't the place for that junk. Not at all.
Back to whats important here...the truth and whats happening in Egypt....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
BREAKING: Area around Egypt's presidential compound being surrounded by tanks & razor wire, reports NBC's Richard Engel.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I know I know VOA but....

Obama Urges Mubarak to Begin Transition Now

U.S. President Barack Obama is urging Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to immediately begin the process of handing over power, but the U.S. leader stopped short of calling for Mr. Mubarak to leave office right now.

Mr. Obama said the future of Egypt must be determined by its people. He said the world is watching the events in Egypt and said this moment of turmoil should be turned into a moment of opportunity.

Maybe Obama is trying to tell him something indirectly through the media?

edit on 10-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It won't happen; there will be no blood spelt tonight or any other night in Egypt.

Its obvious to me most of you don't know the Egyptian people. A majority of the Egyptians are a peaceful people; they are intelligent enough to know whats going on both in and outside Egypt.

My guess is, none of you have ever seen such a mega Revolution of so many demonstrators in your whole lives; and their yelling in Arabic would seem scarey and alarming to Western people but believe me it's nothing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

You got that part correct!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Any thoughts on how this all ties into the "leaked" report that Saudi Arabia warned President Obama not to humiliate Mubarak? I just find it odd that, that news was out this morning and now there are rumors that Mubarak will step down.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Regenmacher is deutsche for rainmaker and that's a swiss flag patch in my Avatar. You suffer from blind assumptions.

Al Jazeera is based in Qatar and is still saying Mubarek may step down.
english.aljazeera.net...

edit on 10-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Police have started to pull back from Tahrir to 'prepare for any scenario' when and if Mubarak speaks according to those on the ground,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
BREAKING: Area around Egypt's presidential compound being surrounded by tanks & razor wire, reports NBC's Richard Engel.

That sort of behavior would indicate Mubarek isn't going to say what they want to hear. Add on the TV station being evac'ed for even more reason to think twice.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Oh no, I don't like the sound of this at all.

I am so concerned for the protestors - my heart goes out to each and everyone!

link   

edit on 10-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: double post

link   
the information minister (If you can count on his word)

States that The president will not step down tonight.

But lets wait and see what he has to say for himself,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Police have started to pull back from Tahrir to 'prepare for any scenario' when and if Mubarak speaks according to those on the ground,

Sounds like they're expecting something that they can't handle or are pulling back for self-preservation. Either way, not a promising reaction.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I'm not turning this in to an anti American thread at all, many of you are turning this in to a negative thread of Egyptians.

I watched this revolution since the very first day and many millions of us watched Obama and Clinton's behaviour since they opened their mouths. Immediately afterwards, came Netanyahu's.

The three supported Mubarak for the first few days then fell short of supporting the demonstrators then next came the support of the demonstrators but did'nt put pressure on Mubarak then a week later they did.

Obama and Clinton showed little crediability until after a week and even then it was weak at best.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Egyptian state TV is reporting that Mubarak will speak at 10 p.m. (3 p.m. ET)

buying some time?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Even still...this thread is NOT for discussing opinions about the American Government and its alleged media blackouts. Moving along.....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

No minister is in power, they can say all they want but I know for a fact there has been a military coup and the Supreme Council of Military Chiefs ARE in charge.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I dont think i have seen once on this thread a negative look on Egyptians? I think we pretty much all support what they are doing, But have concern for the people who are on the ground,

the negative has been towards there president and the fact that we all feel that he could flip flop on this and intern hurt the people more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join