It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by jhnsmth
I actually cried tears of joy for a few minutes after I watched the live announcement. Good thing my wife wasn`t here to see me cry...

Good for you man.... us guys can cry too.... It's an overwhelming experience just to watch it, Imagine being there

I spent the majority of my time over the past 3 weeks watching this event unfold live on Al Jazeera, Twitter, and Facebook. I`ve made new Egyptian friends on Twitter because of this as well.

It`s strange, but even though I`m sitting here in Canada, half a world away from Tahrir Square, I feel as if I was also a part of their revolution. I feel as if I have been in Tahrir Square for the past three weeks with my fellow revolutionists.

Over the past three weeks, I have seen people from every walk of life, rich/poor, Christian/Muslim, young/old, etc. speaking with one voice, saying "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!". I feel honored to have been a part of this amazing event so far, but a part of me also feels that this is just the beginning of a global revolution.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Watching it on TV

One image really touched me..

A man walking along the street of the now free Egypt.

his right hand in his brown jacket pocket....

His left hand holding the hand of his son who was holding an Egyptian flag almost as big as him.

A father and his son walking free for the first time in both of their lives.. It may be that it is all they have ever known.
Now they walk out into a new world.

congratulations Egypt.

I fear they wont be free for very long, for when the Muslim brotherhood slide in the doors to power all these poor people will suffer greater than before

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Originally posted by Extralien
A father and his son walking free for the first time in both of their lives.. It may be that it is all they have ever known.
Now they walk out into a new world.

@chrislhayes

...this will forever change people's mental image of the much-dreaded "Arab street."

Let's hope so.
edit on 11/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

I know same here... I've watched this thing grow and grow and have been glued to it for the entire time.
It was great and then awful... and ugly and looked like it was almost over, but no.... they kept fighting and stood strong.

This is truly a momentous occasion

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
iss govt freezes potential Mubarak assets in Switzerland- foreign ministry spokesman

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
A message to us from my friend in Egypt

THANKS TO EVERY COUNTRY SUPPORTED US EVEN WTH JUST WORDS...THANKS FOR JOINING US IN THS REVOLUTION...♥ ♥ THANKS FROM EVERY EGYPTIAN HEART!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
AFP: US Sen. Kerry Says Egypt's Army, Leaders Must Clarify Election Timetable

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It does annoy me that people like Obama and Cameron praise this and say It's great and so on.

The US and UK funded the Egyptian regime and wanted Mubarak to rule the country.

It's all well and good to jump on the bandwagon and say you support the people, but when you've funded their oppression, I find that pretty disgusting.

edit on 11/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
I fear they wont be free for very long, for when the Muslim brotherhood slide in the doors to power all these poor people will suffer greater than before

Dude, please just let it go. Nobody is buying into that, haven't you noticed? Didn't work for Mubarak, and it won't work for you. This was about the people, all people, and they all stood together. The muslim brotherhood will not slide in the doors to power, anymore than the far christian right has done here. They don't have the numbers to control things, they may have a seat the table, and that's up to the Egyptian people. Take a xanax and just breath....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Switzerland Freezes Mubarak's Assets -- Rumored As Much As $70 Billion

I guess he won't get too far past Sharm el-Sheik , if that's where he really is.
edit on 11/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Ouch. What about the gold he is said to have in the UK I wonder.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I hope someone deeply decent gets in their and exposes every other corrupt government.. Anyone who has been supporting this Mubarak. You're all criminals and you know who you are.

I wait eagerly for the dust to kick up right in their faces..

Then i hope that Egypt will release the strangle hold it has on its history and allow the world time and freedom to explore, investigate and decipher all of the ancient Egyptian history.

We may be so surprised of what we may learn. At least it would be a big step towards Egypt promoting itself..
We have already learnt just how peaceful and emotional these brothers and sisters are.. now let this attitude be a lesson and may we share it with each other.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Vice President Biden just volunteered sentimental comments about Egypt. This appears to be so hypocritical since we participated in propping up these dictatorships for decades. The Egyptian people have openly declined any help from western countries because of this fact. I hope in Obama's televised speech this afternoon, he respects everyone's knowledge of U.S. involvement in supporting Mubarak's dictatorial rule. In my opinion, our government shares the guilt.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Talking about you...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Mubarak steps down on the 32nd anniversary of of the Shah's fall in Iran.

Feb. 11 1979

The royal regime collapsed shortly after on February 11 when guerrillas and rebel troops overwhelmed troops loyal to the Shah in armed street fighting.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting!! The clerics in Iran must be loving this right now. Let's see what gets sucked into this power vacuum now. Coincidence??

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Now is the Perfect time to

BOMB PANAMA!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here's another one to listen to:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Okay, I give up, because this is just plainly true:

@ianinegypt

No verb or amount of video can describe the atmosphere of Tahrir.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Mubarak steps down on the 32nd anniversary of of the Shah's fall in Iran.

Feb. 11 1979

The royal regime collapsed shortly after on February 11 when guerrillas and rebel troops overwhelmed troops loyal to the Shah in armed street fighting.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting!! The clerics in Iran must be loving this right now. Let's see what gets sucked into this power vacuum now. Coincidence??

AND

It is the same date Mandela was set free 20 some years ago

Hopefully they will elect Popeye

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, my friend, you're right.

This is just my small tribute to these amazing people and their ancient and proud country:

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join