It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you very much for the links!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My suggestion for those who haven't been following this on Twitter, but want to, is to follow the list of ppl I posted above, then read through their tweets to find other ppl who they regularly communicate with, then follow them, and so on.

In the past 2 weeks my Twitter feed had changed dramatically because of this revolution. I used to have nothing but celebrities and networking contacts for my tshirt design business, but since the Revolution started, half my feed is in Arabic.... and you can always use Google Translator to read the Arabic messages, I've been keeping that tab open for over a week now.

Edited to add more Twitter users to follow:

@NadiaE - Protestor, in close communication with Wael Ghonim
@davidcommon - CBC journalist who has been in Egypt for most of the revolution

edit on 11-2-2011 by jhnsmth because: added more Twits

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

I did not realize I could use google translate for tweets! You are wonderful! Thank you for that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
no wonder I get no news! Ive been following @BarackObama twitter this whole time!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
check out the ruling party's website. www.cairondp.org...

btw, you guys heard that anon have hacked gov sites the past weeks right? but this one i dont know.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I sure hope the people don’t stop, the military is asking them not to use violence because they are out number in a bad way. The people could literally hold the rulers hostage if they all worked together, damn the people could hold the rulers hostage in any country if they all worked as one unit. But after their revolution the next "rulers" will have to play the game and commit to the western worlds any way if they want their people to prosper or at least be clothed and fed.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
According to CNN, Breaking News:

There will be an "important statement" soon from the office of Egypt's president, state TV reported.

Hmm

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
CNN reporting that in some places military providing food for the protesters. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

I've been reading that Mubarak's ruling party (cairondp.org) was hacked. I read it now reads: "Closed until dropping Mubarak & the regime"

Now BBC & other media are reporting:
"Important" statement from the presidency expected shortly, state TV reports.

Interesting it says "the presidency". Are they still trying to keep the illusion that Mubarak transfered power yesterday?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here's the latest updates from my Tiwtter feed:

@NadiaE says:
Around 10,000 at pres palace now #jan25

@BreakingNews says:
Egyptian presidency to make 'urgent and important' statement soon; Mubarak has left Cairo for Sharm el-Sheikh -official http://(link tracking not allowed)/gV7M8f

@RiverDryFilm says:
People getting txts saying palace will release statement soon. Won't hold breath. #Egypt #jan25

@iDeskCNN says:
President Hosni Mubarak has gone to the Egyptian Sinai city of Sharm el-Sheikh, a well-placed source with close connections told CNN

------------
I'm worried about this announcement - The Egyptian Army has come out today in favor of Mubarak's newest concessions, and El Presidente has just left the building. Is there a massacre in the works?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

I certainly hope that no one resorts to violence because I believe that the most important aspect of this protest is the fact that it can be successful without resorting to such measures. When they do succeed, I'll be waiting to see if the people of Iran don't muster up the confidence to do the same.

I don't know if Mubarak has left the city or not but judging by the crowd in the streets, I don't think that going to Sharm el-Sheikh will satisfy them. Maybe it's just me, but I think they would prefer that he leave the planet.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

I would sincerely hope not. I would think that with the international media broadcasting everything and the world literally captivated with the whole process taking place, that even Mubarak would not take the chance of something like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you are talking about a religion which looks at Jesus as "Our Lord and Savior" then you are talking about the Vatican. The Vatican is the direct link to God from Earth... or am I completely mistaken?

Okay... not the building itself! Rather the Pope who resides there. I am simply trying to figure out by what you mean by "the church" because that is soooooo very broad a term that it could mean a lot other things. (Like an actual building, an ideology, a single person who represents the church, or every person on earth who views Christ as the savior)

Alright, if you want to continue this tangent more than just the prophecy about the war of Psalm 83 which includes Egypt then I suggest we take it to the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum where it belongs. Agreed?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
how long can they keep this? 2 weeks now and still no accomplishments, and reading tweets, protesters planning on sleeping in front of state TV.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
get reliable info from here: twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Unfortunately, it looks like violence is starting to happen. I just got word on Twitter that a police station has been attacked by over 1000 protesters, at least one confirmed dead.

Edited to add the police station is apparently in Suez
edit on 11-2-2011 by jhnsmth because: Edited to add the police station is apparently in Suez

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Seitler

1. Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say "Vatican"?
2. It's not the "Revelations of John", but the Revelation (singular) of Jesus Christ.
3. I never claimed the events of the great war of Armageddon was on the horizon. What is immediately on the horizon is Psalm 83, which is a precursor to Ezekiel 38 and 39.

Any chance of not spreading your religious poison on this section of the forum? We're dealing with reality here, you see. There's nothing worse than seeing scripture quoted and used as 'evidence' in a thread.

There's a separate section at ATS for that kind of claptrap.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

Agreed, I am trying to do that. The part that is relevant to this thread isn't what Revelation says, but the war prophecy of Psalm 83 which includes Egypt.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Took over a month for the Tunisians in Tunisia

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
you can watch Egyptian State tv live from CNN: edition.cnn.com...

only 15 people working in the building, protesters will shut it down soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
lol @ suggestion ^^

Egyptian State TV only report what the Egyptian Government tell them to report

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join