It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Mubarak HAS GONE !!!

Al Jazeera is still reporting that Mubarek will address the people from the Presidential Palace this evening.

Egypt's PM says Mubarak is still in power

edit on 10-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: added link

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hope with Mubarak all will go down who surround him, and wishing good and prosperous future for Egyptian people
edit on 10-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I doubt Murabak is gone - speculation. We have no concrete sources on this yet.

link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
It appears reports are changing quickly - back and forth. We need sound sources as to what is being said and done. It seems to me TPTB are playing dirty tricks with the Egyptian people.

Why evacuate the state TV building?

This would be my guess...and this is only a guess... but I would think it's because the state TV was an agent of government backed dis-info throughout this whole thing and while there will be much rejoycing if these reports are true of Mubarak's departure I can imagine that there will be some backlash as well.

If this is true, wonder what the much hated police force will be doing??

link   
Breaking:

Mubarak expected to address the nation around 6:30 p.m. GMT (1:30 p.m. ET)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Jeezes.....you Americans are not catching on........

EGYPTIAN PRESIDENT - VICE PRESIDENT - PRIME MINISTER - are NO LONGER IN CHARGE !!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You Americans don't but I do.......ring your President and tell him to fully open your live stream to Al Jazeera

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Mubarak has already left the presidential palace!

Mubarak's speech that he has stepped down HAS been pre-recorded
edit on 10-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: none

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I dont think anyone is saying that its not happening, But awaiting this all to be confirmed, Many worry this could just be a smoke screen, Its happened before... So without 100% from the horses mouth then its always best to hold out just that little bit,

I Hope that they are out.. I think pretty much most people would be happy, Though... Lets just see what they are left with,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Mubarak has already left the presidential palace!

Mubarak's speech that he has stepped down HAS been pre-recorded
edit on 10-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: none

Source please. No source = Hasn't happened. We can't go by simple claims, we need credible sources.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Run boy , Run!!!

Where he will escape ? I predict Montengro or England

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Live stream from Al Jazeera English

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I gave you the source.....you Americans are soooooooooooooooooooo delayed from the rest of the world

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The people said that its also the system that has to go/chance, so I doubt if the announcement will bring back peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I suspect Mubarak won't leave Egypt; he will just go in to retirement, not exile.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The Revolution is now in PARTY MODE !!!

If it is like any other “revolution” I have seen in that part of the world, then the people and their descendents will be paying for it in blood and tears for decades to come.

I have started to think that the middle east is like a bunch of prison colonies. The people in them are too corrupt and immature to rule themselves. So you have to have an outside force install a stable leader that will keep the people from doing something really stupid.

Some radical jihadist will get the population worked up on how everything is the zionest west’s fault and how they need to align themselves with the “struggle against the west” The population will lap it up. They will goose step themselves to their own grave.

AKA……….Iran

I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.
We will know the result shortly.

God bless all the people that will die from this stupidity.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lets hope its not left to this fella,

Mubarak's probable replacement: Omar Suleiman, former head of Egyptian intelligence services and notorious torturer.

"The Torture Career of Egypt's New Vice President: Omar Suleiman and the Rendition to Torture Program"
www.commondreams.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They are still chanting in defiance for Mubarek to go on Al Jazeera. So I'll wait til I see them celebrating.

Thanks for posting the time, Asala.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I gave you the source.....you Americans are soooooooooooooooooooo delayed from the rest of the world

Just a little note,Not everyone on ATS is American...

Contrary to reports, Mubarak is in Cairo, presidential source says to NBC

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Egypt's military announced on national television that it has stepped in to "safeguard the country" on Thursday and assured protesters that President Hosni Mubarak will meet their demands in the strongest indication yet that Egypt's longtime leader has lost power. In Washington, the CIA chief said there was a "strong likelihood" Mubarak will step down Thursday.

The dramatic announcement showed that the military was taking control after 17 days of protests demanding Mubarak's immediate ouster spiraled out of control.

Gen. Hassan al-Roueini, military commander for the Cairo area, told thousands of protesters in central Tahrir Square, "All your demands will be met today." Some in the crowd held up their hands in V-for-victory signs, shouting "the people want the end of the regime" and "Allahu akbar," or "God is great," a victory cry used by secular and religious people alike.

The military's supreme council was meeting Thursday, without the commander in chief Mubarak, and announced on state TV its "support of the legitimate demands of the people." A spokesman read a statement that the council was in permanent session to explore "what measures and arrangements could be made to safeguard the nation, its achievements and the ambitions of its great people."

The statement was labeled "communique number 1," a phrasing that suggests a military coup.

Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

Looks like it's all over for Mubarak. Though I doubt the army will be any better.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join