It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Mubarak stepping down tonight

www.wptv.com

UPDATE: NBC News reports that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will step down tonight.

EARLIER STORY:

CAIRO (AP) -- Military and ruling party officials say President Hosni Mubarak will speak to the nation soon and meet the demands of protesters. Protesters are insisting he step down immediately.

Military officials say the armed forces' supreme council has been meeting all day long and will issue a communique shortly that they say will meet the protesters' demands.

The ruling party chief, Hossan Badrawy, tells The Associated Press he expects Mubarak to address the nation and make
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related article; content.usatoday.com...

Related article; worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 10-2-2011 by Flatfish because: edit to add related article

edit on 10-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by asala because: to edit title to reflect latest news,

There is A BIG CHANCE that this son of bi ch mubarak will kill almost all of the porr and who had ENOUGH OF HIS 30 YEARS OLD BULL S IT!
That's what sons of b tches like him do , in order to remain in power!
In ROMANIA was something similar in 1989 revolution!
But OTHER sons of b tches took the power and still f.ck us today!
FOR 20 OLD FREAKING YEARS NOW...
Something needs to be done on this world/planet !

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkewedSorry to say, but your views are delusional, this world does not work that way. He has not "decided" anything, he is running out of options. I just hope Mubarak and company runs out of options before the citizens do. And yes, he would hunt them down, he has done it before, he may not get all of them, but he will get a lot of them. And then, if he stayed, he could start replacing their army to be more cooperative to him and less to the citizens. The people cannot give him time to plan and execute anything or anyone, as long as the people are in the streets, it keeps him pinned down.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

You have a point here.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I have to say I agree with you 100%. I do not think it was wise to push out the leader of the country without someone to take his place ready to go. They have left a huge hole that someone can fill. Even one of the organizers of the protests in the first place agrees with this.

A leading Egyptian businessman who calls his newspaper and TV station “the voice of the protesters” says he's concerned the Muslim Brotherhood could take over Egypt’s revolution

Mubarak has said leaving now would leave the country he has ruled for more than 30 years in "chaos," something Sawiris agrees on. “He can stay to the end of his term. Meanwhile, we work on getting the democratic rights. If they don’t give us the rights, we go back to the streets,” Sawiris said, explaining his plan to have protesters leave Tahrir Square in exchange for the immediate implementation of meaningful reforms.

Source

I would have to agree it would seem that the majority of the posters here are all about just do it. As in the response to my original post. "This is what makes the difference between men and boys." So naivety is a trait of being a man?

A lot of people here seem to be ignorant to the human trait that needs a leader. People always look to someone to lead. You might wanna think you are all completely free-thinking and independent but if you have no one to lead you, the majority of your group will end up staring blankly at the sky wondering what to do next. I am not implying that you need someone to tell you what to do, but our nature is to look to someone to tell you what to do unless you are the leader type.

The point I am making is that they have left a gap for anyone to fill. My point is that this presents the danger of someone much worse then Mubarak to step in.

I

edit on 2/10/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

The specifics have been laid out for you, you refuse to acknowledge what people write and refute it completely - another sign of trolling.

And what are those specifics? If they have been so clearly laid out...it would be nothing for you to repeat them one more time...right?

There are protest leaders who want to lay out a new constitution, and lead the country out of it's dictatorship

And who are these mysterious unnamed "leaders" you are speaking of?

Do you know their names?

Isn't it strange that the majority of the world is with the people of Egypt, but you are not?
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to troll.

WHOA WHOA WHOA...who says I'm not?

I seem to be the only one here concerned about their safety. The rest of you want to see a Braveheart style, rush to your death, action by the Egyptian people...just to satisfy your sick needs of knowing someone is taking action...someone besides YOU...because apparently you don't have the backbone to do the things you are telling others to do.

But sure...I'm just a troll

edit on 10-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

The problem I see is that if they do what the protestors want...they leave a void...and then it is a power struggle to fill that void. Now if the protestors had a leader that they were rallying around and wanted him to take power...that is a whole different story...but that is not the case. They have NO ONE to take over.

And all of you saying "Well, the military will just keep the peace until elections are held."....who is going to be in charge of the military? Whoever that person is...is going to have a lot of power all of a sudden...and what if he doesn't want to give it up? Or what if he decides that he knows the best person to take over and places them in pwoer?

How about you guys start thinking about the real life implications...this isn't a game...the protestors aren't there for your entertainment...you should all be encouraging them to THINK before the take any type of action.

But I guess that isn't fun...you seem like more of a freedom loving patriot if you just encourage them to live by the "give me liberty or give me death" motto. :shk:

New predicted Egyptian Leader: Mohamed Elbaradei
www.allvoices.com...

You are the one making accusations that people are enjoying this as entertainment. This makes you look like more of a troll, sorry. I am sure glad you were not on our side during the Revolutionary War. People who want freedom will get it, hopefully you will acquire it someday too.

edit on 2/10/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

If the citizens do not want Mubarak in power, do you really think that they would allow another group of tyrants in power? No, they wont, and if that were to happen, the people would be right back out on the streets. The people know what they want and do not want. Having a vacant government for a short while we be ok, as long as the military backs the people, and so far, the military has behaved exceptionally well.

Unless of course the people who take power are more extreme in their methods of protest control.

I would LOVE to live in the world you guys are living in...where things are just happy and nice because it is the right thing to do....but I choose to live in reality.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

The problem I see is that if they do what the protestors want...they leave a void...and then it is a power struggle to fill that void. Now if the protestors had a leader that they were rallying around and wanted him to take power...that is a whole different story...but that is not the case. They have NO ONE to take over.

And all of you saying "Well, the military will just keep the peace until elections are held."....who is going to be in charge of the military? Whoever that person is...is going to have a lot of power all of a sudden...and what if he doesn't want to give it up? Or what if he decides that he knows the best person to take over and places them in pwoer?

How about you guys start thinking about the real life implications...this isn't a game...the protestors aren't there for your entertainment...you should all be encouraging them to THINK before the take any type of action.

But I guess that isn't fun...you seem like more of a freedom loving patriot if you just encourage them to live by the "give me liberty or give me death" motto. :shk:

www.allvoices.com...

You are the one making accusations that people are enjoying this as entertainment. This makes you look like more of a troll, sorry. I am sure glad you were not on our side during the Revolutionary War. People who want freedom will get it, hopefully you will acquire it someday too.

edit on 2/10/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

sorry to dissapoint you , but from the looks , he's the next us satanic ruler's puppet!
NO SORT OF "FREEDOM" IN THAT SH T ...

edit on 10-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

I would have to agree it would seem that the majority of the posters here are all about just do it. As in the response to my original post. "This is what makes the difference between men and boys." So naivety is a trait of being a man?

A lot of people here seem to be ignorant the human trait that needs a leader. People always look to someone to lead. You might wanna think you are all completely free-thinking and independent but if you have no one to lead you, the majority of your group will end up staring blankly at the sky wondering what to do next. I am not implying that you need someone to tell you what to do, but our nature is to look to someone to tell you what to do unless you are the leader type.

The point I am making is that they have left a gap for anyone to fill. My point is that this presents the danger of someone much worse then Mubarak to step in.

I

It shows the men from the boys in such a manner that the men will stand and fight for their beliefs no matter the cost, the boys just go home when things start getting a little tough and adverse. The people will not allow some other tyrant to come in. As it is now, the military would help keep that from happening, once Mubarak is gone. The military is in a tough spot right now, and understandably so, but once the regime is gone then they can fully support the citizens. No one is saying Egypt can rule themselves permanently, but they will for a short time until the proper person can be put into place. They want to be led, they want a leader, but they want it on their terms, I do not understand why that is so hard to understand.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

how can you know the next egyptian ruler? when it should be decided in fair and open elections?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Then he should be their voice...if he truly is "their voice"...and directly challenge Mubarak.

Is he afraid to do so?

I am sure glad you were not on our side during the Revolutionary War. People who want freedom will get it, hopefully you will acquire it someday too.

LOL...the "founding fathers" PUT THEMSELVES INTO POWER....because they had a vision, a desire, and the support of the people. After they put themselves in power...THEN they created our country.

If Mohamed Elbaradei is going to play the role of "founding father"...than he needs to become more visible.

And please tell me...which side were you on during the Revolutionary War
You must be pretty old

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
To be honest I am not sure that is quite the case, I have been an avid listener to Art Bell from an early age, and now Nory and they have plenty of women callers on that show. I think it depends on what time of day you come to a site or listen to something, a lot of women are on during the day, dudes at night just how things work. Now let me get a woman to go make me a grilled cheese sandwich excuse me. Walks his Neanderthal butt out of thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpinAnd please tell me...which side were you on during the Revolutionary War
You must be pretty old

Maybe he's a time traveller, or an immortal. We're on ATS afterall.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

how can you know the next egyptian ruler? when it should be decided in fair and open elections?

It wasn't that member who said he was the next ruler...it was one of your brothers who are "supporting" the egyptian protestors.

Because apparently...if anyone doesn't agree with either of you...then we are somehow against the Egyptian people.

But hey...look at that....things aren't so simple anymore. Now you want one thing...the other member that was supporting your views now wants another.

But carry on...I'm sure you have all the solutions for all the worlds problems...and you will solve them all right here on ATS.
edit on 10-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Just out of curiousity how old are you? Were you old enough to watch the news or television in 1989? I was and I saw the results of Tiananmen Square in China when the people tried to stand up to a power the could care less. I think maybe you and others here should take a moment to read up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or just watch the video

This is what happens when you stand up to a government that doesn't care what you think. I don't know why I can't make the video work.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

I DON'T! Only that over time I have "developed" a sort of "sense" only by looking at a person!
And this one is NOT TO BE TRUSTED!
A young , "from the crowd man" should be put in power!
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS AND WILL HELP HIS PEOPLE!
NOT old sons of b tches who surely "have a dark past" !
And after all , they should execute mubarak and have FREE ELECTIONS!
PROBLEM SOLVED!
But CIA whants "their son of b tch" in place...
Egypt is an important "dot" on the map!
edit on 10-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Desk reports 2000+ demonstrators have reached barbed wire blocking street leading to Egyptian presidential palace

Al Jazeera: Roughly ten thousand protesters are surrounding state TV building, will spend the night there,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It seems that the people are willing to accept the military to take control and make things work until the elections.
Source: Al Jazeera live.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kroms33

LOL...the "founding fathers" PUT THEMSELVES INTO POWER....because they had a vision, a desire, and the support of the people. After they put themselves in power...THEN they created our country.

If Mohamed Elbaradei is going to play the role of "founding father"...than he needs to become more visible.

See? There it is. Right above where I am typing. Where have you been? What have you been watching or reading? This is a known fact. It is also a known fact that they have a plan laid out - but, why should I do all of the work for you. There is a search engine out on the internet called "google". All you have to do is type what you are searching for and you will usually be able to find significant sources that will enable to come to a conclusion.
I will even provide you with the link:
www.google.com...

And please tell me...which side were you on during the Revolutionary War
You must be pretty old

Yeah... you got me there...
I support the efforts of our founding fathers is what I meant. But, I am getting pretty old.

Anyhow, you wrote: "PUT THEMSELVES INTO POWER....because they had a vision, a desire, and the support of the people. After they put themselves in power...THEN they created our country." That totally negates every argument you put forth on this thread because to the most casual and most common observer of these events unfolding in Egypt see that as what the Egyptian people are trying to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

There are some different dynamics in play here. In your poor example, that army was loyal to that government. In Egypt, their army has been showing they are loyal to the people. So, what are you trying to say?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
My Guestion:

Is the transfer of power to his vice president what the population is really asking for??

I hope my feelings are wrong, but I think this is going to get much
worse and very bloody
before daylight comes to the population.

---------------------
No the population is NOT asking for transfer of power to the VP. Suleiman is not "for the people"... Excellent read at DP on this matter:

Omar Suleiman, CIA's Man In Cairo and Egypt's Torturer in Chief
www.dailypaul.com...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join