It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Secretary General of #Egypt's ruling NDP party Badrawi tells BBC he would be 'surprised' if President #Mubarak is still in office tomorrow

conflicting reports coming from everywhere! i beleive something is going down but i think the people want a heck of a lot more than there going to be offered.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Al Jazeera has said the state TV building has been evacuated. Must not be the news the people are going to want to hear tonight.

Markets not indicated anything relevant either.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
BREAKING

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will address the nation on Thursday evening, state television reports

Hearing this may be a recorded speech?
edit on 10-2-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Supreme Council of Military Chiefs have confirmed Mubarak AND his full cabinet including VP Sulieman and Egypt's PM WILL step down in afew hours.

Egypt's control is now in the hands of the Armed Forces & Military!

MEGA party throughout Egypt for the next 24 hours!

POWER to the Egyptian PEOPLE !

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Provide links please, as this is not what everyone else is hearing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Listen NOW on Al Jazeera........

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
press release: Missing British National in Egypt (More to come)

edit on 10-2-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I haven't heard that on Al Jazeera yet. You have a reference link to that?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As it stands right now, only Mubarak "may" be stepping down AND handing over power to the VP and Military.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2011 by ragnarokman because: just not right

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Some interesting reading via an egyptian,

Before any of us gets too happy about this turn of events I URGE YOU to read these two fine articles about the Egyptian military.

The first about its role in the industries of Egypt (how they nefariously hoard the fruit of Egypt - the people's fruit - with corrupt civilian dictators, the military's puppets)

www.t...ime.com...

The second is about the military's role in arrests, abuse and torture throughout this uprising. Very sobering as we celebrate their ascendancy. A realty check that will shock you. Literally!

m.guardian.co.uk...

The jackal may be departing only to be replaced by a powerful military that is equally undemocratic… with lots of US weapons! The jackal's guarantor and the real power in Egypt all these years.
See more

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It appears reports are changing quickly - back and forth. We need sound sources as to what is being said and done. It seems to me TPTB are playing dirty tricks with the Egyptian people.

Why evacuate the state TV building?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A couple of hours ago Council of Military Chiefs prevented Mubarak from delivering speech to the protestors that he will hand power to Sulieman......

Mubarak and "his" chiefs already left presidential palace.........

Supreme Council of Military Chiefs NOW IN CHARGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mubarak HAS GONE !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by NOTurTypical

He wouldn't have murdered anybody without the support of the U.S.. That's how we knew he had chemical weapons, we still have the receipts! Saddam was no different than Al-Qaeda, they were both supported and armed by the U.S. long before they turned against us. I think they call this phenomena, "blowback."

Are you forgetting the Kurds? I'm not. Saddam had already showed how he treated internal uprisings.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
State Dept says its daily press briefing is now "on hold". Possibly awaiting Mubarak speech?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Again, please provide a source for us to see. Until you do, we can only see your posts as speculation/hype. Don't say "listen to al jazeera...", give us a credible link or two.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The Revolution is now in PARTY MODE !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The information minister has just told reauters that the president is not stepping down.... So hold on to your hats!

That means nothing. The primary job of information ministers is propaganda.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

From where I am sitting......you are obviously getting edited media......

Mine information is unedited and in the raw from the streets and Al Jazeera

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The ministers are NOT in charge; they are finished! Don't listen to them.....the Supreme Court of Military Chiefs IS in charge now!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join