It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Did the same exact thing happen in Iran? and how did gov make them stop?
edit on 10-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
An Egyptian man just proclaimed on cnn "give me liberty or give me death" I saw the sincerity in this eyes. I am literally tearing up right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by AndrewJay

Let me know if Im wrong here okay? The goal here is to remove the tyrant right?

I don't know...I would think the goal would be to work out a peacful solution with minimal loss of life.

But hey...as long as "your team" wins....I guess the ends justify the means.

The ends justify the means? Do you not understand what the word FREEDOM means?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable - JFK

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

It doesn't have to be like that, they it did once, last week, they can do it again.
There is still hope, im ready to be positively surprised.
edit on 10-2-2011 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good twitter list with updates from people on the ground there.

LINK
edit on 10-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Here's a pretty good twitter list with updates from people on the ground there.

LINK
edit on 10-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Thanks, dude! Awesome.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm living in Egypt and just saw Mubarak give another speech just now.
The speech was essentially the same as the first speech Mubarak gave when all this started. Simply put he is not stepping down. Did not even give hint of it.

People in the square are confused, and afraid about whats going to happen tomorrow. But many people are saying its not going to be pretty.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat

It doesn't have to be like that, they it did once, last week, they can do it again.
There is still hope, im ready to be positively surprised.
edit on 10-2-2011 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

I'm ready to see a tragic bloodbath.

Hopefully I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Everytime I hear them ordering people to go home that usually means something is up.

link   
Interesting Tweet:

TamerELG

Soldiers, who had entered the square unarmed, some taking photos with protesters, ran back to positions outside of Tahrir. Appeared shocked

link   
reply to post by lacanau

I've just seen on the news crowds are heading for the palace?? any truth in that do u know?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I know, I would like to hop on the next flight and go help. But, alas, this is not my fight so I will stay out of it and just encourage them.

This IS your fight!

This is a fight we must ALL fight.

They are not just Egyptians, they are humans, people, citizens, parents, children, the future, the past.

We are ALL part of this and taking a sideline affords you no sympathy in any oppression towards your own life.

Take this lesson they teach us and live it every day.
edit on 10/2/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Again from AJ tv.

Egyptian army rep on AJ, suggests there are plans to topple Mubarak on grounds that he is unfit to lead (he uses the word "schizophrenic") and then delegate powers either to the V.P. or to the people of Egypt. They have committed a grave mistake, provoking and insulting the people by a mentally ill president, he says. ...Further statements from the army will come.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

From the people know there .. There is a few going but no many, they will head there tomorrow,

Tonight many are going to the TV head quaters.

link   

I too hope you're wrong, cause if you're right, we all loose.

link   
I have so much respect for these people. They demand change...take to the streets proudly waiving and displaying their flag...to me that speaks volumes.

Whereas whenever an American decides to protest, the stay at home and burn theirs...

link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

And the sad thing is that the protestors are falling for it

I do not think they are falling for anything. I think they were aware of all the possible outcomes, being killed was one of them and they are prepared to die for their country. This is how united people act.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
go back to work and be aware of the dangers around you .. did he just threaten the people?

That’s exactly what I thought, and I have a bad feeling that amongst the protesters there is a creeping realisation of the futility of their peaceful protest.

Some are going home but will be returning tomorrow, but thousands remain and people are chanting about marching on the palace tomorrow afternoon. Every Friday, Muslims hold an afternoon prayer called the jumu'ah, so there will be a huge number of people all leaving the Mosques at the same time. It appears that if anything big is going to happen, it's going to be then!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Message from the ground,

If you are going to the palace the army was laying down razor wire,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Gonna turn out to be a blood bath i think....those people will not rest tonight....nor go home~

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join