It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Best course of action would be fair elections NOW not in autumn. Though I doubt that Mubarak and his gang would allow fair elections. And why do you think he would make a fair elections in autumn? He does not know the meaning of "fair" and "justice". All he things about is "power" and how to not loose it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Military expert Ali Shukri from Oxford University tells the BBC World Service he thinks the army is siding with the government and intends to "support President Mubarak totally to the end. I think we are approaching a moment when the army will have to make a real choice on the ground."

source

I certainly hope that this is wrong....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is no one to elect and honestly one can not tell if any future candidates have sinister plans or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I agree to that as well. From my point of view, if the people can stick together as they have shown, they can easily get up and go to work in the morning without a government telling them too. The people in Egypt are united under a cause with a common goal. Any group of people able to overcome the barriers of being united in a protest and have common goals can certainly self govern themselves for a few months.

link   
I just hope they get the children who are in the square out safely and back in there homes, Many brought the children expecting a different outcome,

link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
What do you guys expect...he can't just step down with no plan.

Do you guys just want him and the VP to wave and say "BYE...the seats open...have fun fighting over it".

Waiting until the Fall IS probably the best course of action at this point.

Waiting for what? For what what this manipulative, "entrenched" (as one reporter coined) dictator wants? There is absolutely no reason to think that waiting for the fall will be fruitful in anyway if we can learn anything from Mubarak's character. He is obviously trying to buy some time, with that September bull so he can retain full power indirectly.

link   
I wish we had another outlet to watch this on other than MSM. We are only going to get the picture they paint for us. Anyone in Egypt?

link   
In case anyone's come into this thread late, you can catch up with the latest comments and events live on Al Jazeera TV (in English) here.

Things are looking very bad now. People are incredibly angry there.

Mike

link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by MindSpin

Best course of action would be fair elections NOW not in autumn. Though I doubt that Mubarak and his gang would allow fair elections. And why do you think he would make a fair elections in autumn? He does not know the meaning of "fair" and "justice". All he things about is "power" and how to not loose it.

With no campaigning? Just show up and vote for someone? What about ballot? Can we wait for some to be printed up?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Suleiman tells Egypt's youth to 'go home, go back to work...don't listen to the satellite TV stations'

The 2011 equivalent of "Let them eat cake" circa the French Revolution, or "Go shopping" circa 2001.

Made worse by essentially saying the Mubarak regime would tell the protester's parents if they continue to protest.

Unreal.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
There is no one to elect and honestly one can not tell if any future candidates have sinister plans or not.

Just give the power to the people ....why is that so hard to do? Never in human history has man been given full freedom to rule over himself. Let this be the time!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Anything is better than a tyrant dictator. Give the power to the military

That is not a response I was expecting on ATS.

We have seen how well military dictatorship has worked in the past...let's try it again.

The guys with all the guns will hand over the power once everything has settled down...they promise.

link   
C´mon you people, keep the faith, the Egyptians rewrote history once, when they came back last friday ,after the violent outbreak, continuing the peaceful protests, in greater numbers, even more determined, they can do it again. But they're gonna need us, im serious.

edit on 10-2-2011 by talklikeapirat because: maybe a bit over the top...so what

link   
Just a heads up:

Egyptian army expected to speak shortly

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by AndrewJay

Anything is better than a tyrant dictator. Give the power to the military

That is not a response I was expecting on ATS.

We have seen how well military dictatorship has worked in the past...let's try it again.

The guys with all the guns will hand over the power once everything has settled down...they promise.

In all honesty, those are the only people you can trust at this point. Yes, the people with guns that just so happen to also be the people of Egypt. If you cant trust your own people who can you trust?

link   
something isnt right - why have the military not removed him???

I'm predicting 2 million plus on the streets come tomorrow...I wonder what the knock on effect to other arab nations will be? and to what extent the barrack/cameron 'bro-allition' will stick their beaks in?

link   

Originally posted by asala
Just a heads up:

Egyptian army expected to speak shortly

Just want to say, great job getting the updates to us...way before MSM can report it. Kudos.

link   
Im watching the News on TV right now(5:55 AST) and it says,

"BREAKING NEWS
MUBARAK WILL STAY ON UNTIL ELECTIONS
Egyptian Presdient will leave in September"

That doesn't sound like he's stepping down to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
With army siding with gov, the people will remain powerless. I never seen unarmed people overthrow the army so it can never happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
I wish we had another outlet to watch this on other than MSM. We are only going to get the picture they paint for us. Anyone in Egypt?

Just load up twitter and find and follow the #egypt and #jan25 tags.

You get up to the second updates from the actual protesters.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join