It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think its about to get messy...blood will be flowing in the streets before to long!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, extreme circumstance call for extreme measures. Unfortunately, our government is on the wrong side of the fence or otherwise why not send in Delta to take of him. On the other hand, maybe the Mossad would do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This could have been a Suileman tactic in order to justify attacking protesters.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I wouldn't be so sure.... the whole day with the build up the anticipation and the major letdown sounds very carefully planned to incite a reaction that would excuse the use of military..

Remember the US sent a few platoons to Egypt (most likely to boost the Embassy defense)..

Stay in the square.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Yes, It felt like the whole speech was just a way to bait the protesters and nothing more...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is going to get fun.
Let's see how this continues.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Remember the US sent a few platoons to Egypt (most likely to boost the Embassy defense)..

US troops shooting protesters??
I don't see that going down well with Americans who have seen what's going on...

link   

Originally posted by asala
Yes, It felt like the whole speech was just a way to bait the protesters and nothing more...

As crazy as this sounds, I actually think the man is really that dense and believes his own words.

A candidate for the Darwin award of the century for sure....

link   
SHOES UPPPPP REVOLUTIONNNNNN

link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Fareed Zakaria just said that he thinks this is an attempt to bait the crowd and get the Army involved to maintain order.

I agree with you, they need to hold tight. Otherwise, it gives Mubarak's provocateurs a chance to start up again.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
suileman will adresss people today as well.

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Protestors are not going to find him in Alexandria because he's not there and nor is he in Cairo. Mubarak has already gone to his palace in the South.

They are testing the crowds.....but they are going no where.

link   
Like i stated on another thread, I'm thinking this debate, or unsettling issue between Mubarek and the Military was a coup. Make believe, now with the unrest, the military can come in and take control with any means necessary over its people....i think its about to get bloody!

link   
Wait, then why did State TV change and start showing the protests?

link   
journalist Lina Wardani tells the BBC:

"Thousands of angry Egyptians are moving now towards the presidential palace. I think things will change tonight or tomorrow morning. I don't expect these angry masses to go home or wait until tomorrow. These people are not going to go home. It's not only Tahrir, it's all the streets to downtown. People are chanting 'down with the regime'."

Tonight or tomorrow..... i bet he aint even at the palace...

this is up to the army now

some Army guy needs to step up to the plate and sort him out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I realized that this was a wrong choice of words after I posted. I only meant to express my sad realization that Mubarak's departure will seem to be a never ending process to those witnessing it from afar. Apologies.

link   
My major concern is that "they" Know those protesters after hearing this speech would head to the palace and news buildings....

I hope there not walking in to a massive trap,

link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Well, extreme circumstance call for extreme measures. Unfortunately, our government is on the wrong side of the fence or otherwise why not send in Delta to take of him. On the other hand, maybe the Mossad would do it.

If we take direct action it could blow up in our face.

We have to wait and see how the Egyptian military and the people react.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

This is a training of things for the future; it was pre-planned.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I would hope our troops would not go for that and even lay their arms down if ordered to shoot unarmed civilians, that would start something I do not even want to think about.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join