It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Pharoah won't let his people go. They need another Moses to throw some magic plagues at Hosni.

link   
Mubarak keeps on with the BS about this being orchestrated by foreign elements, that the protesters are being paid cash, and KFC to demonstrate. Nobody buys it, why do they continue? It's gonna be hard to grab him by the ear to pull him off the podium with his head so far up his butt.

link   
this will be rough, they are going to palace and the military wont allow that never will.

link   

Originally posted by asala
Demonstrators are saying to the Army "Take us to the palace" according to some on the ground,

oh yeah ... cant wait till they all march to the palace where Mubarak is hiding

i hope all Mubarak rich decorations will be looting like the NPR building
after that he will really have no choice to GTFO
NO MORE PRESIDENT PALACE = NO MORE PRESIDENT
its their only chance to free Egypt once and for all

give his billions dollard forture (50-75billions dollars) to the egyptian people
and maybe then the egyptians will forgive him for the 3 decade tyranny

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

These people are doing what many of us may be too afraid or too comfortable to do. Many others are so in between they don't know which way to turn.

One thing that does interest me now is how it seems to be about the economy of the country.
As some news reports said earlier that this is costing Approx 300 mil Dollars a day....

I wonder if the people of Egypt are able to sustain this protest until september if they have to.
mubarak and his cronies are one small group.. The people of Egypt are a massive ant hive full of busy workers able to get items they need from across borders if needs be..

This is now a seige.. The people have laid the government under seige, just as we used to do to our enemies holed up in their fortresses and castles.

Starve the beast!!!

link   
This is just madness! He is stepping down, then he isnt...its gonna be a long night for those people!

link   
The crowd in Alexandria is marching towards a military base in the north.
This was just reported on aljazeera.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Protesters march towards TV building according to some reporters on the ground in the square.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Al Jazeera: Crowd in Alexandria heading to military base.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
this will be rough, they are going to palace and the military wont allow that never will.

Unless.... The Army stand up with the people and cause a Coup?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
Al Jazeera: Crowd in Alexandria heading to military base.

its about time they move from this tahir square lol

why the military base .. ? so they can be accompagned to the president palace ?

hope so

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From Egypt sources:

The Tahrir is shaking from the shouting. Protesters are chanting: "Tomorrow we will go to the palace in millions. Tomorrow he will have to kill millions of martyrs". He is leaving no other option. He is not leaving this country as one piece. His speach was "me me me all about me". His personal pride & ego are making hi...m removed from reality

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would hope that some cooler heads prevail and the understandably upset crowd stays in the square...

For them to lose control and rush for the palace would be an invitation for disaster.. A trap if you will, it was a taped speech, the guy is probably not even in the palace, and with an earlier report that the journalists who went into the information ministry earlier today witnessed heavily armed military in place with firing points ready. I would think that the palace is probably more hunkered down.

As long as that crowd can remain relatively peaceful, they win... If they start raging, they will be made out to look like the bad guys.. especially in Mubarak's twisted world where he thinks that he is one with the people..

Stay in the square. my .02

link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Things are not as it seems.....I'm still hearing military is very much in charge; I also heard the speech was not in it's intirity either.

Not sure why the military is using this ploy for the time being but I'm still hearing there has already been a military coup! Got a feeling they are testing the crowds for future suituations (?)

Crowds in Alexandria now heading towards army at Presidential Palace.

link   
Not sure what to make about the youth comment, that one seems to be like he's implying something.

link   
CNN says Mubarak wants violence to end this quick.

link   
Wow, im speechless...

link   
Its allover CNN...Mubarak is just provoking now. So whats the next step? People are still outraged, hmmmmmmm...Find him, and take him out like the Italians did to Mussolini, and make an example of him to the public by hanging him upside down on Tahrir Square...I can't see any other options.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I would hope that some cooler heads prevail and the understandably upset crowd stays in the square...

For them to lose control and rush for the palace would be an invitation for disaster.. A trap if you will, it was a taped speech, the guy is probably not even in the palace, and with an earlier report that the journalists who went into the information ministry earlier today witnessed heavily armed military in place with firing points ready. I would think that the palace is probably more hunkered down.

As long as that crowd can remain relatively peaceful, they win... If they start raging, they will be made out to look like the bad guys.. especially in Mubarak's twisted world where he thinks that he is one with the people..

Stay in the square. my .02

After that speech... I'm pretty sure everyone in Egypt would be perfectly okay with a violent revolution. Seriously, that speech couldn't have been worse.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The BBC Paul Adams in Tahrir Square reports: "The mood in Tahrir Square has changed dramatically in the wake of President Mubarak's televised address. There is a deafening roar rising from the crowd with numerous chants calling for an end to the regime and "revolution till we die". The mood contrasts dramatically with the celebratory, almost party atmosphere that existed in the hours running up to his statement on television."

TILL WE DIE........

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join