It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DuneKnight

I've found Al Jazeera the most well balanced of all media corporations throughout this revolution; they also have the most viewers, most tweets on Twitter.
Aljazeera are the most balanced of the media outlets. Flat out. I switched to them a while ago, and I'm not looking back. They may not be perfect, but they're a pleasant breath of fresh air in a very stuffy room. Locked onto it through much of this revolution. I'm very pleased that the revoltion will be televised.
edit on 10/2/2011 by Acidtastic because: I missed words out. COME ON EGYPT!! WE STAND TOGETHER

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Even I believe in the Palestinians to have self rule....and if Israel does'nt step up to the plate, a bilateral nation is plan B and one that could pick up momentum internationally. They better come up with something viable soon if both people want to survive on the same land.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Mubarak statement - T-minus: 30 minutes

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I've thoroughly enjoyed them and I won't be switching either when it comes to the big stories...did you manage to watch some of their documentries inbetween filming?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wish this would happen here in America...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is rumor that he will only hand down soem power to the new VP Omar
lets hope thats not true.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Come on man, Military has already taken over......all ministers who speak now are broken and meaningless words.

I just hope Suleiman has'nt couped the coup!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
I wish this would happen here in America...

patience brother .. it will happen in America

ITS INEVITABLE

link   
I checked the last two pages and didn't notice anyone mentioning this, this story from Reuters talks about the Muslim Brotherhood saying this looks like a military coup.

CAIRO — A member of the Muslim Brotherhood said on Thursday he feared the army was staging a military coup, but later said any official comment from Egypt's biggest opposition group would depend on the final outcome.

And that's actually basically what everyone has about that. But yeah, the flip flopping is epic, this is a 3 ring media circus if I've ever seen one. This media flip flopping by the regime reminds me of the Bush crew. And no one in the spot light is pointing out that Constitutional Conservatism would solve everyone's problems. Instead we have a VP who no one seems to know much about, a military which has done relatively well with the protestors, who are basically the only stable institution within the country, thanks much in part to us. I don't think I've heard much of anything about other opposition parties giving out any sort of ideas for a Conservative Representative Republic or anything of that nature. If the parties get a hold of it, it would likely go into a more Muslim leaning than secular group, that's why I honestly prefer it in the hands of the military for the moment, even though the VP is technically supposed to get it. If the VP had power, even temporarily, that could be too easily used to incite people. Sadly, nothing else works but the sort of country we're supposed to have, but somewhat still have, everything else falls into shambles. But even that is very difficult to pull off, so when the biggest opposition group is the Muslim Brotherhood and 90% of Egypt is Muslim, and a Sharia-style Islamic State is for the most part the exact opposite of Constitutional Conservatism, that's a very uphill battle. That's why we get a lot of people, including much of the mainstream Conservative side, supporting Mubarak as a lesser of a few evils, much of that sadly stems from Israel's safety. It's sort of like invading Afghanistan or Iraq, many of the people there would much rather have had a stable dictatorship with running water and electricity than neither of those and guerrilla warfare.

So I would support the Constitutional Conservative solution to the Egypt government and, most importantly, economic structure, but there is no power in Egypt espousing these ideas, though I saw mentioned the military speaking of the constitution tonight, which now might not even happen. So that leaves us with Mubarak or an Islam-leaning party which will make things very slightly better, or far far worse. I would love for them to be able to make a working multi-party system or whatever, but look how that worked for the last 2 countries we propped up an illusion of a Republic, Karzai being a good example. So that likely leaves, regardless of how Muslim, a group that'll easily be used by the Illuminati to cause WWIII style problems with the whole Iran and Israel/Palestine situation. Ben Fulford says the remnants of the Illuminati actually want this riot fever to come to America so they could get there precious martial law, but I see it more as a WWIII style thing. The Illuminati don't have to start something to still use it completely to their advantage, and same goes for the Muslim Brotherhood, and this definitely is part of their last ditch efforts to impossibly create their global police state, even if it was added after the fact. This is definitely the new Tucson, and there's certainly more going on behind the scenes, it's certainly been interesting to watch. I personally can't wait to see what happens with this "military coup", especially after all of the contradictory statements coming from the media and regimes.

Added - To all those who wish this would happen in America, it already happened, and in far greater numbers, plus the election in November was a record schlacking, we've got a brand new world coming soon, and the November election completely sealed the deal. This was also along with some economic moves on the part of China and such, the multi-colored Dragon Societies, groups like the New Kremlin, what's referred to as BRIC, Brazil, Russia, India, China, and obviously Japan is there too, the Black and White Dragon Societies were integral parts and they're based in Japan. But it was our TEA Party style Conservative Ascendancy, our turning away from the media and liberalism, and our subsequent landslide election, giving us a far better Republican party, that completely turned the tide and has caused great disarray among the elite. Then we get things like the Fed judge declaring the HC Bill unconstitutional, the Repubs working on cutting the Fed gov, taking the EPAs cap and trade powers away and slicing their budget, Darrell Issa is looking into the various crimes and is finding it quite difficult, and Reid wouldn't even let the HC vote come up on the floor of the Senate.

Not even 1% of the country of Egypt is protesting, not very many women either, even compared to Iran, and there has been a good bit of violence and anti-American sentiment. We in America on the otherhand have been staging the Second Revolution for quite a while now, contrary to popular belief, it also has been very peaceful, certainly not racist, and very widespread. Plus we wouldn't be dumb enough to get suckered by the Muslim Brotherhood...just Karl Rove. If you wish we in America would be more like them, even though we've demonstrated far greater, then why don't you do more, make a website or stickers, make a Youtube video on Windows Movie Maker. I'm personally far more proud of us in America, especially the Conspiracy, Spirituality, and Alien Community.
edit on 10-2-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: Too much American Pride, just couldn't hold it in.

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I hope that you are right,

We shall see in less that 15 mins,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Definitely. There needs to be one huge forum website especial for Americans, where we can plan out a revolution or start recruiting people.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
what if this all ends in chaos and destruction? There is no desired outcome other than having mubarak leave but other than that its all bad really bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What if the plans behind the screens where, like this.

The people have spoken, we can not attack them while the world is watching.

How can we end these protest? Ah. The hardcore Amen-Ra military generals say we will take power. You Mubarak step down and leave. And under military law we kill em all, and then you come back as savour.
edit on 10-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

I've got a feeling from what I'm hearing from friends a povencinal Govt will takeover with support of military until things sorted out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

haha why not just wait 2 more years and vote for someone? why a revolution in the US? If that ever happens the world will end as we know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm going to throw you through your stargate in to new worlds if you say one more negative word

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CNN BREAKING: Egyptian Information Minister > Mubarak will not resign
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
what if this all ends in chaos and destruction? There is no desired outcome other than having mubarak leave but other than that its all bad really bad.

The 1999 military coup in Pakistan would be a good example of how things can go from bad to worse.

T-minus 10 min.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Because then we'll end up with another Obama/Bush that do nothing for the people. We will never come across another Reagan, unless people force it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mubarak statement - T-minus: 8 minutes

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join