It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New World Trading or America For Sale?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Whats going on with the trading world? There is a big shuffle occuring with the stock exchanges around the world.



The New York Stock Exchange, a symbol of American capitalism for more than two centuries, may soon have new owners — in Europe.

link1
link2
link3
link4
link5




posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229
 


Love how they twist that article to make it sound like America is doomed and for sale. Whatever. Its a good thing and a good idea, that keeps trading and business all over for investors and businesses. Its not a stab at any one country being for sale. It only makes sense Europe would have so many exchanges, as their are a great many diverse societies incorporated there. The Economy does not belong to America, it belongs to the world. I wish everyone would quit making it out that the world economy is solely America's responsibility. Its not, it belong to the whole world.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think it's more like an estate sale...



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by hp1229
 

Love how they twist that article to make it sound like America is doomed and for sale. Whatever. Its a good thing and a good idea, that keeps trading and business all over for investors and businesses. Its not a stab at any one country being for sale. It only makes sense Europe would have so many exchanges, as their are a great many diverse societies incorporated there. The Economy does not belong to America, it belongs to the world. I wish everyone would quit making it out that the world economy is solely America's responsibility. Its not, it belong to the whole world.

I thought the exchanges belonged to people who Invest regardless whose economy it is. And we are not talking about American Domination. We are talking about exchanges around the world that are being shuffled.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
American has been poor economic stewards getting into creative accounting to suck what ever they could out of the system and fail to fix it when it falls over. Perhaps it is better under the control of another nation to put some fair rules, reason and judgment back into the stock market. It is an important system for distribution of resources, consolidation of resources just kills society.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
American has been poor economic stewards getting into creative accounting to suck what ever they could out of the system and fail to fix it when it falls over. Perhaps it is better under the control of another nation to put some fair rules, reason and judgment back into the stock market. It is an important system for distribution of resources, consolidation of resources just kills society.

I am not sure about poor economic stewards. I feel that they were too GREEDY. But my concern is that what makes it safe that others will not be the same?



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think that;
The economy is about to crash.

And you should;
Sell your possessions.
Move to the woods.
Grow your own food.
Create a water storage system.
Get a .22 to hunt small game.
Prepare for Change.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
I think that;
The economy is about to crash.

And you should;
Sell your possessions.
Move to the woods.
Grow your own food.
Create a water storage system.
Get a .22 to hunt small game.
Prepare for Change.

Well. Never say Never.

But i'm still skeptical if its going to crash just yet.

However on your recommendations...Lets see..I can sell few possessions, not sure if I can move to the woods with 2 toddlers, I can definitely work on growing my own food but it wont be sufficient, I can definitely create a water storage system and get a .22 to hunt game (if any show up in my backyard)



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229
 




But my concern is that what makes it safe that others will not be the same?


There is going to be a lot of oversight on any deals and implementations that are done. One problem with the way things have been is that there are too few people that know exactly what is going on and even fewer with any capacity to act. With globalisation of the stock exchanges, there will be more review to just what is going on so any questionable practices will receive more pressure to get pushed out. The main battles will be with the different review boards that will want to check things out. I have confidence that what ever is decided will be strictly implemented, bankers maybe bastards but they watch the bottom line.

I agree that there are a lot of things to be concerned about, with more global oversight to the markets hopefully it can remove some of the more negative aspects. My biggest concern is if any mergers are rushed, that is when things will get missed and it could just end up as one big messy pile of do do. There is also a risk that some of the more powerful interests try and hijack the show to boost their profits, that is where review from many different boards can identify and neutralize these threats. As long as all the nations involved are committed to making a fair and balanced market then I see it as its best hope.



posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev
 

It would make sense to have things reviewed by other stakeholders instead of just the crooks from wall street to manage other people's money.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson ??

Chances are the relative rebalancing of living standards across the world will happen with a whimper rather than a bang.

LINK

Read the link above. When it comes to paychecks, Wall Street's law of gravity is back in full force: What goes down must come back up.

In 2010, total compensation and benefits at publicly traded Wall Street banks and securities firms hit a record of $135 billion, according to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal. The total is up 5.7% from $128 billion in combined compensation and benefits by the same companies in 2009.

The increase was fueled by a revenue rebound as the financial crisis recedes in the rearview mirror. At 25 large financial firms that have reported full-year results, revenue rose to $417 billion, another all-time high, even though last year's 1% increase was just a fraction of the industry's revenue jolt from 2008 to 2009 as trading and investment banking sprang back to life.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join