It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something to pass on for something we will all share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i was laying in bed last night, not depressed, just couldn't sleep, and i couldn't get this idea out of my head...

one of nature's coincidences that we will all share in the experience of, is death. i am not meaning to be drab, or depressing or pessimistic, this thread is actually aimed in the opposite direction. and by coincidence, i don't mean 'freak accident', or 'it's a small small world', i mean we will all coincide certainly in at least the one same incident, that being death. of course we all share life as well, but why i bring this to attention, is for maybe a little bit of enlightenment, or morale boost.

what would be some advice you would want to pass along before you die? it can be something you thought up on your own, something quoted, it may even be in your signature.

the 2 main ideas that come to my mind are as follows:

1. feel with all you have. try every emotion, glad, sad, mad, etc. it's all about the experience!

2. live everyday like it's the last one you have, who knows, it just may be!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Life is with God.

Jesus said who believeth in Him will live. I don't know what the others are doing now, but they aren't exactly living.
Living up to their death.

Disobedience to God results in death.

Receiving forgiveness for your sins is the key for life.

Maybe you don't need to die. I've pondered on this issue a lot. One doesn't have to die. A life where death occurs seems so pityfull.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

i completely agree, and i forgot to mention that i believe both life and death are only part of the cycle that we all will experience as well. i don't think we are granted all the answers to the questions of life until we play through this cycle many times.

edit on 10-2-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

My advice, take advanced genetics in college and cure age, so we may live long lives. I honestly believe our life spans are to short, and because of which, our minds to not fully develop.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Disobedience to God results in death.

Just as the OP states. LIFE itself results in death. Disobedience to god and obedience to god both result in death.

My advice I would want to pass on is to not fear those who speak of a vengeful god who will cause your death if you do not follow him.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Divinity, be as our companion in life!

Bless us with the holy spirit and all wisdom and knowledge.

Yeah!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

lolol, i like your response, when i read your post i immediately got the image in my head of someone standing on a street corner with a sandwich sign saying THE END IS NIGH! REPENT!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well no, I state we don't have to die. It's not a normal issue but it is so often happened we thought it began to be common.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

and i agree with you. i don't think death is or has to be what humanity has made it seem to be... it is not the end, it is only another chapter in the book, another step we take. dying, to me, is not an all encompassing dark void, but a turning point in what we think to be 'real' as in material or physical 'realness'...

another quote i always thought highly of

-every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All i know about my life, it was not god that wrecked my life, but humans. So what ever happens in my future i will always believe that.

Yep one day we die, when that day comes, so be it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
we're good at figuring things out. How we adore the knowledge of the Lord. What bliss that comes with the understanding. I wish you the very best.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

It might take too long to turn the lights back on
I guess I lay awake, I guess I'll lay here and pray
Could you pour me one more drink? A glass of gasoline
Help me burn my pain, light me up in the rain
My so-called life is so good

Why do we die?
Why do we die?
Slow down

You wonder how I’ve been, you ain’t been checking in
Just hope my vital signs would send me home again
My baby’s in the grass, Jesus on the dash
I drive myself insane just hoping I could stay
My so-called life is so good

Why do we die?
Why do we die?
Slow down

Slow down, slow down, slow down, slow down

When deserts turn into floods, White orchids cover with mud
No magic carpet today, not today
Who takes the reigns when I’m gone disintegrate from my throne?
No magic carpet today, not today

Why do we die?
Why do we die?
Why do we die?
Why do we die?

top topics

join