It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Didn't Look That Good...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Political madness indeed. Thanks to a middle aged man who is either going through a mid-life crisis or just lacks basic common sense the taxpayers have yet another bill.

Since Chris Lee resigned there will be a special election to select a replacement. Who pays for it? We do.

Taxpayers will pick up the tab for a special election in the 26th district of New York following Congressman Chris Lee's rapid fall. So what's the tab?

About a million dollars. That's my rough estimate, give or take about a quarter million, based on a number of special elections and estimated costs in other districts.

Really?

He should pay it. The whole kit and caboodle. He was soley responsible for failing to resist the urge to flex in front of a mirror, take a picture and put it online. The simple fact that he didn't have the common sense to know he would be caught should cost him extra.

He could always pull in extra money by posing in calendars.

He certainly didn't look like a million dollars (who does?), but that is the tab we are left holding. If he had any kind of honesty in him, he would offer to foot the bill.

www.13wham.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ya know I didn't like this nit the first time he ran.Now he finally demonstrated just how stupid I thought he was.Your right he should have to pay the freight on his own.I'm getting tired of having to pay for idiots like him who can't find the fanny with both hands.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Great idea. If not themselves then at least the party to which they are affiliated, RNC, DNC... Maybe the parties would then see that candidates are fully vetted before they endorse them, though I realize their would still be those who fall through the cracks. I also think this should apply when the candidate quits. On a side note...I wonder if the pay is pro-rated in such instances. I think it should be fully refunded as well.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've never understood why these politicians resign when they get publicly embarrassed. Like the rest of us, they should take their lumps and continue on. If their peers censure or eject them from office - or if the voters recall them, so be it. But I've always felt it a cowardly act to resign just because one's image is tarnished.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Was that all he did, flex in front of a mirror, take a pic and post it online? Did he harass anyone with this picture or was it just added to his profile or something? What is wrong with that? Does it go against the christian values that semi-nudity is wrong and animal like? I don't understand. Is it just a media frenzy trying to out scoop the next guy?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
total media frenzy over nothing. we have become such judgmental finger pointers... who cares about someones sex life!? it's their business. and for the record, i'd hit it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
I've never understood why these politicians resign when they get publicly embarrassed. Like the rest of us, they should take their lumps and continue on. If their peers censure or eject them from office - or if the voters recall them, so be it. But I've always felt it a cowardly act to resign just because one's image is tarnished.

ganjoa

Could not agree more. he seemed to be secure enough to do what he did, not be secure enough to deal with the consequences. Seriously though,whats wrong with all the politicos in NY? Perhaps the people of the great state need to choose their political leaders a little more carefully. I seem to remember them also putting a woman from Arkansas that was born in Illinois into office....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yeah it does suck that the Tax Payer has to fit the bill & I see it everywhere - When you get fired from a job who pays to re-hire another individual - not the one who got fired - simply put this is a position that the TP originally funded to get him in sooo you have to pay for another - I do agree he should pay some kind of restitution just due to the simple fact he was ina position of Public trust....but it'll never happen....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Well folks I won't try to defend the state of New York politics.However the people we get to vote for are selected by the parties they represent .New York has been crookeder than a pan of guts for as long as I can remember,Although I think that Illinois has us beat.Let me clue you in on how it works here.

Everything happens behind closed doors.Particularly at the state level.The leader of the state senate and the leader of the legislature and the governer meet behind closed doors and decide how the state will be run.Then they decide how the senate and legislature will vote.The big three run everything.When one of them tries to get a leg up over one of the others everything gridlocks and nothing gets accomplished.This is why Patterson failed.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Oh trust me I know, I am from the other end of the GWB and our state isnt really much better either. Christie is doing the best that he can, but sometimes its hard when you think about what he has to work with.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Shame they can't run things the way the people want .I have a theory about this I'm going to post later today when I finish writing it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pedroroach
Was that all he did, flex in front of a mirror, take a pic and post it online? Did he harass anyone with this picture or was it just added to his profile or something? What is wrong with that? Does it go against the christian values that semi-nudity is wrong and animal like? I don't understand. Is it just a media frenzy trying to out scoop the next guy?

Well what he really did was post this trolling to get laid.He's married ,in this state that's called adultry and not only grounds for divorce but it's illegal.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

see above

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

I don't care if he slept with all of Long Island. He quit over it. He wasn't forced out. His choice will cost the taxpayers. That's not being judgemental.

On the judgemental side I do think what he did was dog dirty. He was married. But I am not his wife and I would prefer that no one had to pay for his choices.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

I agree with you. Buck up or get out of the truck. He would not have been the first to stick it out in this situation. He will recieve bad press anyway. Quitting will not change that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
there are 5000 pederasts in the pentagon not being investigated but this is a massive scandal?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Well Im game. Make a thread , post some links with evidence, tell us about it!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

That is a pretty hefty allegation. I am with the above poster. Some evidence would be nice. Then that could be reported to the media. If this is the case someone needs to know.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

this was news a month or two ago, i believe it was even on fox news...it is definitely not from a bs source...im sure there is a thread or two on it already, shouldnt be too hard to find, but i got other stuff to do besides finding out what i already know...but good luck in your search for it...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why did he feel the need to resign?

Dunno.

Why do the voters feel the need to make any sight of skin or lack of puritanical austerity out to be a horrifying scandal?

Still dunno

top topics

join