It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump - Sarah Palin Can't Win, but I Can.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Donald Trump: Sarah Palin Can't Win But I Can

“I don't think there is a leader right now of the [GOP] candidates. Romney, I guess, would be somebody that people are thinking about, but it's not resonating,” he said. “Sarah Palin is somebody that I happen to like, I just don't think she can win the election, and a lot of people agree.

“She can win [primaries] perhaps, but she can't – she can't win the election. I can tell you [President Barack] Obama is dying to run against Sarah Palin.”

Trump said that if elected, he would reassess U.S. foreign policy, especially the relationship with China, whom he considers "the enemy."

He's right. Sarah Palin can't win. But he could. And I could see Obama just luv'n it if Sarah Palin was the GOP nominee. He'd have no trouble winning re-election. Funny thing though .. they are both equally unqualified to be in the position of POTUS, but people would stick with him rather than rock the boat and put her in. IMHO

Trump .. he might have trouble with not being able to fire people that disagree with him. You can't fire elected representatives and you can't be an economic dictator in DC. He has no military experience and as a Commander in Chief I'd doubt his ability. But the war these days is economic just as much as it's terrorist related, so on the economic war front he'd probably do very well whereas Obama is failing and making the USA a laughing stock around the world.

He'd be a better candidate than Palin, Romney, Newt, or Huckabee ... IMHO
Anyways .. I agree .. Palin couldn't win but Trump might be able to.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I would vote for trump just like i voted for obama... I WOULD'NT
.. I wont be held accountable for putting that type of garbage in office..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree that Palin would fail.
I'm afraid the Donald might not fair much better due to his perceived arrogance, and actions on his "your fired" show.

He might be a fantastic leader though, and I would like to see him give it a go.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We must hold ourselves to a higher standard than electing filthy rich Reality TV personalities to lead our country in these troubled times.. or ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
We must hold ourselves to a higher standard than electing filthy rich Reality TV personalities to lead our country in these troubled times.. or ever.

At least some one is thinking with their head. Come on whats next people..Sooki for secretary of state.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the people running for POTUS these days are just as unqualified as the reality TV personalities .. perhaps even more so. Trump has better economic experience and understanding of international economics then any of the so-called front runners (Obama, Palin, Huckabee, Romney). Hillary Clinton understands international finance ... I still dont' understand whey the dems didn't go with her for POTUS .. she's much better qualified then Obama. Anyways, she understands it better then the rest of the politicians.

Perhaps a Clinton/Trump ticket for the dems in 2012.
That'd be interesting (and better than obama/biden).

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

At least some one is thinking with their head. Come on whats next people..Sooki for secretary of state.

*Claws eyes out and jumps out a plate glass window*

Let's not even make jokes like that. I've got a grim enough vision for the future already!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I respect your feeling about rich=evil if I read you right, but I still gotta ask.
Why?
Has he not proven his ability to succeed in America?
Do you think someone else knows how to "work" the system better because they have less money?

I just don't see logic in your statement, I see emotion.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Just saying this is what we have been reduced too as Americans we can almost always expect a fool, Or a pawn to be put in office..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just seen trumplast night on cnn's pierce morgans show.
He talked my kind of language pertaining to CHINA
HE QUOTED--CHINA is our [enemy]
CHINA is planning our demise
CHINA needs a 25 percent tarrif on their goods.
OPEC he attacked also with words.
He would get my vote just in the way he knows how to deal with enemies of the usa--TOUGH ACTION!!!!

REMEMBER BUY CHINAS GOODS AND [YOU] ARE THE ENEMY!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CHEDwick

I believe he does not no how to work the system.. Just screw it up even further then it already is..Come on man

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I like Donald Trump and would like to see him give it a go. I couldn't say at this point whether he would get my vote or not, but I would not toss him right out because of his "entertainment" show.

I would love to hear more from him though. I have listened to him talk about some of the country's issues and he makes a lot of sense. IMO we could use a little more of that these days.

He has some positives going for him in my book. One of the big advantages (I feel) is the fact that the man has not always been filthy rich. I think a lot of problems in government come from the fact that most were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. They haven't got a clue as to how the common folks live, what they need, what they value, or their every day struggles. They have never known what it is like to work a 60 hour week for 40 pay.

Trump is also appreciative of the oppurtunities that America offers. I feel he truly loves this country and would try to improve it.

Again, I would need to hear more from him before I just trip over myself to vote (if in fact he does run) for him.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Unfortunately, the people running for POTUS these days are just as unqualified as the reality TV personalities .. perhaps even more so. Trump has better economic experience and understanding of international economics then any of the so-called front runners (Obama, Palin, Huckabee, Romney).

That is true, I suppose in my sweeping condemnation I forgot that he is a successful business man first, and understands economics. I'm still wary though. Wall Street gets Obama to jump through hoops and he was a senator before. I wonder what they could get Donald to do?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I would be willing to give Trump a chance, whichever side of the aisle he is on.

If it came down to Trump or a career politician I would vote Trump in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by CHEDwick

I believe he does not no how to work the system.. Just screw it up even further then it already is..Come on man

You come on now. Please show me how the system is working Trump.
Show me some of the Trump screw ups that cause this type of thinking.
Come on man, show me the bad vs good, not these emotional decisions.

Logic rules

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHEDwick
I respect your feeling about rich=evil if I read you right, but I still gotta ask.
Why?
Has he not proven his ability to succeed in America?
Do you think someone else knows how to "work" the system better because they have less money?

I just don't see logic in your statement, I see emotion.

You're right, it is more emotion than logic. I am continually horrified and shocked by the current level of control powerful business lobbies have over U.S. laws, regulations, and funding. Our government panders to them enough without having a powerful business man as the president.

It's probably unfair for me to assume these things, but I don't have it in me to give the benefit of the doubt to our country's potential leaders anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Palin and Trump are delusional...neither of them could win...and neither of them will be allowed to win the Republican nomination. Primaries don't have to be fair...there really are no rules to make primaries fair...the Republican party can steer it which ever way they want...and they don't want Palin or Trump.

I would LOVE for either of them to run...it would be a circus even if it is just for the primaries. But if either of them would somehow in a crazy world get the nomination...then Obama is getting a 2nd term...and that is fine with me.

It seems like some Republicans are thinking they need a big, well known name to run against Obama because his name is so well known...but that strategy will fail.

I have been saying this for awhile now...Romney is the Republicans best chance against Obama...but I don't see the Republican voters being able to lay down their prejudice and vote for a Mormon.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The media will promote anybody as being a good candidate for office as long as his or her name isn't Ron Paul.
'Ooh, Shiny!'

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

SIGHHhhhh.

I really Really would like to vote FOR a politician instead of against the bankers hand picked puppets.

Well it looks like Trump is not a Bilderberger (YET) and at least understands business. But I think he will be running against Hillary not Obama. I can not see Obama running again.

Here is why:
When the new 1099 tax change hits businesses in 2012 you are going to see a bunch of VERY ANGRY people.

There are 25.4 million businesses in the USA and only 17,000 are large businesses. 50% of US jobs are generated by those 25 million small businesses so many of the workers are going to here the boss b**ching and moaning.

Now think about it:
EVERY store clerk,
EVERY salesmen,
EVERY gas station attendant,
EVERY Motel front desk person
ANYONE who sells to a business person or anyone who fills out an expense sheet to get reimbursed for funds is going to have to go through the hassle of exchanging Business Name, Address and tax number and making sure the information is correct for EVERY purchase they make.

You thought waiting in line at Walmart was bad a Christmas...

And all those people are going to complain LOUDLY to their friends.

And that does not include the 2.1 million very angry farmers impacted by the food safety Law and the resulting sharp increase in food prices.

2012 is going to be a very interesting year as those two changes impact a lot of people and the US economy takes another nose dive.

Now all we have to do is make sure we do not elect more PTB puppets.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
I think he will be running against Hillary not Obama.

I still don't get why the dems didn't go with Hillary instead of Obama. She's sooooo much more qualified than he is. I mean .. they are both NWO puppets, but their resumes are very different ... with her's outshining his in every way thinkable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join