It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?s between shamnism and christianity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I consider my self an open minded thinker always pursueing the truth in all fields of life. I do not feel like part of the modern world and I would rather live in the old days before electricity. I have been raised as a christian but never felt like part of the church as I got older. I have always been sympathetic and intrigued by the plight of the Native Americans and their connection to the land. I have tripped on mushrooms and had visions as a younger man. I felt like I was searching for the answers to the world that I could not answer I still am. In anyones opinion do they think that it would be sinful to pursue shamanism as a christian. I believe in God as a creator of the world also shamans believe father sky mother earth. Im just wondering if taking a shaman journey speaking to the spirits and being close to the earth will that give you a greater state of consciousness. I am very conscious of all maters of life I see how people are so consumed with them selves and they are not on touch with anything. I am so far away from other people because they dont care about anything but themselves and that makes me out of touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

If you are interested in Shamanism, see if there is a local tribe that would let you sit in on sweat lodges or similar. In the Utah/Idaho area there are a lot of people interested and many such gatherings.

Otherwise, look around, if it makes you happy and doesn't harm anyone-do it.

But please edit your title so "Shamnism" is spelled "Shamanism"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My advice is Let go of your god for a month and see how happy you become.. In my option all religion does is hold us back as human beings..we chose to believe in such fairy tale imaginary beings and base our life's around them accepting us, and always ask would "god" approve of this..

God can't Approve nor disapprove of anything you do my friend.. You see god is the universe simply put.. I know it is not easy accepting The fact that A god you have always been told existed, In fact does not.. But with time you will find peace with that, And also your self.

I can't bring my self to believe in such a being that wars and death are based around..I can't believe in such a being that the existence of can not and will never be proven..

Please break your self from these limitations and chains that were PLANTED in your head by religion.. You will be much better off my friend..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I looked into this awhile back and have done several shaman journeys and I can assure you they are a positive experience, well mine were anyway and I haven't heard of anyone having a negative experience.

The places I traveled to were very interesting and inciteful and I will definetely venture to do more, I think they are a very personal experience and will have special meaning for you, but in saying that sometimes you will get messages pertinant to others in your circle, either way you will get a massage or a healing of some sort.

My advice, Go for it,it's all good.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Im definetly interested to take a journey but from what ive learned you need to have a specific reason or question for your spirit host or power animal. Since learning more about shamanism the crow always appears and flys towards me and I have gotten much closer to the earth and had a larger desire to learn about nature. As far as my religeon I accept the lord but I also accept him as the master of the universe the spirit and the energy in all of us. As far as wars waged in Gods name or for christianity i believe that is just the human condition people manipulating others through religeon for their own gain. But I am on a mission to find peace in myself and with nature this is just a human eperience.

Sorry about the spelling of shamanism i usually get it right just didnt look before i hit post.
edit on 10-2-2011 by teotwawki77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join