It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Damaging Process of Derailing Threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Clearly not a band called "Maitreya." But you can get as creative as you like with other possibilities. I dont care if people think I am a spy or disinfo agent. You know why? Because Im not, and because Im not, I dont need them to trust me.

Lol. I just find it funny you would be so mad. I am sure on this site somewhere there is a place you can make a thread about a band, and title it appropriately, and I will never find it. Because I never, ever, knowingly enter threads about bands. If you hadnt pretended it was about a possible candidate for the actual Maitreya, I wouldnt have been in your thread at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Clearly not a band called "Maitreya." But you can get as creative as you like with other possibilities. I dont care if people think I am a spy or disinfo agent. You know why? Because Im not, and because Im not, I dont need them to trust me.

Lol. I just find it funny you would be so mad. I am sure on this site somewhere there is a place you can make a thread about a band, and title it appropriately, and I will never find it. Because I never, ever, knowingly enter threads about bands. If you hadnt pretended it was about a possible candidate for the actual Maitreya, I wouldnt have been in your thread at all.

Actually my thread was all about this artist being the candidate for Maitreya or i wouldnt not have titled the thread..

"could this really be the long awaited Maitreya"

So it was not about the music , in fact it was about the message the artist was bringing which is what i reiterated in the thread..

What you did was put emphasis on the artsist and the music and not the message... forcing ATS to move the thread into the music section.

it is people like you that i do not like here on ATS , you have no consciounce of the consequences of your actions on others.

So go ahead and kick whatever facts make you feel vindicated.. im my opinion you are not one of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

If you don't like a thread move on... do not try to damage it by leaving an opinion that strays from the point of the OP.

I think your point here is that you want people to agree with you or not post at all.
That's just not the way it works. Matter of fact, some of the worst things I've seen are threads that pretty much only have one opinion being viewed and no one to stand for the other side of the coin. Neither side has to be right but both sides need to be heard.

Instead we are a collection of the dumbest most freely expressive people on Earth.

Besides the point i am making is that even when you have a valid not threatening post people will still come along and write bullcrap which has absolutly no relevence to the subject matter at hand...

It happens all the time and i see in almost every thread... sometimes i actually believe that ATS has mods with additional profiles so they can flame a thread anonymously and have it moved to a section with mush less attention.

In any case what i say isnt going to change anything really... dumb people and those with agendas will prevail on ATS there really is no way of stopping the tide of ignorance.

Well,
These statements are all pretty impressive. They obviously go a long way towards making you less likely to get respect for your opinions and more likely to be trolled.

You are too emotionally involved here. It's not always about being right or even arguing but that's what you have to do sometimes to make a point and hold your own here as a strong contributing member. The use of disparaging remarks towards everybody like that first one don't help.

Getting upset with people who "come along and write bullcrap" will only encourage them to write more BC because they know they got your goat.

Accusing the mods of having an alternate profile so they can flame you is simply silly....and a little paranoid.

Dumb people and those with agendas?
Don't we all have an agenda?

Isn't that agenda to get your point across to others or to learn from them?
It should be. It's worthwhile.

Worthwhile things arent always easy. Sometimes they take work.

Don't feel so put upon and don't take things so seriously.

Ignore the little children who tease you and carry on with your threads and posts.

Hold your ground but don't waste time on trolls. Don't let them run your emotions.

Be patient. It will come together. It's worth the time and effort to be a part of this site.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Then maybe you should have taken the other "disinfo agent, spy, not one of us," in that threads advice when they suggested to you you add some comment of some kind in your OP instead of just posting several titled music videos.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I think any step in this direction will be a bad step. For a start, regardless of how much a person can FEEL a statement, or THINK a statement, there are matters like facts, figures and socialy acceptable behaviour that have to be observed and respected.
For instance: If someone makes a thread about how great Hitler was, then Im going to post against that position. Im not going to just shut up because what I have to say doesnt suit the OP position. And lets face it, if someone wrote an OP that boiled down to "Up is down, left is right, and black is white" and NO ONE posted against that postition, we would officialy be a collection of the dumbest least freely expressive people on Earth.

Instead we are a collection of the dumbest most freely expressive people on Earth.

Besides the point i am making is that even when you have a valid not threatening post people will still come along and write bullcrap which has absolutly no relevence to the subject matter at hand...

It happens all the time and i see in almost every thread... sometimes i actually believe that ATS has mods with additional profiles so they can flame a thread anonymously and have it moved to a section with mush less attention.

I have seen this many times as well and i have my suspicions...

In any case what i say isnt going to change anything really... dumb people and those with agendas will prevail on ATS there really is no way of stopping the tide of ignorance.

Mods with additional profiles flaming threads??!!
This is bullcrap.
Bullcrap, bullcrap and more bullcrap.
In fact I would go so far as to say....I have never seen so much bullcrap.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Then maybe you should have taken the other "disinfo agent, spy, not one of us," in that threads advice when they suggested to you you add some comment of some kind in your OP instead of just posting several titled music videos.

I notice how you got your little gang to join you... neat trick

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyway im done with this thread, its been derailed... what a shocker!

ill leave it for the ATS admin to move it to the trash bin..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ATS needs a Best Of area to put stuff like this

I'm not sure what you want people to do, but nothing is going to change..

Thanks for making me giggle though,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Anyway im done with this thread, its been derailed... what a shocker!

ill leave it for the ATS admin to move it to the trash bin..

No.
Not ready for the trash.
If the OP just up and runs away every time he doesn't have everyone agree with him....he won't learn nothin.

nakiannunaki,

A lot of members spent some time trying to explain things to you for YOUR BENEFIT.

Your thread wasn't derailed. You bailed...because you don't want to learn to play with the rest of the members.
You may be sensitive or just not really understand what goes on here but I think maybe you really don't have the ability to see anyone elses opinions as valid.
(That last sentence was a real nice way to say you come off like a self centered kid. My opinion...not a proven fact)

You need to toughen up if you want to participate.
edit on 10-2-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Agreed! S and F
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Exactly....

It seems that there is some confusion between posting legitimate replies which contain opposing or varying views and or opinions with "Trolling/Derailing" a thread.

If the object of the OP was to write a thread where no one posted an opposing opinion and or view then maybe ATS is not the medium or place for their control issues. This is a public forum and is open to many opinions even opposition. Now I've seen threads get derailed by the original posters all the time, yet when somebody replies with similar banter they then get accused by the poster of derailment. Meanwhile this is routinely preceded by page after page of non topic related replies posted by the very person accusing others of trolling and derailment.

So it goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
• If your ideas, opinions, or beliefs are challenged with legitimate rebuttals, counter-rebuttals, and/or alternate conclusions based on facts/proof and/or logical reasoning.....

• If you are legitimately proven wrong, debunked, or challenged...

If you can't handle these things... go join a role-play fantasy forum board where you can make-believe all you want.

If you are insulted, trolled, or harassed, either ignore them, or show forgiveness to your opponent, or report the person to a Moderator, or grow thicker skin, or lower yourself to their level and return insult, or run to your bed and cry.
Perspective.
Change your perspective, change your life.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me."

Personally, I enjoy Freedom of Speech. I would not want to censor the words of my most horrible of adversaries.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As already stated in various different ways Trolls and de-railers are awesome!

If you are presenting good information and you have a solid stance all the trolls in the world couldn't derail your well formed thoughts. It is the stress test of your ideas, relish it, love it, and thank them for making your ideas stronger.

If you get derailed by a troll it is time to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate either your ideas or the presentation. Maybe PM some of the other posters who agreed with you and ask for advice as to how better present the information, or if you have a real set PM the dissenters and get a better idea of their objections so you can preform arguments to counter their objections.

Life is a constant series of education and improvement and it is our enemies and dissenters who teach us the most.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join