It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love your neighbour as you love your self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Love your neighbour as you love your self

This is a well known quote. As Jesus pronounced it it must have been valid for him as well yes?
So Jesus loves his neighbour(all of us) as he loves him self(God)

So Jesus saw God in all of us? Namaste anyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scratchmane

I think not!
I remember when i was younger, my father tried this and my mother got mad at him for it.
3rd line.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

No way on earth will i respect people for what they did to me. I understand what it means, but no way on earth would i ever have anything to do what amounts to just scum who wanted me dead.

You have to be practical in this world, and if people want you dead, you telling us that a person should treat them with respect.

For me no way.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

No way on earth will i respect people for what they did to me. I understand what it means, but no way on earth would i ever have anything to do what amounts to just scum who wanted me dead.

You have to be practical in this world, and if people want you dead, you telling us that a person should treat them with respect.

For me no way.

I'm not telling you anything. All I am saying is that Jesus seemingly saw God in everything. Judge not lest thee be judged?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What ever is above us, know there is not anything wrong in my life.

So i care not if useless people with inadequate minds, try and make up rubbish like they did about me. Humans can judge me all they want, my experience of this is they are always wrong.

I am just saying from my point of view, its not practical to have that view, as people mainly are scum, and they want to wreck your life.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

What ever is above us, know there is not anything wrong in my life.

So i care not if useless people with inadequate minds, try and make up rubbish like they did about me. Humans can judge me all they want, my experience of this is they are always wrong.

I am just saying from my point of view, its not practical to have that view, as people mainly are scum, and they want to wreck your life.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The people who are mainly scum(according to you) embody the part that creates darkness.

Practical or not, if it is the truth should we shy away from it?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

But with regards to my life, i just ignore these, what else is a person to do. You have to take jesus words, and be able to live on earth with people to the best you can. People want to make you dead, you cannot do much but ignore them can you?

But i know what you mean, but people in general laugh about anything good and being of any light in terms of what you mean.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

But with regards to my life, i just ignore these, what else is a person to do. You have to take jesus words, and be able to live on earth with people to the best you can. People want to make you dead, you cannot do much but ignore them can you?

Good question.

But i know what you mean, but people in general laugh about anything good and being of any light in terms of what you mean.

I'm sorry my grammatical abilities reached an impasse with this sentence, could you clarify?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Do you go with the statement, I punish you because I love you.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Do you go with the statement, I punish you because I love you.

I'm not sure what you mean, are you asking if the statement "I punish you because I love you" is a truism?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Do you believe in punishment out of love. Offcourse the punished must have done something wrong. Do you believe in punishment out of love. Don't you understand this?

better, do you know the value of raising children hardhanded.

Then again, do you feel what punishment out of love is?

To care about your children and fellow men.
edit on 2011/2/11 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Better, is the opportunity granted to you to care?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Do you believe in punishment out of love. Offcourse the punished must have done something wrong. Do you believe in punishment out of love. Don't you understand this?

There are many ways to communicate. Belief seems irrelevant to this

Better, is the opportunity granted to you to care?

"Is the opportunity granted to me to care?" Who grants it?, I am again perplexed by your choice of grammar.

top topics

join