It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a few questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
How do enter my location and mood?

Where do I add my signature?

Why do I have to go into a thread to bring up the "ribbon" why isn't it there all the time?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If i knew i would share. What I would do is contact any moderator or O.P. in any forum.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
How do enter my location and mood?

Where do I add my signature?

You can find all of those things here.

Originally posted by roughycannon

Why do I have to go into a thread to bring up the "ribbon" why isn't it there all the time?

Thanks!

The ribbon self closes after a couple of seconds... To bring it back up simply click on the "show ribbon" that is always in the lower right hand side of your window.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The ribbon only shows when you are in a thread not when you are on the homepage for example, when I come to the site I need to go into a random thread to bring up the ribbon so I can click on my threads to see if people have answered me, its a bit counter productive...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I'd never noticed that before. I tend to stay on the "recent posts" page, which has the ribbon. This thread can remain open so that the admins can see it. Maybe they have more insight into this.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Go to the Recent Posts page, and the ribbon is there as well. That way you don't have to open a random thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah but its still creating that "extra" step for me to get into my threads bit...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
why don't you bookmark "My Threads"?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
because I like "clean" bookmarks, I'm a web designer and have about 300+ bookmarks in different folders I don't want to have 2 for certain sites to keep the clutter down, just saying if this was my site I'd have the ribbon on every page, kinda like a toolbar just makes sense to me...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The button that says tools (in the top 1/8 of the page) will get you to where you need to go

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Ok I can understand that. My "link" is just in the most visited on my infotainment desktop, try to keep work and self separated.

I agree with you it should be accessible on every page, if a programming moderator is considering this, look at the result of search page too, you don't have links back, so if you can place the ribbon there too, I would appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Yeah but that's still 1 extra click the same as before, I know I'm being petty but it just seems weird to restrict it from certain pages, just out of curiosity what was the design reason to hide the tool bar on certain pages?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
herp, i thought everyone used myATS as their default view.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Nah the first place I go is the new topics page, on that page I get the latest flags and latest replies everything I need and that page also happens to one that doesn't have the ribbon

I really think the site owners should redesign the whole site to suit me...

new topics

top topics

join