It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Börse in Talks to Buy the Big Board ( NY Stock Exchange )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

German Börse in Talks to Buy the Big Board ( NY Stock Exchange )

dealbook.nytimes.com

The New York Stock Exchange, a symbol of American capitalism for more than two centuries, may soon have new owners — in Europe.

The exchange, facing pressure from electronic upstarts that have taken business away from it, said on Wednesday that it was in advanced talks on a merger with the operator of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. A deal would create the world’s largest financial market, with a presence in 14 European countries as well as the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has caught onto this story as of yet...

The New York Stock Exchange on the verge of being sold to Europe?

Sounds like a step further into the "global financial" enterprise, echoing the "global government" stuff we keep hearing about...i.e. "one world bank"?

Alright, let's hear it folks...Good thing? Or Bad? Selling of our Stock Exchange to Europe?

dealbook.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wouldn't surprise me..
The same thing was recently tried on our Austrailian Stock Exchange..
The ASX..

Seems we are the "crash test dummies" to see if the US will accept it..

BTW, so far it's failed here so have hope..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A second source covering this and other developments:

Global Stock Exchanges Are Headed for Major Consolidation

Germany's Deutsche Boerse is in advanced talks to buy NYSE Euronext, and the London Stock Exchange has agreed to buy Canadian stock market operator TMX, as exchanges globally look for ways to boost their markets and cut costs.

Full Story:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
interesting..could this be the end of the dollar, and the introdcution of the Euro to americans? change our currency?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Same thing happened with the Toronto Market Exchange, the media claims they are merging with London Exchange.

Not everyone is happy about this move they see it as a NWO move planning for a major market crash in the near future.

Only canadian businessmen see this as good plan your everyday joes aren't happy.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The clintons, obama, and bildergurgs have been plotting alot this past secrecy convention it seems

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The clintons, obama, and bilderburgs have been plotting alot this past secrecy convention it seems

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You know the S is about to HTF when they are selling off the NY Stock exchange.
It's like selling an old car with the engine on it's last legs and putting sawdust into the motor to stop the knocking so the buyer will buy it before it dies...

Well I hate what we are going to have to go through but perhaps it is time to get it over with...

edit on 10-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
double post
edit on 10-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
yup i was thinking the SAME THING! literally..made me think if NY socke xhange is bust, were in deep deep doo doo trouble economicly...man CEO bankers who got into congress at least since ronald reagan was in, ( reed i think orm meryl lynch, then secratary of treasury)...look at what theyve all daone down with corporate america. BUsh jr. helped bring this all in

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
are we talking about the Wall Street NYSE stock trading location
or are we talking about a NYSE-Euronext...an exchange run by the NYSE for European shares
of Stocks and related financial stuff?

i've heard on 'closing bell' that the German (Deutsch) organization would be the bigger
of the merger of equals...holding 59-60%.

in any case i think there's something wrapped-up in here...the 4th Reich? the USA becoming
as the Germans once were - fascist...through & through...or is this deal just the normal
economic predator consuming its prey?

there is this video... over 30 minutes long...........,[ and the last 5-9 minutes are a sales pitch]
but there is a lot of though provoking issues made in the presentation...
basically about the USD to hit the skids in the next 12 months
basically the USD to be replaced as a world reserve currency, to lose the petro-dollar status,
to be soon replaced by a basket of currencies: France/Germany/Russia/China/Japan/the Gulf
States/the members of the Shanghai Cooperation/ and Gold are all in the mix for a combined
replacement of the USD

other alternatives to the USD are proposed : Bancor
other alternatives in progress are: Berkshares ~already increased by 3.2 million notes~

the denial by the status-quo = aka 'Normalcy Bias'

See the text copy or listen to the audio accompanied by hand drawn graphics, remember
there is a final sales pitch in the last portion for the research institution to give you all the
printed info for a $49 yr discount price...(forget the 5 phamplets IMHO)
just so that you know i'm not pushing the product---just the info & thoughts about the crisis they bring up...

www.stansberryresearch.com...

i think there is a link to the USD crisis thats developing and the stock exchanges merger

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
at first, my reaction to this was kind of...
another nail put into the US coffin, but this catches my eye...

"The exchange, facing pressure from electronic upstarts that have taken business away from it"

Seems to be saying that a bunch of tech savy entrepreneurs have stiphoned off enough business from the stock exchanges, not only in america, but around the world.....that the stock exchanges are finding themselves having to do some major scrambling to stay alive....
I'm not sure that this is all bad.....
and, it's definately interesting!!
the stock exchanges are outdated and being replaced...by computer technology.....

now they know how many of us have been feeling for the past few decades!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
interesting..could this be the end of the dollar, and the introdcution of the Euro to americans? change our currency?

Or (putting on the tin-foil hat
) a move into the "one world currency"?

It appears that NUMEROUS stock exchanges are almost going through an escalation of CONSOLIDATION in recent times. Global wealth is being funneled into smaller and smaller groups of control.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I'm surprised no one has caught onto this story as of yet...

Well. I didnt get up until 0800 this morning and didnt see this thread. I started a thread below after 1000.
THREAD

edit on 10-2-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is also the Rumour in the News here in Germany that the Business will be transfered to New York if this suceeds.

I have a very,very bad Feeling about this. In my Mind this could crash our Economy if the Dollar goes down,or they could weaken the Euro to push the Dollar.

Dont like this...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
There is also the Rumour in the News here in Germany that the Business will be transfered to New York if this suceeds.
I have a very,very bad Feeling about this. In my Mind this could crash our Economy if the Dollar goes down,or they could weaken the Euro to push the Dollar.
Well. Its a logical thought but it can work both ways. Maybe they are preparing a disaster recovery site by having facilities in Germany and US when things should go wrong due to any number of reasons.

I just hope there are easier solutions then crashing the economy.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would Star and Flag the hell outta this thread now, if I could... check out this little vid I came across tonight... what's going on you guys? Can someone tell me? London buys up the Toronto - and possibly - Montreal's respective exchanges... and now this?
The Video Link Here

Really? What's next? They are showing their hand! Bad feeling!

See you on the Flipside
Stone

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StoneGarden

I can never seem to embed videos... dangit all! >
lol

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Could this be related to settling up the CDS fiasco? Germany held the bag on a lot of the rubbish, could the "buy" be more a settlement agreement? First the NSYE would suggest a low value, the sale would at a rock bottom price, when in fact it was all to cover major losses which now can't be covered by various contributors to the fraud.

In truth I don't see why it matters which country holds title, heck many ports and highways are owned by foreign entities of some sort. Your house is owned by a collective of folks from around the world - if you have a mortgage that is. What I think matters is what is going to be sold off or traded to cover the debts incurred via the mortgage backed securities problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join