It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Russian sailors die after ship sinks off South Korea hit by "unidentified vessel,"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Four Russian sailors died and seven others went missing when a Russian cargo vessel sunk off the South Korean coast on Wednesday, coastguards said.
The Alexandra, with a crew of 12 Russians, was on its way to China. "South Korean rescuers informed Vladivostok that the Cambodian flagged Alexandra cargo ship went down 16 miles off the port of Ulsan," a spokesman for the Vladivostok Coast Guard Center told RIA Novosti.
One sailor has been rescued, while a helicopter and several patrol boats are involved in the search for the other seven. "It cannot be ruled out that the cargo ship sunk after being hit by an unidentified vessel," the Vladivostok Coast Guard Center said.

Some pics to relate to this incident

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14b1b9e7d0a4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fb4e61ab07d.jpg[/atsimg]

An unidentified vessel...hmmm
From the pics you can see that the cargo vessel has been cut in half. So what could have happend to the other vessel and what kind of vessel could it been?

A Submarine, USO, Godzilla any ideas ATS members?

LINK to RIA Novosti
edit on 10-2-2011 by Hithe Merinos because: link added

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thats strange ,you would think that anything big enough to slice a tanker in half would be easy to identify .Unidentified,sure
do you have a link?
edit on 10-2-2011 by 12voltz because: of the killer whales

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
From the little knowledged gained from the information presented, it was probally
a small 16-20 foot boat loaded with explosives... I do not believe they would waste a big expensive boat
to be the sabator.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My guess would be Suicide Bomber/Pirates.....I'd say expect to see more of this

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Thank`s
Sorry i forgot the link
Link added

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Well this is only based on the info at hand and of course a lot of speculation but I will say false flag attack by an american sub torpedo all for the cause of obtaining russia's consent in a future attack and or "occupation" of north korea havent you heard muslim insurgents are so yesterday I meen this thing was ginsued in half seems to me like a boat filled with explosives would do a lot less damage and on the same note that much explosives would leave quit a bit more evidence wait it could be like the titanic maybe they hit an iceberg

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Bad russian welding?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Bad cambodian welding

The crew was russian but the ship sailed under Cambodian flag

UPDATE

Feb 10 (Reuters) - A Cambodian-flagged cargo ship sank off South Korea's east coast, killing four people and leaving seven missing, after colliding with a container vessel belonging South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries , the coastguard said on Thursday. Neither vessel was carrying any cargo, and there was no immediate sign of any leaks which could cause environmential damage, a spokesman at the Ulsan Coast Guard said, adding the incident was under investigation.

No Godzillas here

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

well for a start its not the same boat in the photos

man in the first photo has white gloves on
in the second photo there black
have a look at both boats there not the same

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Fair enough. Still SH#T welding.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin

well for a start its not the same boat in the photos

man in the first photo has white gloves on
in the second photo there black
have a look at both boats there not the same

Its the same boat.
just a different crew member in the shot, he also has a baseball cap on.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14b1b9e7d0a4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fb4e61ab07d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-2-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If you notice the vessel is in calm seas and there is no mention of any heavy seas during the sinking. Thus no need to blame poor welding. Something broke her back and she split in two. As for the vessel being built in Cambodia, she was most likely Russian or Chinese manufactured. Don't discount the Russians ability to build very seaworthy ships. She was simply Cambodian flagged. Now if she was Chinese or North Korean built, I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for her. Quality workmanship is not exactly the best in either China or North Korea.

Really wouldn't take much to split her amidships once her backs broke (keel cut in two). Sounds like she might have been hit by a sub. If so, it wasn't a US or South Korean sub as they would both report the collision and surface if possible and render aid. If Chinese or North Korean they won't report it and both would deny it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Pulled this off a shipping discussion board. Not had time to find independent verification yet. Sounds plausible.

"South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries expressed regret Feb 10 over the sinking of a Cambodian-flagged freighter that left four Russian sailors dead and seven missing. A Hyundai-built container ship collided with the freighter Feb 9 2011 while it was undergoing tests off the shipyard in the southeastern port of Ulsan. "The cause of the accident is being investigated by authorities, but we first of all express sincere regret at human losses," Hyundai Heavy Industries, the world's largest shipbuilder, said in a statement. The 1,500-ton Alexandra with 12 Russian crew on board was torn apart and sank off Ulsan. Coastguard ships rescued one crew member and recovered four bodies. Yonhap news agency said the South Korean captain of the 88,000-ton container ship was held by coastguard officials for questioning."

Its on Yahoo news as well.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Isn't it a bit of a jump to say that the ship was "cut in half?" Wwhere's the evidence?

Certainly, the little data about the affair does not go to that extreme.
(That seems to be the trend here on ABS to exaggerate the situation rather than forthright news.)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
They all probably saw the boat that rammed them. The "unidentified" part is probably either the ship had no visible markings (ie painted black) or they know who it was but are keeping it under wraps.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think this is exactly what a torpedo would do to a cargo ship.

Question is who? SK or NK...or US or even the Japanese maybe the Chinese.

edit on 2/10/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

you do realize that's a different guy,,, and a each picture is from different sides of the boat,,,,, look at the flag pole and letytering on the side in white

man,,, you really debunked this one,,,,,,,any thoughts on 9/11????

sorry for the sarcasm,,, but come on,,,,, this is ats, deny ignorance

i'm polish,,, but even i saw that it's opposite side photos

did you hear about the new polish submarine??? it has screen doors!!!!! i remember that joke for 20 years ,,, weak right

also,,, i know boats don't turn on a dime,,, but come on,,, how can you not see something that big,,,, unless someone fell asleep,,,,, or it was one major party going on

many of the guys on these ships are drinkers/users ,,,,,,, i unloaded a gypsum ship in port,,, and the crewguys could barely walk they were so plastered

top topics

join