It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon sensor ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Does anyone know of all the surveillance tech on the Pentagon grounds? Ground sensors are common in many Military/govt installations ...would the Pentagon be an exception? With all the focus on the video, what has been released as far as audio and ground sensor data?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
Does anyone know of all the surveillance tech on the Pentagon grounds? Ground sensors are common in many Military/govt installations ...would the Pentagon be an exception? With all the focus on the video, what has been released as far as audio and ground sensor data?

The Pentagon Police are crawling everywhere around that place, and much like the rest of DC, the security consists of every inch of the property being covered by video cameras. That are monitored 24/7, when the people manning them see any kind of encroachment of their property they immediately dispatch (in this case) the Pentagon Police who respond within seconds.

The technology you speak of, I think is generally used on locations covering a very large area. A area that can necessarily be monitored 24/7, so things like that would be deployed as a early warning of intruders. Setting of an alarm as opposed to requiring a person full time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

And the point is.....?

Ground sensors will not be much effective against an aircraft crashing the building, except to tell you that the
building was hit.....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Does anyone know of all the surveillance tech on the Pentagon grounds?

Yes, there probably is someone, I doubt they are on this forum, and if they were to answer your question they probably would be in violation of more than few laws.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

And the point is.....?

Ground sensors will not be much effective against an aircraft crashing the building, except to tell you that the
building was hit.....

Well I don't know much about ground sensors but I know places like Fort Knox, Area 51, etc..... have them and they're very very sensitive I've been told. I was just thinking the other night and thought they would probably be around the Pentagon. I would think by data analysis you could decipher the difference between a jumbo jet flying a few feet over the ground and a rocket at Mach_? The two would give off different signatures if they are as sensitive as I've heard they are and the impact data would be different between a jet and a cruise missile.
And isn't there audio that would have been recorded separately of the video?
Just something I was thinking about that I've never heard brought up is why I ask. Surely it's not just video at the Pentagon is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

Originally posted by mtnshredder

The Pentagon Police are crawling everywhere around that place, and much like the rest of DC, the security consists of every inch of the property being covered by video cameras. That are monitored 24/7, when the people manning them see any kind of encroachment of their property they immediately dispatch (in this case) the Pentagon Police who respond within seconds.

The technology you speak of, I think is generally used on locations covering a very large area. A area that can necessarily be monitored 24/7, so things like that would be deployed as a early warning of intruders. Setting of an alarm as opposed to requiring a person full time.

According to the OS guys, the circa 1985 cameras with a shutter speed of negative something that they just found out were actually at the Pentagon, only cover about 1 square inch of the area. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Well, I think anyone with even basic research abilities knows that's total bs. For one you can see cameras in a lot of the impact photos on the top of the building. Plus of course the parking camera, the big question is were they all being recorded or not. But you gotta figure, if their recording the parking camera, then they are probably recording everything on at least a 24 hour loop(back then at least).

new topics

top topics

join