It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Cat knocked down and killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok people, just to clarify something. Bigs cats are tigers, lions, leopards, jauguars, and others. Small cats are cougars (yes, they are considered small cats) ocelots, clouded leopards, and others. Cheetahs are in there own class. (I did research, and I'm obsesed with big cats)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A few years ago i read a story in a newspaper where i live about all these cat sightings. It was terrorising sheep on a farm and the owner went out to investigate and saw a 'panther'.

There was also another story where a father and his daughter were on their way to an airport when a large cat jumped onto the bonet and then ran off into some bushes.

Most of my family agree that it is just a panther/jaguar that escaped from a private (and illegal) collection and has been roaming around since.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"Just read this and its really weird why such a thing would be covered up like that. It's common knowledge that there's big cats loose in parts of the UK so why would MOD and the police try to hide this particular one?"

Very good point.

As most people are rightly pointing out, the description sounds most like a cougar, and if this is the case cougars in national parks in the US have somewhat a reputation for being hostile and fearless when it comes to hunting humans.

I can only imagine this is the reason this particular incident is receiving the cover-up treatment when as has been rightly pointed out, big (and small) cats living in the wild in the UK is an undisputed fact of life.

V

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

holy sh*t that is one big cat.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Many people own big cats as pets amongst other exotic animals that they are not suppose to have, this was probably someone's "pet" that got loose. The reason the authority is probably asking to keep it under raps is because people have a tendency to get freaked out about these things and it would cause an unecessary scare.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom Chatter
Ok people, just to clarify something. Bigs cats are tigers, lions, leopards, jauguars, and others. Small cats are cougars (yes, they are considered small cats) ocelots, clouded leopards, and others. Cheetahs are in there own class. (I did research, and I'm obsesed with big cats)

I don't want to sound aurgumentative, but you have obviously never seen a jaguar or a cougar. Jaquars are alot smaller than cougars or mountain lions(same thing). Cougars, especially those from the western U.S., get big. I've seen cougars in the Sierras that easily go 175 lbs..
Southern breeds, like those in Florida are small. About the same size as a jaguar.
Granted, western mountain lions are not near the same size as tigers and lions but they are not small. Leopards are comparable to cougars in size. Just to clarify.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
if it is a cougar or a panther the authorities probably got in touch with experts and were told not too panic the locals.panthers and cougars are incredible stealth hunters(if you see them in the bush and they have been stalking you,it's too late lol,you are done for). if they don't want to be seen they won't be.and to try to hunt them down would be a waste of time and resources(not too mention the innocent kitties or large dogs that would be innevitably killed by mistake)

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I LOVE hat big cat picture, I want one ! I bet they make great heating blankets in the winter.....

the cover up is probably due to possible legal problems (killing endangered animal ?) or a desire to avoid the press, or a mounting werewolf problem.....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I LOVE hat big cat picture, I want one ! I bet they make great heating blankets in the winter.....

the cover up is probably due to possible legal problems (killing endangered animal ?) or a desire to avoid the press, or a mounting werewolf problem.....

yeah and who wants to waste a silver bullet on a tabby lol

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
[edit on 27-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Peoples views get messy....we do however have an animal of the cat variety called a lynx. Good chance it was it. or some ones exotic pet that has escaped. Other than that I'm at a loss.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfphantom

big cats spotted near RAF fylingdales yet again.
There is more to this story than we are being led to believe
They are trying to keep a media blackout in play at this moment
In time.I am trying to find out more on the story as I have relations
Who worked at TAG fylingdales some time ago and he may be able to shed simmer light on this mystery
I shall keep you posted,SQ

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

holy sh*t that is one big cat.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Th0r]

Or shes a very small person ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

n/m
edit on 31/12/2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
As promised the full article taken from THE GAZETTE & HERALD newspaper north Yorkshire UK

GOVERNMENT officials are staying tight-lipped over claims that RAF Fylingdales on the North York Moors has kept the body of a big cat in a top security vault following Britain’s “Roswell moment”.

According to a national newspaper, a new book claims defence chiefs are trying to cover up the existence of big cats stalking the countryside, and claims retired staff from Fylingdales have apparently talked about the body of a Puma-type animal being seen on a table at the base.

A witness outside the base, situated between Whitby and Pickering, is also said to have seen a puma-like creature being trundled off in the scoop arms of a tractor.

Rick Minter, author of Big Cats: Facing Britain’s Wild Predators, claimed Fylingdales had experienced “Britain’s Roswell moment on big cats” – a reference to the US Government’s alleged cover-up of an alien in Roswell, New Mexico.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman declined to comment on the reports, while a Defra spokeswoman said evidence of big cats across the country was ‘unsubstantiated”.

www.gazetteherald.co.uk/
www.raf.mod.uk/raffylingdales/

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfphantom

the key to any meaningfull investigation of this case lies IMHO with :

we saw a police vehicle parked next to a farmer's tractor. In the farmers bucket at the front of the tractor was a large sandy coloured cat of the Puma variety.

locate the farmer - and you have a witness - weather he will be a co-operative witness is another issue

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Maybe that would be one way of finding out by " contacting the farmer"
But from what the latest article says the staff that alledgadly saw
the big cat on the table at RAF fylingdales who no longer work there
would be the people to ask.
As stated my uncle worked at the base but this was after his time
there & he's pretty tight lipped about his time there! I have tried to
gently pry info out of him regarding the UFO phenomanon but he
Only told me one story & said that's all he was saying end.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i used to live near there and saw a big cat myself, about 6 feet away from me. it ran past when i was walking the dog, needless to say the dog sh*t himself, as did i!!
After looking at loads of pics i am 100% certain it was a lynx i saw.
I have no proof of what i saw though, but the people i told when i got home believed me just by the state that the dog was in. he was scared to go out for a few days

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

When was the sighting? And can you give a description
Of the big cat you saw. The big cats that get reported
In Yorkshire are predominantly black!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

It was in the late 90s maybe 98, and the cat was a browny colour with a shorter than average looking tail which looked stripy, but that might have just been the light. The main thing i remember is the ears, quite pointy with black tips. I dont know how big they usually get but this one was easily as big, if not bigger than my dog, which was a cross between a standard poodle (the big ones) and a whippet. He was not a massive dog, but he wasnt small either. maybe a little smaller than an german shepard.
I have looked at loads of different pics of wild cats, and that is the only similair one.
And i can still picture it as clear as day. It ran past me, from behind, almost close enough to touch it, crossed the road, jumped over a wall (about 4 ft tall) and ran up through the cemetary heading towards the woods.
It was dark at the time, but well lit with street lights. Because it came from behind me, i thought it was another dog for a split second, but it was definitely not a dog. It ran like a cat, jumped like a cat and just had the general all over look of a cat, but bigger!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join