It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An astronaut’s image and The Tether Incident – something I noticed...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naptown317
At 4:29 in the video the object in space is going forward curves to the left a bit then stops and reverses. If thats not an eye opener I dont know what is!

There are a lot of closed eyes at ATS... they are the ones that proved these were dust and image artifacts. Big thread on that fight

New Analysis Video of the STS-75 Tether Incident
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No need to do it all over

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

But you've got to admit... isn't it a strange coincidence with the c-cut on the outher rim of the craft though?
I mean, it's not exactly something that you would normally put on there if you were making a typical UFO...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon how do you imbed pictures in the thread? It makes for quicker comparison and as a lot of members can't be bothered to click on the image links (including myself lol), how do you do it?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritualAwakening

Fate Magazine cover of the Kenneth Arnold sighting
Fate Magazine, Volume 1 Number 1, Spring 1948

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Eight Arnold-like objects photographed over Tulsa, Oklahoma, July 12, 1947 (from Tulsa Daily World)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Fate Magazine cover of the Kenneth Arnold sighting
Fate Magazine, Volume 1 Number 1, Spring 1948

That's not a "C-cut" on the craft, those are discs partly in cloud cover...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Eight Arnold-like objects photographed over Tulsa, Oklahoma, July 12, 1947 (from Tulsa Daily World)

What are you trying to communicate? lol What's with the picture?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is clearly CGI

In all seriousness, I want to thank you OP its members like yourself who go the extra mile and look in to these things with eager fresh eyes that give us something to talk about here on ATS. Well done Beady!

edit on 10-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hiya,
just in case people haven't seen this... its a must see debunking of the sts-75 tether incident.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Still, it's important to keep an eye open to anomalous visual stimuli on space flights...

MSNBC // June 13, 2008 // Why NASA watches out for true UFOs
today.msnbc.msn.com...

Briefing to NASA re spacecraft-generated debris and UFOs:
www.jamesoberg.com...

Reasons to keep eyes peeled out the windows (Apollo era)
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Proven by whom?

When you can explain the motions and flight paths maybe we can talk

And your right Luna does great work

Manmental has posted the video I meant...

I'm only mentioning the big circular craft looking thing with the wedge out of it, the other things swirling around I have no idea, as I say, was only about the wedge thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Has there been a thread comparing the Dropa Stones to the Tether Incident?

I could not find one...Has this been covered?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

In my opinion the 'Tether' is an ongoing debate...another "look" is not a waste of time. As you stated, the ice/dust crowd blurred that analysis your link provided. There is also a debate to be waged about the possibility that we are looking at 'living' UFOs. Space fauna that reacted to the tether after it broke.

NASA had the 'TOP' experimental camera set up with infra-red/UV & all the rest of it's bells & whistles. They were expecting something big. This was their 2nd attempt. The first was STS-46. It was a 500 million dollar sat. The tether "breaking" screwed up the planning of just what we would be shown. Thus Martyn Stubbs was able to access the UFO tether encounter for the world to see.

Remember that the Sat. was fully operational, generating voltage etc. & escaping fast. NASA was urgently asking for a video look..& was not expecting their 'experiment' to be working. When we see the visual sight with the UFOs all about, the "best & the brightest" are asked what we are seeing. They have no idea & give a lame explanation. Then they are asked again & they give no answer at all. NASA was caught by surprise...& they have buried this video. You can not see it as it is under "embargo'!

So if Stubbs had not been prepared to download it from space, we would never know what visually happened. Thus we have this great ongoing debate. Otherwise the NASA official spin would be accepted wisdom. The mission was a success when in fact we can see from the video it was not. There was chaos & total confusion.

A 500 million dollar sat. was lost. NASA reused the same old tether from a previous tether mission rather than use the new one.(why, cuz that sounds crazy!) And all video of the tether incident was put under embargo..where it still remains. NASA has much more video they shot & did not download. They will not release any of it. Why not? cuz it would prove what they are saying. there were no UFOs...yet... they hide it. So it must show the UFOs.

So forget about a few threads here at ATS...or some UFO myth busters video...because there is so much still to learn from NASA , Martyn Stubbs video 'masters' of the entire mission & the private investigations now underway.

Not to mention new Documentaries being made about the "tether Incident". This includes a prime time special on Japans national network in April about the history of NASA...& they are including the full "tether Incident"...which is a stunning announcement.

This is a 3 hour space exploration doc. Yet the producers feel the tether is so "big" that they will include the footage (that ATS skeptics (& there links) say is case closed!

I think the Japan investigation will be much more in depth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Hey, this is my first post here but I've seen this video many times before and I've found it on NASA's own servers, so it is not fake in the common sense.

Also, while that picture there is "clearly" CGI, it is also clearly not the same image as the one in the OP.

imgur.com...

(I dont think I can embed images, so if anyone can help out i'd greatly appreciate it).

If anything, I'd say it has far more similarities with the Turkish UFO sightings.

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since it's just a wallpaper and not real, I guess that automatically means the Flying Saucer I saw in real life with my own eyes must have been a hallucination. It must have been fake because well, if you ask any ATSer randomly, they will probably agree I hallucinated it all.

Also not to mention, my friends were obviously hallucinating the same exact thing at the same exact moment with me. Haha, so funny, we were totally convinced 100% that flying saucers exist in reality, but little did we know, someone was just flying a wallpaper over my house.

Hilarious!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just want to know how the tether managed to be straight line and not a swirly mess like when it broke?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Cool video! As for the Tether incident, I thought it looked like one of those deep sea videos and the particles were just the smaller life forms that you find in the deep of the ocean. Obviously if it's a Nasa vid then its not the ocean but couldn't the same theory apply to space? Random tiny life forms that have found a way to live in the extremes of space? If they can do it on earth then who's to say they can't do it anywhere else?

Although, the ice crystal theory is very likely and probably IS the correct conclusion.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also not to mention, my friends were obviously hallucinating the same exact thing at the same exact moment with me. Haha, so funny, we were totally convinced 100% that flying saucers exist in reality, but little did we know, someone was just flying a wallpaper over my house.

Not sure what a computer screen saver has to do with your sighting

What I find hilarious is post like this that try to compare apples to oranges and then expect to be taken seriously

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Although, the ice crystal theory is very likely and probably IS the correct conclusion.

I will buy that ONLY when someone can explain how all those "ice crystals" move in independent directions at various speeds and most important, curved trajectories and reversal of direction of only one of them

I suppose we can just throw orbital mechanics and physics out the window to explain ice crystals

:shk:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by chr0naut

There's another thread with a link to the commercially available desktop image that the astronaut has.

Can you give a link please??

I was on the side that the laptop image was this, until I saw the laptop image is missing the 2 saucers on the left, and the bright lights seem different, the wallpaper has more lights than the laptop image. They don't 100% fully look identical to me, maybe it's the dark background hiding the 2 other saucers, I don't know I think there are only 2 ships on the laptop.
edit on 10-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join