It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama folds to Conservative Anti-Humanism--Cuts Energy aid to Poor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Obama—the coward and wimp—afraid for his re-election has chosen to pander to the lunatic anti-human conservative republicans and the stupid American people who have fallen for the cut the budget scam. Of course all this after the fox has raided all the chickens from the hen house in the form of the 2008 bailout of the super-rich.
Imagine the worst winter in history and he is cutting heating aid for the poor!

Soon I hope WE WILL BE ON THE STREETS LIKE THE EGYPTIANS!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON -- Reports that President Barack Obama's upcoming budget will propose steep cuts in the government's energy assistance fund for low-income Americans ricocheted quickly on Capitol Hill Wednesday, spurring some intraparty squabbling.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
These people may be poor, but that doesn't mean they are stupid. It gets cold in the winter, and you have to prepare for it.

We feed them, do we have to keep them warm too?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Obama—the coward and wimp—afraid for his re-election has chosen to pander to the lunatic anti-human conservative republicans and the stupid American people who have fallen for the cut the budget scam. Of course all this after the fox has raided all the chickens from the hen house in the form of the 2008 bailout of the super-rich.

WASHINGTON -- Reports that President Barack Obama's upcoming budget will propose steep cuts in the government's energy assistance fund for low-income Americans ricocheted quickly on Capitol Hill Wednesday, spurring some intraparty squabbling.

Ummm.....

You do know that Obama Bailed out Wall Street twice as President right? You know he also voted for George Bush's bailout don't you? He voted for the Patriot Act as Senator, and said that it is useful as President. He also supports molestation at the hands of the TSA, he added 30k more troops to fight an un-winnable war, awarded no-bid contracts to the same defense Contractors Bush did, and loaded his cabinet with people from Goldmann Sachs.

What the hell do you mean "Folds"? He was neck deep in this from the time he ran for his first public office. The only people that ever thought he was something better than George Bush were the useful idiots that didn't bother to read his voting record.

As for the "cut the budget scam" I'd remind you that for the last 6000 years of Human history, Debt has been a significant factor in whether a nation lives or dies. In fact, it appears to be the deciding factor. Large Deficits and economic doldrums have typically been a precursor to collapse, or invasion. So despite what a certain idiotic Nobel Laureate tells his foolish followers.. debt does matter.

Also, Being conservative does not make you anti-human, that's just emotional knee-jerking on your part.
edit on 9-2-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

f%$%, cut the wages and numbers of politicians and Government crap and leave the poor alone!!!

Stop the expensive wars that profit the few and help the average american...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

from thehuff link :

With that in mind, the proposed cuts like the president was abandoning principle in hopes of winning fiscal conservative plaudits. A source familiar with the budget process, however, offered several clarifications to Wednesday's report. The cut, the source said, would be $2.5 billion in LIHEAP funding, not $3 billion. The proposed appropriation level will be $2.57 billion, which mirrors the Fiscal Year 2008 appropriation, not $2.8 billion.

And while it had been reported that the Recovery Act helped move LIHEAP funding from that FY08 level to more than $8 billion, the source said that was not the case. There was no LIHEAP funding in the stimulus, rather, there were funds for weatherization programs

Finally, the source said that "energy prices are now well below their

So spending is still at fy 2008 levels ( $2.57billion)and I don't see any specific"evil conservatives stealing blankets from freezing old ladies.Typical...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This is Obama's executive budget he is sending to Congress which cuts fuel subsidies. This is a cut Obama's Executive Branch are suggesting to Congress.

The House is controlled by Republicans and the Senate is controlled by Democrats. The House is in the process of creating it's own ideas for budget cuts and will try to blend their ideas for cutting spending with the president's budget ideas for cutting spending.

You should be honest about politics rather than spinning partisan nonsense and hysteria.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

America's Worst Winter Ever

In January 1780, fighting in the Revolutionary War came to a standstill as Mother Nature transformed America into a frigid hell. For the only time in recorded history, all of the saltwater inlets, harbors and sounds of the Atlantic coastal plain, from North Carolina northeastward, froze over and remained closed to navigation for a period of a month or more. Sleighs, not boats, carried cords of firewood across New York Harbor from New Jersey to Manhattan. The upper Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and the York and James rivers in Virginia turned to ice. In Philadelphia, the daily high temperature topped the freezing mark only once during the month of January, prompting Timothy Matlack, the patriot who had inscribed the official copy of the Declaration of Independence, to complain that "the ink now freezes in my pen within five feet of the fire in my parlour, at 4 o'clock in the afternoon."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I think If they are poor and unable to support themselves then - -YES!
That is if you are a human being.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I have my opinion on economics as you do, and DEBT didn’t cause the last 2008 depression, did it?

Anyway, they have balanced the budget and can if they stopped supporting the weapons death industry..

BTW I don’t dispute what you say about Obama.
He is a wretched coward, liar and pedestrian politician and puppet.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree 100 percent. That is the way to balance any budget.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This Reminds me of a recent story I saw:
www.macon.com...
______beforeitsnews/story/318/860/Put-Upon_Victims_Forced_to_Wait_in_Line_for_Freebies_or_Even_Pay_Their_Own_Bills.html

What's better to have, heat or a gigantic new state-of-the-art television? The answer: both, and if you can't afford it, make someone else pay.

See the picture in the article. Funny, But I'm sure that her X-Box games (with wireless modem for X-Box Live) look really awesome on that 52" Flatscreen TV!! She also needs assistance to pay her CABLE bill since like that TV and X-box, it is a necessity. (See the picture of her living room in the article)

Raymeica Kelly explains how her mother, sister and herself were turned away from the Energy Assistance Program on Wednesday morning after standing in line for four hours. All three complained that the system the Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council uses to give out the assistance needs improving.

....... Hey Lady, how about cancel cable, SELL the TV, and Xbox and pay your bills??? Oh no, that is not an option. They would rather freeze from NOT getting a free voucher than get rid of luxury items. Freeking Crazy.

Would you spend a whole day waiting in line for a hand out? They could have made enough money to pay their bills if they would have lined up with the migrant workers for a day work.

edit on 9-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by aravoth

I have my opinion on economics as you do, and DEBT didn’t cause the last 2008 depression, did it?

Anyway, they have balanced the budget and can if they stopped supporting the weapons death industry..

BTW I don’t dispute what you say about Obama.
He is a wretched coward, liar and pedestrian politician and puppet.

Excessive debt burdens on the greater economy, specifically in the housing sector, which ultimately cascaded into all credit markets, brought on by excessive borrowing and cheap loans instigated by the U.S. Central Bank caused the most recent financial crisis we are currently dealing with.

So yes, DEBT did cause it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

I agree 100 percent. That is the way to balance any budget.

Ahh, it drives me insane..

The Mail allowance of ONE lousy politician would heat the homes of THOUSANDS of americans ALL WINTER..

That's a fact and makes me sick..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Our excessive debt was brought on by the BAILOUT OF THE RICH who got caught swindling people with phony credit and fraudulent securities, AND THE WARS OF 911

Not poor people!

Cant you people get that through your thick skulls!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Its all just a game...sit back and just ride the spiral to the end.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by aravoth

Our excessive debt was brought on by the BAILOUT OF THE RICH who got caught swindling people with phony credit and fraudulent securities, AND THE WARS OF 911

Not poor people!

The excessive debt was brought on by the excessive loans in the housing market. Re-writing history won't actually change it you know.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by aravoth

Not poor people!

Maybe you can understand this. But perhaps in your world of Social Justice you won't see what happened as a product of bad GOVERNMENT policy as opposed to simply the product of Wall St.

There are two sides to it, there's the deadbeat home owner who applied for the loan he couldn't afford(you have to be an idiot if you think this will work out) and the dead beat banks who made the loans with the blessing of Washington Regulators. If you think government is the solution to this, if you think redistribution of wealth is the solution to our problems through wasteful subsidies that cause the price of energy and housing to rise artificially(Which does not help the poor) then you need to do more economic research.

The beauty of the market is that it doesn't care, not even a little, about your opinion. It will force the inequitable debts out of the system like a virus. not everyone can be a winner, certainly not those "poor people" who thought they could swindle the housing market for free money.

ROFL - Bankster .vs. Deadbeat

Anti-humanism? Humanism is the idea that people create rights, oh no, not you and I, but certain people. And those certain people can take rights away, that's what humanism actually is. Son, you need to do some research into what you're regurgitating.
edit on 10-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

reply to post by aravoth

Not poor people!

Maybe you can understand this. But perhaps in your world of Social Justice you won't see what happened as a product of bad GOVERNMENT policy as opposed to simply the product of Wall St.

Anti-humanism? Humanism is the idea that people create rights, oh no, not you and I, but certain people. And those certain people can take rights away, that's what humanism actually is. Son, you need to do some research into what you're regurgitating.

More specifically it is a product of bad GOVERNANCE

You see, government needs humans to impliment policy... So yes if we a Lassez Faire, Randian person in charge of enforcing you are going to get the POOR results. You can't very well hide behind a tee ball stand, but you ignore fundamentally the reason this economy imploded, this reason DEREGULATION would have prevented BOTH on the buying and lending end as it did FOR DECADES, are you HERE???

WOW you say

BOTH

Naw thats too complicated

yes my friend BOTH

like the treasonous, Marxist seat belt and an airbag combo

And Humanism has many schools, SON

the system will not force bad anything out because it is Binary and multinational,

Binary is MANMADE = the market place is no longer natural in basis, there need to be rules to govern the humans behavior

edit on 10-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

We indeed have a revolving Washington/Wall St. door.

But guess what? You can't co-opt power that doesn't exist. This is why we need small government that isn't in the business of social engineering. Fannie and Freddie, government enterprises created during the reign of FDR, were largely responsible for the creation of many of the fraudulent circumstances that created the mess we're in. The crisis isn't over, and today these institutions are a black hole of bad debt backstopped by tax dollars we don't have. What's worse is that Fannie and Freddie "own" 95% of all home mortgages, TODAY, through toxic asset purchases initiated by the Fed in an effort to cover up the fraud committed by the banks and the dead beats who thought they could make a quick buck.

It was the goal of creating a home ownership society, attempting to create a right to housing, that lead to this mess. As well intentioned as this may have been, it is just another example of government thinking they can guarantee outcomes.

ETA:

We already have rules to govern human behavior. Much of what has happened has been covered up by the same people who pushed this crap down our throats and then handed over tax payer money to the crooks.

It's called fraud laws. We don't need 3000 pages to enforce fraud laws, you have 3000 pages to hide fraud. Glass-Steagall was 14 pages and worked for 70 years.

This had to be repealed in order to create this "right to housing" social justice BS democrats and "Compassionate" conservatives are always pushing. Now look where we are.
edit on 10-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Janky Red

We indeed have a revolving Washington/Wall St. door.

But guess what? You can't co-opt power that doesn't exist. This is why we need small government that isn't in the business of social engineering. Fannie and Freddie, government enterprises created during the reign of FDR, were largely responsible for the creation of many of the fraudulent circumstances that created the mess we're in.

It was the goal of creating a home ownership society, attempting to create a right to housing, that lead to this mess. As well intentioned as this may have been, it is just another example of government thinking they can guarantee outcomes.

IT was working fine until they cut one leg off the table...

I mean do you have a problem with home ownership? this country FOUGHT THE USSR, COMMUNISM
while we helped our citizens get a place to live, your red scare is a farce, both happened at the same time.

Millions of houses were bought with this method and paid off long before your friendly corporatists greased your conservative to destroy a system that worked just fine. You say "a right to housing", you are confabulating, it is a way to assist in home ownership, millions of HARD WORKING people used this method my family included.
They worked, saved and played by the rules of capitalism, they invested and took a risk and yes, the government helped remove some barriers,,, soooo??? Millions of people got to own their own piece of the dream, THEY PAID FOR IT BUSTER. Not until you guys and idiot Clinton interfered with a good thing, there was balance, you guys are like fool who thinks ramming is all there is to sex. My conservative grandparents would hate how far you have taken your crusade, you guys are a different breed man

I
edit on 10-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join