It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT - NIBURU? 2nd Sun? Nemesis? Norway February 9, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I have no idea what that is except for northern lights.. I myself live in Norway and have so far seen no sign of any second sun.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Skate

Have him do an extremely long exposure of the moon on a clear night when it is fairly full. I think you will see it looks like that so called sun in this photo. I was not paying due attention to the photo when I first posted.

It's bordering on the absurd to think a second sun could rise and it not be the top story worldwide. Might as well argue a case for Santa being real.

Well it turns out my roomate can photoshop it! He said he could do it easily. He said it would take more than 2 hours though. Any other photoshoppers willing to do the job? My roomate says he's only done it once but it took a long time out of one his days and apparently doesn't wanna do it again.

Still want my artwork and my roomates 'apocalyptic' photoshopped image? lol

Sorry I did not get back to the thread.

Doing this as a composite image would not be hard at all and yes it is time consuming to do it right. I often spend an entire day compositing multiple photo's or adding CGI elements to them. The complexity of getting the lighting right is the real key. I don't do video but a lot of it is the same and I know with my software I could easily add elements to video's.

I've been using Photoshop constantly for about 13 years now, 3D modeling and graphics for 10 and photography for 15 or so. I'm starting to be comfortable describing myself as "advanced" when it comes to graphics and photography. Just for my own business, I put together three or four hundred page plus publications including everything from photo's to illustration each year. Sometimes more.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

Yes, this.

A longer exposure will create that sort of effect with the moon, the colour is probably down to the aurora.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If not for these damn clouds every day, I'd take a long exposure of the Moon just to show that it can look like that and still allow for the stars to show. I'm leaning to it's just the moon way overexposed. If I get a clear night with a Moon I'll give it a try. I've got my gear out cleaning the sensors and lenses anyway to take some studio shots and irritate my Wife by using her light boxes and whatnot.

The problem with the idea of it being the Sun is that it would blow out the whole sky and no way would you see the stars. The sky would be blue leaning to purple with no stars and the Aurora's would be mostly washed out. I've never tried a shot like that or gotten into night shots. I do mainly Wildlife and that I try to do in the magic hour if the animals cooperate as they seldom do. I've been trying for three years to get a Trumpeter Swan incoming directly at me in the right light. Three points for the Swans, zero for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

The Aurora is obvious. Those are classic Aurora colors. We see them here often but have to drive outside the city to get out of the lights. It takes a very long exposure to get colors that saturated without noise. Use a high ISO and you get crap. Whoever took that shot did a wonderful job.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/044c3c8aee34.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Technical issues aside, there are no other sources for this image - have done a quick search and nothing came up. You'd think that it'd be all over the place if it actually happened, everyone in the area would be able to see it. But yeah, could easily be photoshopped.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I meant the orangy colour of the moon, should of made that more clear I guess.
But yes, you are right and it's a brilliant photo. You are very lucky to be able to see that where you are.
Maybe one day I will be so lucky, probably wont get a shot as good as that though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Even here it is not easy. Just having a night when they are out and it is haze and cloud free is rare. Up by Fairbanks however it would be wonderful. Summertime forget it. Even at the darkest part of night you can still see well enough to get around without a flashlight and Aurora's are very faint. We get down to about four hours and forty five minutes between sunset and sunrise. Fairbanks gets down to about an hour and a half I think. Takes about 7 or 8 hours to drive there and I never seem to get it done in the winter.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/044c3c8aee34.jpg[/atsimg]

Then help us keep debunking it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So I gather no one bothered to read my post about the person who took the picture.

This thread has already been debunked.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
So I gather no one bothered to read my post about the person who took the picture.

I did
And thank you for finding it....
So I was wrong... No midnight sun this time, it is the Moon.

But in my defense

It's a great photo .. both the sun and the northern lights at the same time .. very cool .. but folks .. this is from Northern Norway .. lol .. why don't you ask a Norwegian first .. we all know that "Nibiru" shows up in northern Norway in feb - mars depending on how far north you are. So we've seen "Nibiru" for ages .. every year. The sun is always low at this time up there, and it's still dark too. bluez56

www.youtube.com...

So it does happen but this time Photographer says Moon

Credit: Altred in Norway (English)

Now to go load up some shotguns and go Elmer Fudd on Hoaxers...

"Be Vewwy vewwy quite... I'm hunting hoaxers hahahahahaha"

Where is that OP now eh?
edit on 10-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
I can use Photoshop very well (i have samples of stuff, not ufo stuff though) and I don't know how I could reproduce such an effect. The way the light is reflecting on the water, I wouldn't be able to make that good of a reflection(color wise and how it comes off of each wave). But also, I do see some kind of photoshopping effect to make it look so soft in the image. Either that or he took the picture with a very soft display like that in the image. My roomate at college is really good at doing these sorts of effects with his huge camera. He is really good at it. He even photoshopped a picture of his road at home and gave it an apocalyptic theme. I'll get a picture of it if any wants to see it (because it's cool!) and any examples of my artwork. Hope I helped?

I had a friend in high school who did all my bands discography. He would mess around on photo shop all day and come up with the coolest stuff. I still have no idea how people do that stuff...the vast array of photo editing jargon is like gibberish to me...I wish I knew how to do photoshop.

And I do want to see the picture you're talking about. Thanks for your reply.
edit on 10-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja
might have to do with the camera shutter being open to long

yep, its to easy to get carried away, but look, i wasn't there so i cant say for sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Perhaps a bit late, but here is proof that it was/is the moon and not Niburu, or a sun-dog. The sun was below the horizon at the time the shot was taken, which was about 9 or 10 PM local time on the 8th according to my planetarium software.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72d8eb25e851.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4da09a108bd6.jpg[/atsimg]

I've added the constellation lines over the original photo above, which I slightly enhanced to bring out the stars a bit better. A larger version can be found here. A couple of the constellation lines are a bit off where I could not see the stars (in the lower part of the image, where the sky is washed out by the aurora), but all the visible stars match up perfectly with my software, and the moon, which could only be where it is at around 9 or 10 PM local time on the 8th.

As others on here (and the photographer) have already said, the moon was overexposed, making it lose detail and shape, as well as making it appear to be brighter than it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Perhaps a bit late, but here is proof that it was/is the moon and not Niburu, or a sun-dog. The sun was below the horizon at the time the shot was taken, which was about 9 or 10 PM local time on the 8th according to my planetarium software.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72d8eb25e851.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4da09a108bd6.jpg[/atsimg]

I've added the constellation lines over the original photo above, which I slightly enhanced to bring out the stars a bit better. A larger version can be found here. A couple of the constellation lines are a bit off where I could not see the stars (in the lower part of the image, where the sky is washed out by the aurora), but all the visible stars match up perfectly with my software, and the moon, which could only be where it is at around 9 or 10 PM local time on the 8th.

As others on here (and the photographer) have already said, the moon was overexposed, making it lose detail and shape, as well as making it appear to be brighter than it is.

your good with that software my friend!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by zorgon
Ummm I only see one sun... what am I missing?

The fact that it's night time??

And anyways, if it was a second sun then we wouldn't see the stars...

There are very few places on Earth where one can see aurora during the day. Svalbard (Spitzbergen) is ideally located for this. For a 10 week period around winter solstice it is dark enough during the day to see aurora, and the latitude is such that near local noon the auroral oval is usually overhead.

odin.gi.alaska.edu...

Svalbard (Spitzbergen) is part of Norway

It's not Nibiru but a GREAT picture of the sun with Aurora Tell you friend to submit it to NASA's image gallery
edit on 9-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

You're smarter than you look. (or uhhh seem?)....I kind of forgot that certain parts of the globe the sun never sets. You get a star for being uber intelligent. (Not that it really matters lol)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Perhaps a bit late, but here is proof that it was/is the moon

Never too late. Nice overlay

Besides we can expect a few hundred more who won't see the evidence

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Wonderful! Good work!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

I did miss it. I feel quite foolish for that. Lesson learned. Read every post, every time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join