Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What would happen in a Polar Shift?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What would the effects of a pole reversal have for life on Earth?

I know the poles have been shifting for a while/constantly shifting but what would happen to our magnetosphere and us in the event of a sudden flip?

Would we go crazy?

Would we turn ill?

I would appreciate it if someone with someone could enlighten me in a scientific way!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Fact is no one really knows..
Lots of theories but little fact..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Have you got any theories or could you link me up to any?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I wonder if our toilets would spin the other way???

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We are already shifting....I think the "Pole Swap" is what everyone fears.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I personally believe we physically won't see much change, however anomalies around the world will be in different locations. Example is the Bermuda Triangle. It's all theory but it's all I got on the subject.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

what would happen to our magnetosphere and us in the event of a sudden flip?

a sudden flip? well i am no expert but i would image tsunami's would occur.

and if you survive then having to deal with your new location or change of location on the globe.
can you image mallorca ending up at the north pole and becoming more like antarica within minutes.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What if a pole shift happens and it effects st. augustine, florida? I go to school here and don't want to be here if something could happen. I'd rather be in the georgia mountains?? lol

edit on 9-2-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-2-2011 by Skate because: i derped :O
edit on 9-2-2011 by Skate because: spelling fix

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
What would the effects of a pole reversal have for life on Earth?

I know the poles have been shifting for a while/constantly shifting but what would happen to our magnetosphere and us in the event of a sudden flip?

It would have to cause some type of catastrophic occurence like tsunamis and probably very powerful earthquakes. As for life on Earth, I'm not sure. I do think that thousands of people would die from whatever the pole shift would cause to happen with the land and water around us.

www.december212012.com...
edit on 9-2-2011 by ML8715 because: added link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

We won't know until it happens. I would not worry about a polar shift. If it happens it happens, consequences good or bad- theres nothing we can do. It is natural for the Earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ML8715

It would have to cause some type of catastrophic occurence like tsunamis and probably very powerful earthquakes. As for life on Earth, I'm not sure. I do think that thousands of people would die from whatever the pole shift would cause to happen with the land and water around us.

I think you are talking about a geographic pole flip and that's really not likely..

la2

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
One big factor of a Polar Reversal is the effect on our technology.

GPS will be useless, so will satnav.

The other big factor is that scientists know that as the poles reverse the earths magnetic field weakens, this causes issues with the radiation, and nasties that the magnetic field protects us from.

oh yeah, and the good old compass will be useless, M6 south, becomes M6 North, London will be north of Birmingham, and Manchester will be in the south east.

I would also imagine birds and other animals that use magnetic field to navigate will be very confused.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

The other big factor is that scientists know that as the poles reverse the earths magnetic field weakens, this causes issues with the radiation, and nasties that the magnetic field protects us from.

Also solar winds, and if a large sun flare hit at the same time..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

i made the same mistake, if we are just talking about a magnetic shift, then i do not know what all the fuss is about.
life would adapt after a period of confusion.

all that i can see being messed up is some equipment/technology. no big deal, they do not make things to last anyway, it cuts into their profit margins.

la2

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

exactly, the magnetic field is weakening, and with the sun approaching its most active cycle, it could possibly be the worst time for a pole shift

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

We might all become obsessed with online forums and facebook...
...OMG maybe the shift has already happened!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
if magnetic shift happens and satellites no longer work..all the US military defense will be down as the rest of the other nations.

then we could see wars like back in the 1700 - 1900...until technical difficulties get fixed... the first nation solving it will have an immense power over others who don't.

that's my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If there were a pole shift, you wouldn't even notice it physically. It would prolly take a day to complete. People think pole shift, and for some reason they think instant. Not the case. However once the pole shift stopped, thats when the tsunamis and earthquakes would happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
During a pole shift, Candy Kisses gets off at 6pm while Cherry Lane gets on the stage.

new topics

join