It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House won't release WMD summary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has refused to release a prewar intelligence summary compiled for President George W. Bush on Iraq's banned weapons that Democrats said had given him none of the dissenting views included in more comprehensive intelligence reports.

Not being an American citizen myself, I can't help feeling that this seems like a public relations blunder. Especially happening only a few short months before citizens go to the polls. Or am I just being naive?

www.reuters.co.uk...

The pre-war WMD summary surely can't be THAT bad that it has to be hushed up. Faulty Intelligence maybe, or some measure of misinterpretation, surely?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hah!

Isn't that funny, they take us for such #ing idiots... LOL...

Yeah, don't release your wmd summary and expect us to still believe you!!
What a joke...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't think Bush would release information on his shoe size. I'm getting sick of the Hush-Hush from this Admin. We, the taxpayers, are footing their slalaries and paying for this war. Why can we not get a straight answer, the only thing I think he will answer to is his dislike of gay marriages.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Being an American citizen, I am hardly surprised. We could ask Cheney why they won't bereleased, but he'd just tell us to go have sex with ourselves, even though they are against this type of thing being taught in schools. If we asked Bush, he'd tell us it was because God told him not to release it. If we asked Rumsfeld, he'd tell us it's because we don't need to know, it's for our own good.

These guys just make me sick.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yes, these are replies I expected from what some ATS members refer to as "the Bush-bashers"!

But do you see where I'm coming from? This seems to be the worst thing to do as far as public relations are concerned when it's so close to the election after all.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
Yes, these are replies I expected from what some ATS members refer to as "the Bush-bashers"!

Any person who supports the Bush administration in the covering up of intelligence that predicated a foreign invasion is not following the motto of this site.

Some people are concerned citizens who require clean open government. In that regard every person on this site should be a "Bush-basher" because this administration does not deliver.

There is no evidence that an election will take place, and there are already the seeds planted by the corrupt and criminal Bush spokespeople to cover any set of circumstances that arise from this point on. They can attempt to justify any position, no matter how opposite it is to the statement of the week prior or how it flies in the face of the facts, and almost half the population will swallow it. That is dumbed down America and dumbed down ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I hope you don't misunderstand me, MaskedAvatar. I could hardly be a supporter of the Bush administration - for starters, I'm not an American citizen nor resident there. And I will admit to growing misgivings about the Bush administration, even from a distancel. Open government should be a reality, not a pipedream.

As a "fly on the wall", so to speak, it does appear to me that President Bush has some personal failings. But of course he doesn't act in a vacuum, he has advisors, researchers, and all that jazz that goes with his position. Obviously mistakes have been made re the stated reasons for going to war in Iraq, maybe faulty intelligence or the interpretation thereof.

Tony Blair has had to deal with this - it's been all over the news recently. So why is the Bush administration refusing to do likewise? And more to the point for me here, why aren't any Bush supporters on ATS coming forth [as I expected them to] - to explain this to me in some satisfactory manner?

Edit - typo

[edit on 15/7/04 by Bastet]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
All right, Buxh supporters, I gave you your chance. Now see the repercussions -

DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - John Edwards, opening his first solo campaign swing since becoming No. 2 on the Democratic White House ticket, has attacked U.S. President George W. Bush for his failure to take responsibility for flawed U.S. intelligence on Iraq.

You've remained silent about this issue up till now so please don't disappoint me by merely criticising Edwards on different issues.

Story here-
www.reuters.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yes, this is a man who wouldn't release his shoe size, so why would he reveal his stupidity? I swear, people support this bull#. All ignorant people over here, and all Bush Bashers over here.

I am voting Kerry, not because I support the democrats, but because he isn't Bush. Is it sad millions believe in this? That the only reason to vote Kerry is because he isn't Bush? Damn, that is sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I just can't believe that no Bush supporters have come forward on this issue. I've probably been the fairest poster here by trying to pin the blame on abysmal PR.

Tony Blair's who I'm not that fond of, but in this instance, he seems to be a bigger man than Buxh.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Same reason they didn't respond to anyhting else that shows Bush with his hand in the cookie jar, there is nothing you can argue to make it look good.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here's a site I found when I was just searching in googles. It has a lot of information starting from the time G W Bush took office. It talks about the WMD that Bush swore up and down that Iraq had and could launch a strike at us at any given time when Saddam was in power

www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com...

here's another site thats imformative

www.realchange.org...

[edit on 15-7-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm not prepared to accept that just yet, James the Lesser. Bush supporters have spoken out in favour of seemingly graver issues than this. Even in support of war in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the recall of Reserves & suchlike.

Do the people of America have NO say re the non-release of this document? Surely they want to know what's in it? I don't want to create any conspiracy scenario here, but this non-disclosure will reek of something fishy if the matter isn't pursued.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What you don't realize is the true Bush supportor follows with blinders on, they dare not look left(no pun intended) or to the right , but straight at the almighty one. They think he can do no wrong an everything is for a reason.I personally think this paper should come out, because we need to know all the facts, that led our young men an women being sent to Irag, to be wounded an killed. The only reason not to release it would be that it doesn't make a case for War,and the administration led us to blatent quest for power an glory, which at this moment is not very popular.However I'm not a rep.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I appreciate what you're saying, izzi, but the Bush supporters come out im droves everywhere else on ATS it seems. Maybe I should have actively criticised the Prez instead of trying to be fair.

Well if there's no answer or rebuttal from any Republicans soon, I'm gonna be forced to assume the worst. It therefore appears that Bush really is scared witless about what this document reveals, it's a non-disclosure cover-up or worse, and he can't afford to let the people know what's in it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
These people just cannot accept the fact that the president, George W. Bush, is an honest man who made an honest decision about the need to take out Saddam Hussein, that the intelligence information was the same information Bill Clinton had used as well as the rest of the world and the United Nations and that Iraq and the Middle East are better off as a result now and in the future. They just can't accept that, have to come up with these new conspiracy theories, there's a document being withheld.

quoted from my mentor, Rush Limbaugh

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My prayers have been answered, smokenmirrors!

But if, as you seem to be saying, nothing's changed from before, then why has the document not been released? In other words, if the status quo has been maintained, what's there to hide?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hey, I read this thread, and felt sorry for ya Bastet, haha, and so I took a look at what the ultimate right winger had to say. You know, there is the remote possiblility that all that happens in the White House there is not conspiracy related. In any event, there could be an item in there that would jeopardize someone, some intelligence gathering technique, who knows. By the way, it is an election year, hahaha, and time shall tell which crook gets into office here for another 4, my bet is with Bush though.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Your feeling sorry for me is NOT the topic under discussion here, smokenmirrors, and a cheap shot like that is demeaning to you.

"remote possibility", "could be" and "who knows" do little to buttress your argument.

A similar document with relevance to the same issue in the UK has been disclosed, & Tony Blair has faced up to it in suitable political fashion. Does not George Bush have the same ability?

Edit - typo

[edit on 15/7/04 by Bastet]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jeez Bastet, are you a bit touchy here? or do I discern sarcasm? It is difficult to tell in cyberland. The contents of this one page document are not disclosed at this time obviously because the present United States Administration has chosen to NOT reveal them. Politics in the United States is not the same as in Britain. Countless documnents in U.S. history remain sealed, for whatever reason. We are engaged in a war, and during war much disinformation flutters about. One should be wary in what one believes to be truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join