It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Warming Unevenly: Tropical Atlantic Sees Weaker Trade Winds and More Rainfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Earth's global temperature has been rising gradually over the last decades, but the warming has not been the same everywhere. Scientists are therefore trying to pin down how the warming has affected regional climates because that is what really matters to people, and to adaptation and mitigation strategies. Their efforts, however, had hit a roadblock because the necessary observations of the winds over the oceans were biased.

Source

Image of earth warming chart-

Well,we should all know by now that the climate is most in definitely changing around the planet.
I will not argue the reason why this to be the case.
I believe it to be cyclic and also happening on a much broader scale than what we are lead to believe.It is also happening to our solar system simultaneously (i.e.-cosmic climate change)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Maybe i am really stunned...but what part of the ocean or world is that chart supposed to represent....doesn't really help my perspective lol...what land is that the edge of? where is the rest of the world....even at the source...hit enlarge and i just see the same picture only larger...What is the scale here??

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This graphic shows changes over the last 60 years in the August marine-cloudiness and land-rainfall over the tropical Atlantic. Yellow to dark red indicates more cloudiness/rainfall; light blue to gray, less cloudiness/rainfall. Over land, dark red = 40 mm/month more rain, and grey = 40 mm/month less rain. Note the significant increase in rainfall on the Guinea Coast. (Credit: Hiroki Tokinaga, IPRC/SOEST/UHM)

Should answer the location.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry but that image looks man-made.
Doesn't really look authentic.

join