It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Skeptics/Critical Thinkers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Probably the 1976 Iranian case, at least i find it the most intriguing case. This is a good thread to check if you are new to ufo's. www.abovetopsecret.com... The battle of LA is also a good one.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
This is only addressed to those who are skeptical or generally critical thinkers. I put one question to you

Which case in the history of Ufology baffles or impresses you and makes you believe it warrants further investigation ?

Hmm good question, there are many. Just to name a few.

The Mantell Incident
www.ufoevidence.org...

Summary: Many stories have been written about the untimely death of Captain Thomas Mantell whose USAF P-51 Mustang aircraft crashed on the 7th. January 1948, shortly after having observed a UFO seen hovering in the air close to the US Army Air Force Base at Godman Field, Kentucky. The official Army Air Force verdict is that Mantell’s aircraft crashed after he blacked out owing to lack of oxygen while attempting to fly too high an altitude in what was later described as a high altitude weather balloon.

F-4 Jet Chase over Iran 1976
www.ufoevidence.org...

Summary: One of the best documented UFO-aircraft incidents, when a UFO was observed flying over the restricted airspace of Tehran, Iran. Two U.S.-made F-4 Phantom II jet fighters of the Imperial Iranian Air Force were scrambled, but as the pilots closed in on the target, their communications and weapons systems were suddenly jammed. The incident was confirmed by high ranking officers of the Iranian Air Force and later documented by several agencies of the U.S. military.

UFOs Fly Directly Over Washington DC, 1952
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.youtube.com...

Hudson Valley Sightings
www.ufoevidence.org...

The Hudson River valley of New York state was the site of one of the most widely witnessed and extended episodes of UFO activity ever. Literally thousands of witnesses observed the objects, and many photos and videos were taken. The "siege" begot over 7,000 documented and investigated sightings of a boomerang-shaped craft or crafts moving silently through the sky over New York and Connecticut between 1982 and 1995.

Rendlesham Forest / Bentwaters Incident
www.ufoevidence.org...

The Rendlesham Forest case is undoubtedly one of the best documented and most significant military encounters with a UFO. It is also very credible incident. The incident spanned four days in 1980. Rendlesham Forest is a large pine forest, east of Ipswich, in Suffolk, England. Nearby are the twin NATO air bases, RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge; at the time both bases were being leased to the United States Air Force. Several UFO incidents, including multiple-witness sightings by military personnel, ground traces, and radioactive anomalies were reported from Rendlesham forest. According to USAF security patrolmen on duty, "the object was described as being metallic in apperance and triangular in shape, approx. 2-3 meters across the base... it illuminated the entire forest with a white light, and had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath." In November, 2002, the British Ministry of Defense released the "Rendlesham File" of documents related to and confirming the Rendlesham Forest incident.

The Kelly Cahill Encounter
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.youtube.com...

In August 1993, 27-year-old Kelly Cahill, her husband and three children were driving home after a visit to a friend's house. Their routine journey would soon become a harrowing trip into an unknown world of strange beings that occupied space but were void of color as we know it. The Dandenong foothills, near Belgrave, Victoria, Australia would have its location forever linked to one of the most unusual sightings of a strange creature in Ufology archives. Records from the town of Leicester, England in the year of 1928 give an account of another being without color. The Cahill family would witness either more of the same, or very similar beings in the wee morning hours of August 8

The Zimbabwe School Close Encounter
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.youtube.com...

Summary: On the morning of September 16, 1994, teachers and school officials at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe were amazed when the school's students, aged approximately 5 to 12 years old, reported that a flying object had landed on the school grounds.

I can go on... and on and on
edit on 9-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

I think it was Rendlesham forest which was one of the most impressive cases. There was never a great explanation for anything alternative, allegedly one of them saw the craft up close when it landed. Whether it was a military or something else is up for debate.

I am not impressed by Kelly Cahill's case, the main reason is I have not seen the other independant witnesses come forward. I also saw an interview with Kelly, and from reading her body language and facial expression, she looked really happy to be on tv. Not to mention she showed no sign of state change. When anybody retraces a powerful event in their life which evokes emotions e.g. fear, happyness sadness. They relive the event in their mind when they explain it this can and will cause a state change be it minor or major. Her body language and facial expressions were not conveying anything of the sort.

Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe really intrigues me, was their any documentation regarding the investigation. Something like this should of had a thourough investigation, with video interviews accompanied with documentation. Keeping witnesses apart to see if their were any big descrepancies in their accounts of what happened.

If you like the school story in Zimbabwe, you will like this one. Westhall High School in australia had a similar event in 1966.

"More than 200 students and staff from two schools watched as the object landed in a nearby paddock, lifted off and vanished"

If your interested scroll down the bottom of this website and check out the video

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
I like the thread but for me and I suspect many many others, the one we would love to see investigated more are the very one's WE have seen with our own eyes. There can be no more wanting of knowing what it was as the things we see.

I dip into both camps, I'm sceptical of EVERY post / video, you simply have to be these days but once I've seen what I want to see and heard other people break it down more I will then sway towards a state of semi belief depending on the information and factual data seen.

I know what I saw, I don't know how it did what it did, my wife knows what she saw, we both would so desperately love to know either way what it was and that for me is my most important case. I've gone over it day in day out trying to make sense of what it was, looking at every secret craft as much as posssible to see what they can do and to this day I've seen nothing man made that could do what this thing did.

If I had to pick a historical one the like most the Battle over LA just begs to be solved, it offers very credible evidence of something that's not ours over a city.

I think the important things to note are,

Did you see a solid object clearly or was it a light? If it was a light have you checked the various possibly explanations?

What was the behaviour of the object and light?

Was there any details or any unique properties you can describe regarding the light or object?

Was their any other circumstances which need to be considered? Date coinciding with any festival or events? etc..

Location?

Theres probably better questions, but I guess those are some to start with.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
-The ones I find interesting are Westhall HighSchool 1966. Allegedly approx 200 witnesses

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

-Colares - Brazil, people saw and were allegedly attacked by the lights in the sky. This took place over a 4 month peroid and the military were drafted in to observe and document the occurences. The documents were later released by the brazilian government as part of diclosure of certain documents.

www.youtube.com...

-Varginha- Brazil sounds like a compelling case, but I haven't seen enough evidence to comment.

edit on 10-2-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

there is one case that i have never explained, the hopkinsville/ kelly case

possibly one of the worst videos discribing it but still has it
www.youtube.com...
much better one that i cannot find.
i thought of all explinations none of them work

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

try to find the book ufo crash in brazil. it has the whole story, interviews and everything

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

there is one case that i have never explained, the hopkinsville/ kelly case

possibly one of the worst videos discribing it but still has it
www.youtube.com...
much better one that i cannot find.
i thought of all explinations none of them work

I would have to call hoax on this purely due to the lack of info or sources.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

try to find the book ufo crash in brazil. it has the whole story, interviews and everything

Have you had a chance to watch Westhall HighSchool 1966 video?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Phoenix Lights!

and the "UFO's" over the Capitol(or was it the Whitehouse?) in the 60s

edit on 10-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

thats what i thought but the only problem is that they really had no reason to, they only interviewed one person so this is good evidence that they were not doing this for publicity, as well as they chased off all the reporters, plus left for another home do to the haraasment so why woiuld they subject themsevles to torment and ridicule for nothing

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

thats what i thought but the only problem is that they really had no reason to, they only interviewed one person so this is good evidence that they were not doing this for publicity, as well as they chased off all the reporters, plus left for another home do to the haraasment so why woiuld they subject themsevles to torment and ridicule for nothing

Who was this one person who interviewed them?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This is only addressed to those who are skeptical or generally critical thinkers. I put one question to you

Which case in the history of Ufology baffles or impresses you and makes you believe it warrants further investigation ?

I honestly don't know what your definition of 'skeptical' is, but from my time of perusing mainstream forums and skeptical sites, just the mere mention of any possibility of ufo's will get you laughed/mocked/insulted.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo

I honestly don't know what your definition of 'skeptical' is, but from my time of perusing mainstream forums and skeptical sites, just the mere mention of any possibility of ufo's will get you laughed/mocked/insulted.

So whats your stance on this phenomena?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I believe you must question and educate yourself on the matter before you adopt it as a belief.

So by Skeptic I mean somebody who questions and analyses information. Rather than just adopting information as their own belief based on face value.

Or even better do your own first hand research, but we all have Jobs ( I assume) so thats not always a possibility! lol We can only make the best judgement based on research done by others. Which places us one link further down the chain from the original source.

But you got me thinking, If theres one thing I have learnt, when people report things, they can easily report a biased/selective facts, conveniently leaving out other truths which can put the news into real perspective.

Even main stream media has issues, propaganda and so forth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm not a believer per se, but investigating UFO's and flying buddhist monks makes me probably just a little bit more 'crazy' than a simple ufo believer.

If both realities exist, and I suspect they both do. I really wonder what kind of relationship that extraordinary people with unprecedented paranormal ability (walking through walls, being in two places at once, turning water into wine, walking on water) would have do with UFO's and ET's.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The Hudson Valley sightings of the 1980s as related in "Night Siege" by Imbrogno and Hynek. There were dozens of sightings with hundreds of witnesses. Some were seen by different witnesses in different locations at the same time. It was also apparently disturbing enough to our government that they tried to discredit them with a team of military hoax flyers. Still don't know what it/they were but am positive it was not B2 bombers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I'm not a believer per se, but investigating UFO's and flying buddhist monks makes me probably just a little bit more 'crazy' than a simple ufo believer.

If both realities exist, and I suspect they both do. I really wonder what kind of relationship that extraordinary people with unprecedented paranormal ability (walking through walls, being in two places at once, turning water into wine, walking on water) would have do with UFO's and ET's.

Any house is built on solid foundations, make sure you have solid evidence of some sort and not just here say. That is why I prefer documented mass sightings followed up with a proper investigation. Its still not 100% surefire, but at least theres some form of foundation.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ummmm, most definitely my own 25+ years of probable abductions and sightings. One would think that would most definitely make me a believer, and I am deep down inside, but I seem to not be able to totally overcome my rational brain that tells me "NO WAY". Even so, I know what I have seen, plus the snipets of memories that I have. I wish I could investigate further (hypnosis or whatever), but I have neither the finances nor the resources to do so. I sometimes think that if I were to completely recall all of the "details" of what was done to me that I would not be able to handle it very well psychologically (given that just the site of the typical Grays with the black almond shaped eyes makes my heart start racing and freaks me the hell out!) But yet, I am driven to find out the truth, like I somehow have some kind of role to fulfill. I don't know, I can't explain it.

Anyway, that's my contribution to this post FWIW.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamWatching
Ummmm, most definitely my own 25+ years of probable abductions and sightings. One would think that would most definitely make me a believer, and I am deep down inside, but I seem to not be able to totally overcome my rational brain that tells me "NO WAY". Even so, I know what I have seen, plus the snipets of memories that I have. I wish I could investigate further (hypnosis or whatever), but I have neither the finances nor the resources to do so. I sometimes think that if I were to completely recall all of the "details" of what was done to me that I would not be able to handle it very well psychologically (given that just the site of the typical Grays with the black almond shaped eyes makes my heart start racing and freaks me the hell out!) But yet, I am driven to find out the truth, like I somehow have some kind of role to fulfill. I don't know, I can't explain it.

Anyway, that's my contribution to this post FWIW.

Peace!

I was reading up heavily on hypnosis and pyschology last year totally unrelated to UFO's. It is a really interesting subject. Its not what some people expect it to be, you can't control people against their will. Its more about putting someone into such a relaxed state and changing their state and various pyschological associations through various methods.

What was your experience that you remember specifically ? The reason I ask is because I knew a girl once, who had trouble going to sleep at night. She would tell me she would see ghosts staring at her, and she really exaggerated the experience due to her fear. I then asked her exactly what was happening, and this is what she said to me

" I wake up and I am unable to move my body, I see these faces floating towards me and they look really horrible. They are not 100% solid but transparent "

I then told her I knew exactly what it was, sleep paralysis. I suffered from it a lot growing up. I had seen everything from floating hangers which were coming towards my face while I lay their helplessly. To watching one man shooting another man in my bedroom!!! Then when she knew it had a rational explanation or the fear had gone, she stopped suffering from them.

I am not saying you are suffering from sleep paralysis, but its always best to have all bases covered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join