It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Skeptics/Critical Thinkers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Lol your embarking on a very long path....Ive been researching it for years, But information is scarce seeing as no super power wants to admit they were not the first to launch something into orbit

Getting some archives soon on the subject

Good hunting.
edit on 9/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think some get sceptical, and debunker mixed up dont they?
A sceptic will question everything while a debunker will do everything in their power to uphold the current scientific paradigm... Is that a fair assessment?
The one event that keeps me questioning as far as UFOs are concerned is the Captain James Howard sighting off Newfoundland on the 29th June 1954. Today UFOs can be put down to modern day proto type top secret aircraft testing, back then there was nothing like that! The earlier sightings, to me, are far more important than any of the modern events...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Additionally , the footage of a ufo shooting 3 separate lasers at a nuclear test rocket was intriguing.

Unfortunately the real footage has never been releaed, just animated interpretations. Yet, it is quite an intriquing case...
Agree with The Battle of LA, UFO's over the White House (just because the press releases by tptb were so ridiculous) Shag Harbor, oh crap I could go on and on....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Unfortunately the real footage has never been releaed, just animated interpretations.

DOH! I knew it had to be too good to be true, the footage that is!
Friggin' animation < shakes fist >

Well now I know, thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Shikamaru

I agree with the "Battle of LA" as intriguing.

Afraid you might wish to reconsider the second one, there. At least, the video example....most certainly were flares. Those were displayed south and west of South Mountain. BUT, the hysteria and attention first came about from a few eyewitness reports (but, alas, no videos) of the triangular craft, and well north and west of downtown Phoenix.

Can only presume the flares were placed up in a hurry, to distract and provide a show....or, possibly, was a previously scheduled night training mission, not sure. Others have info on that.....

The other thing to note was there was a young man who reportedly focused his telescope on the lights and saw a light aircraft flying in formation and didnt think anything more of it. Not saying that his testimony is conclusive, but you cant rule him out either.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

I consider myself a critical thinker, so I would have to go with the "Battle of Los Angeles" in 1942. Too many people reported that they saw something. And as slow as that object was moving, to be not shot down by all that AA fire, is a miracle in itself.

My second would have to be the infamous footage of the Pheonix, Arizona sighting of the huge triangular formation of lights over the city being taped from the hillside, in 1997. Here's some video footage for ya.

That's it.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Shikamaru because: added better video

Shadow Clone Jutsu
lol

In regards to the battle of LA was it a solid object or a light?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What you are witnessing is a new protocol that the triangle aliens do now, it used to be a time in which all orbs redeploying would fly back into the cloaked triangle space ship to dock , and those was the reports ,such as

‘Omg I saw 5 flying saucer/ufo/probes/orbs flying and they suddenly disappeared.

But now since all the chemicals are in the air, that keeps them from landing and abducting you any more, they now dock around it in which you will see in more videos in the near future.

But the phoenix lights was actually orbs docking around the triangle craft, turning there ONE ENGINE/ ONE SINGLE LIGHT OFF, while the triangle is in its normal cloaking.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
the"shag harbor" uso incident. is a favorite:

he Shag Harbour UFO Incident was the reported impact of an unknown large object into waters near Shag Harbour, a tiny fishing village in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia on October 4, 1967.

The impact was investigated by various civilian (Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Coast Guard) and military (Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force) agencies of the Government of Canada. The RCN conducted at least one underwater search to attempt to locate the remains of any associated objects. The Government of Canada declared that no known aircraft was involved and the source of the impact remains unknown to this day. It is one of very few cases where government agency documents have formally declared an unidentified flying object was involved. Several military witnesses that were interviewed, including a RCN diver involved in the search, have claimed an alien spacecraft was responsible.[citation needed] It was also claimed by several of the witnesses that units of the United States armed forces were involved in the search. The case was also briefly investigated by the U.S. Condon Committee UFO study, which offered no explanation.
Contents
[hide]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

This case certainly raises some interesting questions

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
This is only addressed to those who are skeptical or generally critical thinkers. I put one question to you

Which case in the history of Ufology baffles or impresses you and makes you believe it warrants further investigation ?

Hmm good question, there are many. Just to name a few.

The Mantell Incident
www.ufoevidence.org...

Summary: Many stories have been written about the untimely death of Captain Thomas Mantell whose USAF P-51 Mustang aircraft crashed on the 7th. January 1948, shortly after having observed a UFO seen hovering in the air close to the US Army Air Force Base at Godman Field, Kentucky. The official Army Air Force verdict is that Mantell’s aircraft crashed after he blacked out owing to lack of oxygen while attempting to fly too high an altitude in what was later described as a high altitude weather balloon.

F-4 Jet Chase over Iran 1976
www.ufoevidence.org...

Summary: One of the best documented UFO-aircraft incidents, when a UFO was observed flying over the restricted airspace of Tehran, Iran. Two U.S.-made F-4 Phantom II jet fighters of the Imperial Iranian Air Force were scrambled, but as the pilots closed in on the target, their communications and weapons systems were suddenly jammed. The incident was confirmed by high ranking officers of the Iranian Air Force and later documented by several agencies of the U.S. military.

UFOs Fly Directly Over Washington DC, 1952
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.youtube.com...

Hudson Valley Sightings
www.ufoevidence.org...

The Hudson River valley of New York state was the site of one of the most widely witnessed and extended episodes of UFO activity ever. Literally thousands of witnesses observed the objects, and many photos and videos were taken. The "siege" begot over 7,000 documented and investigated sightings of a boomerang-shaped craft or crafts moving silently through the sky over New York and Connecticut between 1982 and 1995.

Rendlesham Forest / Bentwaters Incident
www.ufoevidence.org...

The Rendlesham Forest case is undoubtedly one of the best documented and most significant military encounters with a UFO. It is also very credible incident. The incident spanned four days in 1980. Rendlesham Forest is a large pine forest, east of Ipswich, in Suffolk, England. Nearby are the twin NATO air bases, RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge; at the time both bases were being leased to the United States Air Force. Several UFO incidents, including multiple-witness sightings by military personnel, ground traces, and radioactive anomalies were reported from Rendlesham forest. According to USAF security patrolmen on duty, "the object was described as being metallic in apperance and triangular in shape, approx. 2-3 meters across the base... it illuminated the entire forest with a white light, and had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath." In November, 2002, the British Ministry of Defense released the "Rendlesham File" of documents related to and confirming the Rendlesham Forest incident.

The Kelly Cahill Encounter
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.youtube.com...

In August 1993, 27-year-old Kelly Cahill, her husband and three children were driving home after a visit to a friend's house. Their routine journey would soon become a harrowing trip into an unknown world of strange beings that occupied space but were void of color as we know it. The Dandenong foothills, near Belgrave, Victoria, Australia would have its location forever linked to one of the most unusual sightings of a strange creature in Ufology archives. Records from the town of Leicester, England in the year of 1928 give an account of another being without color. The Cahill family would witness either more of the same, or very similar beings in the wee morning hours of August 8

The Zimbabwe School Close Encounter
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.youtube.com...

Summary: On the morning of September 16, 1994, teachers and school officials at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe were amazed when the school's students, aged approximately 5 to 12 years old, reported that a flying object had landed on the school grounds.

I can go on... and on and on
edit on 9-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidSmart
I'd say the one with the most verifiable evidence.
But that seems to be up for debate.

www.youtube.com...

I enjoyed the video,
I totally understand where your coming from, people automatically jump from UFO - Alien, its become a cultural thing to do.

Its still important to hold evidence to scrutiny and assess the evidence at hand. I have formed my own conclusions thus far specifically for glowing lights in the sky. I believe they have a possibility of being similar to the Marfa Lights or Hessdalen phenomena. As the behaviour matches that which has been observed at those two sites.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

1952 UFO's over the White House. There are others equal, but I did not notice this mentioned yet.

I am a UFO believer but I'm very skeptical of most of the hype around this topic. I think it's 99.9999% crap with a handful of exceptions.

Of course the one I saw up close plays a part. Even so, it could have been military for all I know.
An explanation of that here.

quite a public case, I believe I have seen this before. Could it be rationalized as light phenomena that I mentioned before. Or were the various sightings exactly the same over the peroid it happened?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

The Black Knight Sattelite!
Now thats an odd one...... If you can find the info on it,

It was a satellite that was in orbit before anyone could put anything up there, The russians found it when they launched sputnik1

Nice story, but unfortunately there are no sources. Its like an echo on the internet with no birthplace.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
shag harbor, phoenix lights, battle for LA all spring to mind, but i'd have to go with an OG.
The first officially reported UFO crash in these United States; Aurora, Texas. 1896-7, nearly a decade prior to the Wright Bros. first flight, sightings of a cigar shaped flying craft reported across the U.S. Then, on April 17th, 1897, a similar craft reportedly crashed into a windmill near the dying, ghost town of Aurora, Texas. Wreckage was recovered along with a body that was "not of this world" as reported by the Dallas Morning News. The body was buried in the cemetary, which is mentioned on a sign there, and the debris from the crash was thrown down a well. Years later, Brawley Oates would purchase the land with the well, use it as a drinking source, and go on to develope an extreme case of athritis which he himself links to the water. Even if it was a hoax to save a dying town, what was thrown in that well? What crashed there?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

What you are witnessing is a new protocol that the triangle aliens do now, it used to be a time in which all orbs redeploying would fly back into the cloaked triangle space ship to dock , and those was the reports ,such as

‘Omg I saw 5 flying saucer/ufo/probes/orbs flying and they suddenly disappeared.

But now since all the chemicals are in the air, that keeps them from landing and abducting you any more, they now dock around it in which you will see in more videos in the near future.

But the phoenix lights was actually orbs docking around the triangle craft, turning there ONE ENGINE/ ONE SINGLE LIGHT OFF, while the triangle is in its normal cloaking.

Did you just make all of that up?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

1952 UFO's over the White House. There are others equal, but I did not notice this mentioned yet.

I agree. You might find this interesting, although I do have to update it with some additional information.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

One of my personal favorites is the U.S. Coast Guard document detailing a 1988 sighting over Lake Erie. Big UFO hovering low over the frozen lake, ice cracking like thunder as the object appears to settle on the surface, smaller triangular ships emerging from the big one and zipping about, witnessed by two members of the Coast Guard and a couple civilians. And officially documented.

here's the document

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Great thread! Starred and flagged, especially seeing as there's so many cases listed here to research, including several I've not even heard of. I'm not a skeptic when it comes to the idea of UFO's existing but like to think I'm a critical thinker, and will also go for the Belgian UFO Wave. Police sightings, thousands of witnesses, detected on more than one radar, locked onto by F-16's, and the military speaking to the public/press about it too. Plenty to research in that case.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Where do i fit in?

I have seen two ufos in my life, both in my teens.
They were way better then anything I have yet to see on you tube.

Yet I still don't believe.

Is there something wrong with me?

I fit into the same category as you and have always believed anyway...But Doubting Thomas never believed until he saw...but you're another kettle of fish altogether. Maybe you need to be abducted?

Anyhow, what I have seen is way better than anything I will ever witness again also...simply because I didn't just look up at the sky and notice something hovering, but I was already gazing out my room window and I seen it just fall into our earths atmosphere...I was awestruck, because at first I thought it was a shooting star because of its Firey Red colour and the velocity at which it was falling, but it suddenly dropped into our atmosphere and started hovering over the horizon...It was 06:00 and me and my cousin just lay down to sleep after continuous hours of playing PES 2009 on PS3...I almost kicked him outta the bed to witness it!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I like the thread but for me and I suspect many many others, the one we would love to see investigated more are the very one's WE have seen with our own eyes. There can be no more wanting of knowing what it was as the things we see.

I dip into both camps, I'm sceptical of EVERY post / video, you simply have to be these days but once I've seen what I want to see and heard other people break it down more I will then sway towards a state of semi belief depending on the information and factual data seen.

I know what I saw, I don't know how it did what it did, my wife knows what she saw, we both would so desperately love to know either way what it was and that for me is my most important case. I've gone over it day in day out trying to make sense of what it was, looking at every secret craft as much as posssible to see what they can do and to this day I've seen nothing man made that could do what this thing did.

If I had to pick a historical one the like most the Battle over LA just begs to be solved, it offers very credible evidence of something that's not ours over a city.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Did you just make all of that up?

I NEVER,and WIL never come out my immortal mouth with the purity of less than 98.8% on the truth scale.
So no,i didnt make that up.
Its in a post i did called 'the three star method on detecting the triangle'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join