It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Skeptics/Critical Thinkers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is only addressed to those who are skeptical or generally critical thinkers. I put one question to you

Which case in the history of Ufology baffles or impresses you and makes you believe it warrants further investigation ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

I consider myself a critical thinker, so I would have to go with the "Battle of Los Angeles" in 1942. Too many people reported that they saw something. And as slow as that object was moving, to be not shot down by all that AA fire, is a miracle in itself.

My second would have to be the infamous footage of the Pheonix, Arizona sighting of the huge triangular formation of lights over the city being taped from the hillside, in 1997. Here's some video footage for ya.

That's it.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Shikamaru because: added better video

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
the"shag harbor" uso incident. is a favorite:

he Shag Harbour UFO Incident was the reported impact of an unknown large object into waters near Shag Harbour, a tiny fishing village in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia on October 4, 1967.

The impact was investigated by various civilian (Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Coast Guard) and military (Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force) agencies of the Government of Canada. The RCN conducted at least one underwater search to attempt to locate the remains of any associated objects. The Government of Canada declared that no known aircraft was involved and the source of the impact remains unknown to this day. It is one of very few cases where government agency documents have formally declared an unidentified flying object was involved. Several military witnesses that were interviewed, including a RCN diver involved in the search, have claimed an alien spacecraft was responsible.[citation needed] It was also claimed by several of the witnesses that units of the United States armed forces were involved in the search. The case was also briefly investigated by the U.S. Condon Committee UFO study, which offered no explanation.
Contents
[hide]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Belgian Wave
The thing is Belgium gave everyone everything they had.
Military, radar, photo's
Now if they could have only caught the little bugger!

damn those flying triangles!

It's the only case that can't be denied because it's the only case that isn't denied.

so is it alien or black ops?

edit on 9-2-2011 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

I agree with the "Battle of LA" as intriguing.

Afraid you might wish to reconsider the second one, there. At least, the video example....most certainly were flares. Those were displayed south and west of South Mountain. BUT, the hysteria and attention first came about from a few eyewitness reports (but, alas, no videos) of the triangular craft, and well north and west of downtown Phoenix.

Can only presume the flares were placed up in a hurry, to distract and provide a show....or, possibly, was a previously scheduled night training mission, not sure. Others have info on that.....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'd say the one with the most verifiable evidence.
But that seems to be up for debate.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Where do i fit in?

I have seen two ufos in my life, both in my teens.
They were way better then anything I have yet to see on you tube.

Yet I still don't believe.

Is there something wrong with me?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You may be right on the possibility of flares. Truth is, we'll never really know. We can only assume based on evidence given. While I may lean more towards the idea of hoax on it, I can also say it requires more investigation.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
This is only addressed to those who are skeptical or generally critical thinkers. I put one question to you

Which case in the history of Ufology baffles or impresses you and makes you believe it warrants further investigation ?

The starter of all this madeness>kennoth arnold,the first open ufo case in the history of life.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The Black Knight Sattelite!
Now thats an odd one...... If you can find the info on it,

It was a satellite that was in orbit before anyone could put anything up there, The russians found it when they launched sputnik1

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As stated above, The Battle of LA has always had me, the evidence there is hard to dispute.

But that goes for alot of the older cases, the evidence is too dated or hard to obtain, thus making it hard to discern fact from fiction, truth from the mythology of it all. Even Roswell has these issues, its hard to debunk something where the evidence is 64 years old and been around the block 1,000,000 times.

For modern cases, it is so easy to just say CGI for anything, but that doesnt mean it is truly debunked. There are also so many more cases in this modern digital age. Almmost everyone carries a cell phone with at least a digitak camera on it. The influx of easily debunkable cases in the recent years has made everyone a debunker.

The one case I remember from years ago that I have not seen in awhil, and I wonder if it has been satisfactorily debunked is the Guardian case. I remember seeing that on TV as a kid, but have never thought about it until now.

PS...I'm a believer, but also a critical thinker...the evidence to me has to be overwhelming, because the skeptics are going to pull it aprt anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

1952 UFO's over the White House. There are others equal, but I did not notice this mentioned yet.

I am a UFO believer but I'm very skeptical of most of the hype around this topic. I think it's 99.9999% crap with a handful of exceptions.

Of course the one I saw up close plays a part. Even so, it could have been military for all I know.
An explanation of that here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Easily the "battle of Los Angeles". It happened in 1942, in the middle of WW2. This is before Kenneth Arnold, roswell, kecksburg, Betty hill, shag harbor, reptillians, greys, plaedians. No goofiness.

There are newspaper articles. There are photos. There are witnesses.

This has never been "debunked". It has never been covered up. It is the best UFO case in the modern era.

Oh, did I mention there is a movie coming out next month with undertones of this event.

Nothing else compares IMO.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would also have to ante up on the "battle of LA". Because I've always wondered:

1. Was it a psyops?
2. Did the military think it was enemy aircraft from another country?
3. Other?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I think this goes way before Arnold. Perhaps to the earliest Humans. Of course you mean modern in the Industrialized age. That is an interesting one.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

For e there is no 1 case in particular, but many people who do believe. this may warrant attention as for so many people to believe there must be some truth there.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun

Is there something wrong with me?

No, you don't know what you saw and your of a critical mind. That is way better than being gullible, however don't close your mind.

Skeptics get a bad rap often. Some of us have seen one ourselves but remain skeptics. We don't know what we saw or whether it was Earthly or not. We are just honest about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Some of the footage in the doc Secret Space left me believing. All the "fireflies" as mentioned by previous astronauts can be seen throughout the doc.
Additionally , the footage of a ufo shooting 3 separate lasers at a nuclear test rocket was intriguing.

Also, some excellent threads for thought:
Show Us Just One Ufo Pic For Proof
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Questions For Phage, Internos(miss ya man), Chadwickus and Easynow
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

The Black Knight Sattelite!
Now thats an odd one...... If you can find the info on it,

It was a satellite that was in orbit before anyone could put anything up there, The russians found it when they launched sputnik1

Of all the reading I've done. Which has been extensive. This is one I don't recall hearing about. So it's your fault that I'm now going to be digging deeply into this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join